Kathy and Jesse

getting my daughter.. which process is the best way to do? any advice?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi fellas.. it's been a while since the last time I posted here. I finally went back home to Philippines last month for 3 weeks. Happy to see the family and my daughter. Unfortunately I couldn't able to bring my daughter back w me in Colorado. We are still working w her papers. I have a feeling that she won't be able to come w k2 until August. If thats the case.. Please give me idea what we can do to get her.. what petition to apply or is there any way to extend the k2? I hope you guys will light me up..

Hope to hear from you soon vj family.

Many thanks in advance

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If she was included on the original I-129F petition you have one year from your visa approval date for her to get her interview and approval. I don't know if you can get extensions on this, never heard of that, only heard of extensions for you (the K-1), everything I have read on the K-2 states its only valid for 1 year after your approval (visa). My suggestion is to not miss that date, the process is the same as what you completed. I would beat feet and not hit the drop dead date in August.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Well.. that's what were hoping for.. to have her papers done before August. (Cross finger) But Philippine process is just so slow.. I had my k1 visa approved last year of August. If worst comes to worst and we cant make it on august. I would like to be prepared.. Do we have any options here?

Timeline

The process in the Philippines is slow? Are you still working on her passport? After you have that the complete process (including receiving the visa) can be done in about 4-6 weeks.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

No.. we cannot get her passport until her birth certificate has been completed. Right now we are still waiting for court decision. After that decision they said it could take up to 3 months to have her BC forward to NSO.

Hi fellas.. it's been a while since the last time I posted here. I finally went back home to Philippines last month for 3 weeks. Happy to see the family and my daughter. Unfortunately I couldn't able to bring my daughter back w me in Colorado. We are still working w her papers. I have a feeling that she won't be able to come w k2 until August. If thats the case.. Please give me idea what we can do to get her.. what petition to apply or is there any way to extend the k2? I hope you guys will light me up..

Hope to hear from you soon vj family.

Many thanks in advance

Are you still on a K-1 visa? I'm assuming you're not.

If you are indeed married, why not have your husband (USC) petition your daughter? If your daughter is unmarried and under 21, she is considered his immediate relative.

Here's more info.

Hope this helps some.

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

Timeline

Why go through that process when she is already approved for the K-2 visa. IF they miss the August drop dead date THEN they can start new with the petition process to bring her (in about another year with all the waiting... again)

No.. we cannot get her passport until her birth certificate has been completed. Right now we are still waiting for court decision. After that decision they said it could take up to 3 months to have her BC forward to NSO.

When was your daughter born that you are still processing her birth certificate?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Are you still on a K-1 visa? I'm assuming you're not.

If you are indeed married, why not have your husband (USC) petition your daughter? If your daughter is unmarried and under 21, she is considered his immediate relative.

Here's more info.

Hope this helps some.

Thank you very much! I will definitely keep this in mind.

Timeline

Hank.. it's complicated.. the parents listed on my daughter bc is my parents. The embassy will for sure reject her if they found out that I am not the mother listed on her BC. Do you know how long it'll take if my husband petition her as his stepdaughter?

Hank.. it's complicated.. the parents listed on my daughter bc is my parents. The embassy will for sure reject her if they found out that I am not the mother listed on her BC. Do you know how long it'll take if my husband petition her as his stepdaughter?

the one year timeframe for a K-2 cannot be extended. if your husband files an I-130 for his step daughter, the process will probably be less than one year, since the step daughter will be considered an immediate relative.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

the parents listed on my daughter bc is my parents. The embassy will for sure reject her if they found out that I am not the mother listed on her BC. Do you know how long it'll take if my husband petition her as his stepdaughter?

Yes. This will be complicated.

Before submitting any petition, you really should have your daughter's birth certificate corrected.

As far as the USEM and USCIS is concerned, she is your sister and not your daughter.

Hope you get that straightened out.

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

Timeline

Ah... that isn't the first time I have read of that happening. Will like said if you don't make the August drop dead date your husband can petition for your daughter once the BC is corrected.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Ah... that isn't the first time I have read of that happening. Will like said if you don't make the August drop dead date your husband can petition for your daughter once the BC is corrected.

Thanks Hank.. We might do that then if we can't make it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.