Daidawei

What proof is needed to prove I am moving back?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I am the petitioner and during the interview they told my wife I need to provide proof I am moving back to the US but they didn't say exactly what. I can think of the following:

• proof of seeking employment (since I don't have a job already lined up)
  • money transfers to my US account (I live in China currently)
  • emails to and from friends/family stating my intentions to move back

I don't know how to prove I am seeking employment. Do emails and job applications suffice or is there something else I need?

What else can I do?

Thanks

Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Timeline

I am the petitioner and during the interview they told my wife I need to provide proof I am moving back to the US but they didn't say exactly what. I can think of the following:

• proof of seeking employment (since I don't have a job already lined up)
  • money transfers to my US account (I live in China currently)
  • emails to and from friends/family stating my intentions to move back

I don't know how to prove I am seeking employment. Do emails and job applications suffice or is there something else I need?

What else can I do?

Thanks

Daidawei,

I will be in a similar situation in a few months too, but I was wondering, did they tell your wife this this and give you 'xx' amount of time to go back to provide proof? or did they deny? or was it some kind of conditional approval?

Edited by semidevil

Timeline

I will establish proof of US domicile (the link provided is actually a previous post I made). But that doesn't prove I am seeking employment, which they specifically asked for. So, what is acceptable proof I am seeking employment?

Semidevil,

Yes, they filled out a form for us that explains what we still need. The interviewer also explained in more detail these requirements to my wife but wasn't very clear and rather rude (according to my wife). It wasn't a denial, just that they cannot further process our visa without this stuff. I think the time given was like 6 months, but I am not 100% sure on this. I will have to check.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I would assume the same things unemployment requires as proof for looking for a job would do in your case. For example if it is a job you apply for online, print a copy of the job description (with the url), a copy of the resume and cover letter, along with a copy of the email sent trail or online confirmation of submitting an application. Do this multiple times over a period and I would say there is your proof you are looking for a job in the states.

Timeline

I'm not really reading about your EUREKA moments that you should be having when you read the Canadien topic about re-establishing domicile.

I'm starting to think you really aren't reading that stuff, or aren't understanding what you have read.

I could map a roadmap for you, to show proof of re-establishing domicile, but I am feeling really silly about this, you not writing up yer EUREKA moments from reading..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.