Princesa

It works! It works! THANKS SO MUCH!!!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I tried what you suggested (see topic Any Good experience using Vonage with multiple phones?) and it simply works! :dance:

We currently have 3 phone lines, so what I did was check the color of the wires going into the jackets at home, so I could know which was what line... and then I went to the outside box and unplugged the wires from the jacks (one by one) to check which one corresponded to each phone number... once I identify the line we want to switch, I unplugged it and checked every single phone for tone. Since ANY of the phones we use with that specific number had tone I proceeded to plugged the Adaptor to the wall phone outlet and guess what??? I had that phone working all over the home!!! :thumbs:

Now I have two questions:

1. All of the phones worked well but one... I got radio signal (low but you can listen the radio station there). :wacko: I undo the above procedure and returned the phone line to work, and again... the radio signal in the same phone extension. Conclusion, it doesn't have anything to do with the phone service provider. Do you think I moved a wire in the outside box and that's why now it is receiving this radio signal? Please give me some ideas... Thanks in advance.

2. My husband has a two lines phone. One of them is the line we are switching to Vonage and the other will remain as normal phone service. While doing the test above I disconnected this phone line too, since I was not sure it could cause any problem to the phone adaptor. .. My question is: Can I have both lines, the normal phone line and the vonage line connected to this phone or this will "FRY" the Adaptor? This two lines phone is connected to an outlet where a two lines cable comes. Any ideas?

Thanks again! :star:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3833

This is the link to the topic. Thanks!

Princesa

12/06/04 - I-129F mailed to Nebraska Service Center

02/14/05 Got RFE via email

02/17/05 Received RFE snail mail

02/19/05 Sent the original forms requested

02/28/05 Approved NOA 2 (email)

03/04/05 Received NOA2 (mail)

04/06/05 Pack. 4 - appointment date for mid May, 2005!!!

05/16/05 Inteview and visa granted!!!

06/16/05 Arrived to US

07/09/05 WEDDING DAY!!!

08/13/05 AOS, EAD and AP mailed to Chicago Lock Box

10/04/05 AP approved! :)

11/08/05 Biometrics taken

03/22/06 We received the letter for the AOS interview!!! it is scheduled for May 11th ...

And still waiting for my EAD.... Can you believe it?

11/05/06 AOS interview. APPROVED!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Radio signal is a common problem if your wireless phone receives at that frequency. Only way round it is to get a phone that plugs into the wall. If it's already that kinda phone, I don't know.

As far as lines coming into the phone, multi-line sets are generally set up to either run VoIP (what Vonage is) or POTS lines. I don't know if it will be possible to get both lines working on a mutli-line set, but I can ask a tech at work tomorrow. (I work for an Avaya business partner, I see a lot of technicians who are more into phones than you or I would ever want to be! :lol:)

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.