Ecalos

I'm sorry, I feel so dumb

6 posts in this topic

Too many questions.. I might as well make it its own thread :(

Sorry, I just feel so lost with this AoS stuff :(

I have my fiance and 2 co sponsors (both of his parents)

Have three AoS's, one for each. Each AoS is notarized and signed.

Each AoS is accompanied by an OF-167, iirc does not need to be notarized.

Each AoS is accompanied by last year's tax returns (they are working on getting the full versions now, which I will copy once they are sent to me)

His parents AoS's have employer letters and bank statements, his does not as he is in school and not working. These are not notarized either.

As applicable, stock statements/retirement fund statements are inclided, but I don't believe a savings account statement is... is this necessary? :unsure:

Am I missing anything? Anything seem to be done incorrectly?

Thankyouthankyouthankyou for the help. I read all the guides and everything and for some reason this is just overwhelming me :(

AOS/EAD/AP:

Apr. 24 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Sent to Chicago Lockbox

Apr. 25 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Arrived at Chicago

Apr. 30 2007: NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

May 02 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Cheques cashed

May 03 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Touched

May 22 2007: RFE

May 25 2007: Biometrics for EAD

May 29 2007: EAD Touched

Jun. 06 2007: Biometrics for AOS Completed at the same time as EAD

Jun. 08 2007: RFE sent back

Jun. 11 2007: RFE Rec'd

Jun. 13 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 14 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 18 2007: AOS Touched

Jul. 10 2007: EAD and AP Touched and approved!

Aug. 17 2007: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!!!

Lifting Conditions:

Jun. 15 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug. 14 2009: Biometrics

Sep. 17 2009: Approved!

Pillowcased: Diary of a Madwoman. Full timeline coming soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A quiz: which form are you using? I-864 or I-134?

With this form the best policy is keep it simple, Dose your income exceed 125% of the poverty line when including you, your dependents, and the immigrant that you are sponsoring? If it does, then the only things you need to provide are Past 1-3 years returns (IRS Transcripts are preferable), Letter from employer, and a few pay stubs.

You start bringing in assets like bank, investments, etc.. also the assets need to be liquid assets that can be converted to cash easily when you fall below the 125% line. 401K is not a liquid asset due to penalties for taping into the 401K.

Don't volunteer more than is what is needed to exceed the 125% line, the more you give them the more questions that they can ask and the more chances for them to refuse the visa and request more supporting financial evidence.

More: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=support

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Everything looks good.

I brought bank statements to the interview, but the interviewing officer didn't even look at them. In fact, the officer didn't even ask for pictures. The interview literally took 2 minutes.

As long as you have all Affidavits of Support notarized with last year's tax returns and W2's, you should be fine. (Only last year's is required. Not the past 3 years.) I included my then fiance's employer letter as well, but this is optional. Stocks/bonds certificates, etc. are also optional.

There was another person at the interview who didn't even bring tax returns and W2's and he got approved.

Edited by ajmc

I-134 is the form I'm after.

If I recall correctly his dad's income alone is something like double the 125% line if there were 8 dependents in the household.

Rob himself put a lot of '0's in because like I said, he's made hardly any money this year. He did include a (full) copy of his tax return from last year though. So did his mom and dad. Neither of the 3 of them included information on a savings account in a bank, but I believe his dad Has both an employer letter, and a statement concerning their retirement fund.

Thanks for the advice so very very much!

AOS/EAD/AP:

Lifting Conditions:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
I-134 is the form I'm after.

If I recall correctly his dad's income alone is something like double the 125% line if there were 8 dependents in the household.

Rob himself put a lot of '0's in because like I said, he's made hardly any money this year. He did include a (full) copy of his tax return from last year though. So did his mom and dad. Neither of the 3 of them included information on a savings account in a bank, but I believe his dad Has both an employer letter, and a statement concerning their retirement fund.

Thanks for the advice so very very much!

Correct answer I-134 is the correct one to be using, yes if his father makes enough in income then his father is all that is needed for Affidavit of support.

Again Keep the financial evidence as simple as possible, I have read where the more that is volunteered the more questions that can be asked. All they want is proof that you will not become a charge of the state.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

awesome, thanks so much. Huge weight off my shoulders!

AOS/EAD/AP:

Lifting Conditions:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.