melarnt

What exactly happens to NOA2?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I am a teensie-bit frantic right now, because I received the paper NOA2 by mail yesterday (only it was read to me by my Mother, because I am not currently home).

To give you some back story, I had changed my fiance's address to Costa Rica because he recently moved there. It was told to me that his consulate would be changed to Costa Rica too. This was by a tier 2 officer. Before, I made this change, I had a meeting with our local Uscis office and they told me the same thing.

After receiving our email confirming our NOA2 approval, I then called the USCIS NSC and spoke with a Tier 2 agent to confirm that our case will be sent to Costa Rica and NOT Norway. This was last Wednesday. She was unable to see anything, except that it was sent out on the 13th and told me to wait for the paper version of NOA2 for instructions. She said there is no consulate listed, but that doesnt really mean anything. If his address says Costa Rica, then it will be Costa Rica.

So, my Mother reads the NOA2 and says that they do not know which consulate. I must call an 800 number (not sure which one yet) and submit an 824 form if i need the consulate to be changed. I looked at this 824 form. The fee is $405!!!

What does all of this mean? Is it hanging out at CSC waiting for me to respond? If so, why didnt the Tier 2 person help me? Was it sent to NVC?

I dont believe I should have to fill out any more forms and pay outrageous fees because someone over there did not follow through.

Please, someone, give me some hope.

Thank you,

Melanie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Most of the time in situations like this people call/contact the two consuls and ask them to switch the file for them and are not charged any fee/ don't do any forms.

Instead of calling USCIS I would call DOS and speak to someone there and ask your location questions.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Hello everyone!

I am a teensie-bit frantic right now, because I received the paper NOA2 by mail yesterday (only it was read to me by my Mother, because I am not currently home).

To give you some back story, I had changed my fiance's address to Costa Rica because he recently moved there. It was told to me that his consulate would be changed to Costa Rica too. This was by a tier 2 officer. Before, I made this change, I had a meeting with our local Uscis office and they told me the same thing.

After receiving our email confirming our NOA2 approval, I then called the USCIS NSC and spoke with a Tier 2 agent to confirm that our case will be sent to Costa Rica and NOT Norway. This was last Wednesday. She was unable to see anything, except that it was sent out on the 13th and told me to wait for the paper version of NOA2 for instructions. She said there is no consulate listed, but that doesnt really mean anything. If his address says Costa Rica, then it will be Costa Rica.

So, my Mother reads the NOA2 and says that they do not know which consulate. I must call an 800 number (not sure which one yet) and submit an 824 form if i need the consulate to be changed. I looked at this 824 form. The fee is $405!!!

What does all of this mean? Is it hanging out at CSC waiting for me to respond? If so, why didnt the Tier 2 person help me? Was it sent to NVC?

I dont believe I should have to fill out any more forms and pay outrageous fees because someone over there did not follow through.

Please, someone, give me some hope.

Thank you,

Melanie

Hi,

Approved petitions are always sent to NVC first and then after few days (or weeks if put on AP) forwarded to the embassy. Call NVC on 603-334-0700 see if they received your file (if the havent call every day or two to check) NVC will know what embassy they plan to send it to after they finish processing your case and should be able to rectify this if it hasn't been done so yet.

It is not where I breathe but where I love that I live.

Timeline

Thank you for your responses! I hope and pray what you are saying is true.

I will definitely call NVC and DOS tomorrow and every day after that!

I have read here of some people calling constantly (USCIS, DOS, and NVC) and no one knows where their info is. I just hope this is not the case for us.

Thank you and I will keep you posted on what happens...just in case this ever happens to anyone else.

Much appreciated! :)

Timeline

Well, NVC received it on Friday, May 17th. It is set to be sent out any minute to....the wrong consulate! :(

NVC said we can email and put URGENT in the subject line with our info....and if they see it, fine....if not, well...it is out of their hands.

Address was changed with USCIS...I was told the consulate would change too...but, NVC says they still show old address. What in the world???

I guess if it does end up going, then I will call the Costa Rica U S Embassy and find out if they can do anything. Sweden is very far from Costa Rica and very expensive to fly there..not to mention, he will have to find a place to stay. He has no address out there anymore.

Oh well, I will wait and see what will happen. I am still very thankful to be at this stage. Extremely happy. I just would have liked for things to have gone where they were supposed to have gone.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It will get sorted out just keep working at it. As long as you don't drop the ball it will end up going to the right place. It just might take a bit longer than wanted.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

It will get sorted out just keep working at it. As long as you don't drop the ball it will end up going to the right place. It just might take a bit longer than wanted.

Thank you so much. It is nice to hear these positive words. There is a battle within myself to stay positive and this helps. Much appreciated. :)

Well, NVC received it on Friday, May 17th. It is set to be sent out any minute to....the wrong consulate! :(

NVC said we can email and put URGENT in the subject line with our info....and if they see it, fine....if not, well...it is out of their hands.

Address was changed with USCIS...I was told the consulate would change too...but, NVC says they still show old address. What in the world???

I guess if it does end up going, then I will call the Costa Rica U S Embassy and find out if they can do anything. Sweden is very far from Costa Rica and very expensive to fly there..not to mention, he will have to find a place to stay. He has no address out there anymore.

Oh well, I will wait and see what will happen. I am still very thankful to be at this stage. Extremely happy. I just would have liked for things to have gone where they were supposed to have gone.

Sorry to hear that, at least you know where your petition is and where are you standing. Isn't it annoying that information is not changed as requested by you?

Hope your email will be seen, put your nvc ref (if you asked for it) and/or uscis ref in the subject too.

In case if it will go to the wrong consulate I think they can transfer those files (especially it is their mistake) but it will slightly delay the application. Stay in touch with NVC for now to try and get petition forwarded to Costa Rica and after its sent to whichever contacting DOS who I found being most helpful of all will be mot appropriate.

Good luck!

It is not where I breathe but where I love that I live.

Timeline

Thank you for the good advice. I did hear back from them. They said they could change it, but since he cant show that his stay will be valid here for a full 6 months, the Costa Rican Embassy would more than likely reject it and send it back to NVC.

Do we want to take that chance?....no, not really.

So, off to Sweden!

All-in-all...the end result is that I will be with him and we will soon be married. It will cost us thousands...but, it will be our wedding gift to each other! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.