Rob & Rachel

Tier 2 down at USCIS?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Anyone else finding it impossible to speak to a tier 2 person today?

Curious if there is really a "Technical problem" or just getting the runaround.

If you were able to, about what time was it?

Thanks!

SHARE THIS VIDEO to promote the USCIS delays!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Sorry this is completely unrelated but your picture is so cute!

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Timeline

Sorry this is completely unrelated but your picture is so cute!

Thank you! blush.png

Just a quick selfie last time we met at the Hong Kong airport...That was back in Feb, but seems so long ago...

It's funny, you are wanting to come here, and we'd both love to go to the UK!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Feb does feel like ages ago! I think the novelty of the UK has worn off after 27 years i find it positevly boring lol

Our Story AoS
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand

Timeline

Feb does feel like ages ago! I think the novelty of the UK has worn off after 27 years i find it positevly boring lol

I suppose if you stay anywhere too long it gets that way. At least you'll have plenty of new things to see here!

The big difference is if you go someplace, it's still in the US, it can be different, yet still the same. Still the US. I find the UK interesting because you still have all of Europe in your backyard if you would like to see something different.

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Thats very true! Just a quick dip over the channel and we're on the mainland! I have a feeling ill miss it when im gone!

Our Story AoS

K1

[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)

Timeline

I think if we start to carry a passport to travel inside the US, it would feel like we were oversea. Well, if that could make Robert feel better? I suppose. I feel it is just how you are willing to try new things when you decided to move somewhere, isn't it? I find a lot of new immigrants complain about the boring US lifestyle all the time. Yet they miss their homeland.

Why are you still calling USCIS, instead of NVC?

Posted Today, 03:43 PM

Thanks!

Thanks!

Sorry that I am new here. It takes me a minute to navigate around.

I thought you had gotten your NOA2. Why are you still calling USCIS ,Sir?

Timeline

I think if we start to carry a passport to travel inside the US, it would feel like we were oversea. Well, if that could make Robert feel better? I suppose. I feel it is just how you are willing to try new things when you decided to move somewhere, isn't it? I find a lot of new immigrants complain about the boring US lifestyle all the time. Yet they miss their homeland.

Why are you still calling USCIS, instead of NVC?

because my petition seems to have disappeared somewhere between the two. NVC doesn't know anything, so I'm trying to get some answers through USCIS to see what happened to it.

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

because my petition seems to have disappeared somewhere between the two. NVC doesn't know anything, so I'm trying to get some answers through USCIS to see what happened to it.

I feel you. And I really hope some day chinese does not need a visit visa to the US.

it has been tough on me not seen her everyday, and still sees hope that she can be here soon.

I have seen people here posting that it takes USCIS 10 days to ship packets to NVC. Due to US Postal Service delays? I don't understand why they can't put one tag on the case at the first place since we need to track it along the way. Would not that be easier for everyone?

Good luck on your upcoming process. I am sure she will be here soon enough.

Timeline

I feel you. And I really hope some day chinese does not need a visit visa to the US.

it has been tough on me not seen her everyday, and still sees hope that she can be here soon.

I have seen people here posting that it takes USCIS 10 days to ship packets to NVC. Due to US Postal Service delays? I don't understand why they can't put one tag on the case at the first place since we need to track it along the way. Would not that be easier for everyone?

Good luck on your upcoming process. I am sure she will be here soon enough.

Thanks for your positive thoughts, it would be great if china didn't need a visa, but those agreements are shared between countries, and I don't think China is anywhere near allowing travel visas into China. I know it's been tried in the past, but no agreements have been worked out.

Technically, yes, it gets to the NVC in 10-15 business days, if it get's sent out on time and correctly. Thing is, that doesn't always happen, and yes, it would be great if there were a way to track it. Thing is, I don't think they want people to be able to do it. they don't want you to know if it's sitting in a warehouse somewhere, or in an AP state.

The NOA2 wait was awful, and just when you think things are moving along...NOPE! And still they don't want to tell you anything.

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

Thanks for your positive thoughts, it would be great if china didn't need a visa, but those agreements are shared between countries, and I don't think China is anywhere near allowing travel visas into China. I know it's been tried in the past, but no agreements have been worked out.

Technically, yes, it gets to the NVC in 10-15 business days, if it get's sent out on time and correctly. Thing is, that doesn't always happen, and yes, it would be great if there were a way to track it. Thing is, I don't think they want people to be able to do it. they don't want you to know if it's sitting in a warehouse somewhere, or in an AP state.

The NOA2 wait was awful, and just when you think things are moving along...NOPE! And still they don't want to tell you anything.

If you think the visa process is bad, wait till the naturalization part. Do you plan to be there at her interview in Guangzhou? Visa appoint will come before you know it.

Timeline

If you think the visa process is bad, wait till the naturalization part. Do you plan to be there at her interview in Guangzhou? Visa appoint will come before you know it.

At this point, I don't expect any of it to be good... better not to expect a positive experience and be disappointed...

I wish I could be there, but I'm out of vacation time at work. She's be fine, though, she's a real Supergirl!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

At this point, I don't expect any of it to be good... better not to expect a positive experience and be disappointed...

I wish I could be there, but I'm out of vacation time at work. She's be fine, though, she's a real Supergirl!

I am sure she will. K-1 has an overall approval rate of 97% percent. Just Guangzhou is the only place in charge of their interview due to large immigration visa workload, I guess.

Timeline

I am sure she will. K-1 has an overall approval rate of 97% percent. Just Guangzhou is the only place in charge of their interview due to large immigration visa workload, I guess.

Hopefully by the time it gets there, they will have caught up from the backlog from the closure.

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.