A and T

Philippines now denying entry to some RSO's

20 posts in this topic

Source: http://www.gao.gov/assets/660/652194.pdf

Read this document carefully ,

"NTC uses passenger data collected from the Passenger Name Record (PNR) and the Advance Passenger Information System (APIS). PNR data are collected when an individual books a flight, for example, from a travel agency or airline. Pursuant to regulations, APIS data are collected and sent by airlines as individuals check in for the flight and no later than the moment the aircraft’s doors are closed and secured for the flight (or no later than 30 minutes prior to that moment, if transmitted in batches), and by cruise lines 60 minutes prior to the ship’s departure from the United States and, for incoming vessels, at least 24 hours (at least 96 hours for voyages of 96 hours or more) prior to arrival at the U.S. port of entry.

"

"to determine whether a registered sex offender is on a particular flight, NTC determines whether any of the passenger data, such as name and date of birth, match any of the data in the FBI’s NCIC. However, NCIC may not always have complete information to enable NTC to determine if there is a match, in part because jurisdictions may enter information incorrectly or not at all because certain fields are not mandatory. In this case, NTC checks electronic public sex offender registries—which are not always up to date—to collect missing information, or calls relevant registry officials—which could take additional time.

"

"Specifically, FBI officials stated that, in collaboration with other IWG member agencies, they are developing a process that will send an automated notification to the U.S. Marshals’ NSOTC and registry and law enforcement officials in the jurisdictions where the sex offender is registered: (1) when a registered sex offender has purchased an airline or cruise ticket for international travel, (2) 1 week before the registered sex offender is scheduled to travel by commercial air or sea transport, and (3) when a CBP officer queries that person’s biographic information at a U.S. port of entry, such as any U.S. airport.26

"

So mostly if you are an RSO, you are trapped in the United States it seems.

I also now know of 2 people personally that have been denied entry in the last few months. Trying to visit girlfriend/wife in the philippines . I hope something will change soon to allow people to prevail and be able to have a life, and loved ones together.

Edited by A and T

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

wow.gif I've seen the graph. IMO, it is just right to refuse those people who has no good intention to my fellow Filipinas. There are some white men who visits the Philippines and take advantage of some Filipinas.. They pay some girls for a sex video then upload it online.. It is so alarming to see that there were many RSO who tried to enter in the Philippines... It shows that Filipinas are more at risk to these people who has no good intention... no0pb.gif

Edited by Robb&Ann

But you have to realise not everyone on this list has bad intentions when visiting. You could be on this list for a wide range of things , its not good to just instantly judge a person without all the facts of the case or without comparison to laws of the philippines. (the Philippines should review what law was broken in the states and determine if at the same time period it would have violated its own law)

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

While I agree that not everyone who is a RSO would pose a threat to anyone regardless of the country it would seem that 'most' ARE! The whole point of someone being a RSO is the nature of the crime that they were charged 'guilty' with. Most (I've seen many statistics) people who fall under this are indeed a threat to children, teenagers, adults, pretty much anyone! I don't like to judge people but sexual crimes are some of the worst ones a person can commit but I certainly understand what your trying to say. We all pay for the things we do but some pay more than others but that's the world we live in.

One more thing, a person being 'trapped in the United States' will NEVER be a bad thing in my opinion. Look at all the people who are trying to get in and live here and I bet most of them really wouldn't have a problem if they couldn't ever leave!

California Service Center

US Consulate in Guangzhou, China

I-129F sent on 09-09-2015

I-129F NOA1 received on 10-01-2015

I-129F RFE received on 11-09-2015

RFE replied to on 11-23-2015

I-129F NOA2 received on 12-10-2015

NVC received on 12-22-2015

Date case #, IIN, and BIN assigned on 12-24-2015

Left the NVC on 12-30-2015

US Consulate in China received on 01-06-2016

Packet 3 received on 01-13-2016

Packet 3 sent on 01-20-2016

Packet 4 received on 02-19-2016

Interview date is scheduled for 03-24-2016 (7:45am China time!)

K1 Visa approved!!!!!!!!!

Waiting for actual visa right now!

Well you see it is a bad thing because due to the Adam Walsh Act, anyone that is an RSO can't petition a Spouse , without meeting extreme criteria which is currently arbitrary. Causing many families to be tore apart. You can see many people here under IMBRA have been waiting 3 and 4 years for some sort of response on immigration cases.

And yes, being "trapped" is a bad thing. People have the legal right to travel and in a way this prevents that legal right. Maybe we will see some sort of class action lawsuit regarding it.

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!

atckcgod5n.png

Nope, they informed before they left and were still denied.

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!

atckcgod5n.png

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Well you see it is a bad thing because due to the Adam Walsh Act, anyone that is an RSO can't petition a Spouse , without meeting extreme criteria which is currently arbitrary. Causing many families to be tore apart. You can see many people here under IMBRA have been waiting 3 and 4 years for some sort of response on immigration cases.

And yes, being "trapped" is a bad thing. People have the legal right to travel and in a way this prevents that legal right. Maybe we will see some sort of class action lawsuit regarding it.

Anyone ever convicted of a Sex crime (crimes listed in the AWA) must meet the extreme criteria which is arbitrary to petition a spouse.

This is whether they registered or not.

Timeline

While I agree that not everyone who is a RSO would pose a threat to anyone regardless of the country it would seem that 'most' ARE! The whole point of someone being a RSO is the nature of the crime that they were charged 'guilty' with. Most (I've seen many statistics) people who fall under this are indeed a threat to children, teenagers, adults, pretty much anyone! I don't like to judge people but sexual crimes are some of the worst ones a person can commit but I certainly understand what your trying to say. We all pay for the things we do but some pay more than others but that's the world we live in.

One more thing, a person being 'trapped in the United States' will NEVER be a bad thing in my opinion. Look at all the people who are trying to get in and live here and I bet most of them really wouldn't have a problem if they couldn't ever leave!

I disagree most are not a threat as every study has indicated.

Although I was never a sex tourist (please forgive the so called discription) many men not just RSO and not just americans...Asians, Asutralians, Europeans, Middle Easterners travel to southeast Asia including the Phillipines to participate in this.

No excuse just fact.

I do agree someone that is currently on probation/parole should not be traveling but if USA wants to mandate 10, 15 , 25 year registration on people then the registration should not be public nor international unless and investigation is opened from another country regarding illegal actions of someone there. someone given life registration has been deemed dangerous and should be watched at all times...keep in mind there are people placed on the registry as such for minor offences.

If the Phillipines wants to stop the sex tourists then they need to stop the political corruption from pulis to judge to senators then crack down on the bar owners and the girls selling themselves.

You say why the girls because just as it is here in the USA there is human trafficing and there are the women who sell themsleves without being forced to do so. So to stop human trafficing and protect the victims you must stop or control the legal selling of sex as in Nevada.

BTW if you stop the girls here I do worry that the kidnap scams from other 3rd world countries will increase trapping these women overseas against their will.

As for being trapped in the USA I spend more money than alot of people earn in a year in the USA maintianing a townhome and my fiance in the Phillipiines and then traveling to be with her 40 days a year. Why; because I love her and the USA citizens/USCIS are controlled by fear mongers and I refuse to be subject to their BS.

I am not registered but BS laws like this are forced by the USA and as we all know once they pry a little they go for more.

Edited by evli1966

Filed: Timeline

I disagree most are not a threat as every study has indicated.

Although I was never a sex tourist (please forgive the so called discription) many men not just RSO and not just americans...Asians, Asutralians, Europeans, Middle Easterners travel to southeast Asia including the Phillipines to participate in this.

No excuse just fact.

I do agree someone that is currently on probation/parole should not be traveling but if USA wants to mandate 10, 15 , 25 year registration on people then the registration should not be public nor international unless and investigation is opened from another country regarding illegal actions of someone there. someone given life registration has been deemed dangerous and should be watched at all times...keep in mind there are people placed on the registry as such for minor offences.

If the Phillipines wants to stop the sex tourists then they need to stop the political corruption from pulis to judge to senators then crack down on the bar owners and the girls selling themselves.

You say why the girls because just as it is here in the USA there is human trafficing and there are the women who sell themsleves without being forced to do so. So to stop human trafficing and protect the victims you must stop or control the legal selling of sex as in Nevada.

BTW if you stop the girls here I do worry that the kidnap scams from other 3rd world countries will increase trapping these women overseas against their will.

As for being trapped in the USA I spend more money than alot of people earn in a year in the USA maintianing a townhome and my fiance in the Phillipiines and then traveling to be with her 40 days a year. Why; because I love her and the USA citizens/USCIS are controlled by fear mongers and I refuse to be subject to their BS.

I am not registered but BS laws like this are forced by the USA and as we all know once they pry a little they go for more.

not sure if I understood things right...the Philippines is denying entry to US visitors who are RSO only? The OP mentioned process undertaken within the US. Is it really the Philippines stopping them to allow US visitors with sex crime records to enter or USA has negotiated not to allow people with such records to enter? The Philippines should apply it to all visitors not just to US visitors.

Timeline

not sure if I understood things right...the Philippines is denying entry to US visitors who are RSO only? The OP mentioned process undertaken within the US. Is it really the Philippines stopping them to allow US visitors with sex crime records to enter or USA has negotiated not to allow people with such records to enter? The Philippines should apply it to all visitors not just to US visitors.

This has been in the works since the introduction of the international megans law which failed. The USA controls tge visas from these countries so arm twist them to comply with their way of thinking also ..I could go on politically but when a large country threatens a smaller one they look for someone to protect them and there are costs...

Timeline

ih there is no reports of other nationalities being stopped. . whether they are or not we do not know .. is this lack of communications or is it just not happening?

• 2 weeks later...

It's one of those things that, while forgiven and done serving your punishment, you still have to continue to live with the fallout and consequences of your previous actions. These restrictions are in place for a good reason, even if not specific to your case. As far as meeting your fiance, there are still ways around having to fly to her country. It is harder, yes, but that's one of those consequences.

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

It's one of those things that, while forgiven and done serving your punishment, you still have to continue to live with the fallout and consequences of your previous actions. These restrictions are in place for a good reason, even if not specific to your case. As far as meeting your fiance, there are still ways around having to fly to her country. It is harder, yes, but that's one of those consequences.

While I agree with consequences you must realize these are not consequences caused by their actions but mandates/penalties added retroly to their judgments.

Slippery slope my friend.

How would you like to have NSA knock on your door to remove your loved on ebecause of a misdemeanor from 20 years ago is now Federal crime and they decided it is best that person should not live with you.

Consequences or added punishment or....

I will state that if the registery were to be fixed to contain the actual sexual predators (diagnosed by doctors not law makers and angry victims) then I would support the no travel laws.

But until that happens the rising support for reform will continue as they add more and more poeple to this bogus registry and I will be against any law that restricts peopel on the registry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.