broadv

Money gram

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Salam to everybody
i wish you all have a nice day and evrything is going well with you..
Well i wanna Ask people whom go thought CR1 process that if MONEY GRAM receives can be sent as a proof of relationship to immigration center with the forms and other proofs or is a bad idea..?
thank you for ur help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

They have ways of knowing anyway so if they ask don't lie.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Nooooooo ont ever ever emntin money in your paperwork as will be proof of scam and paid marriage.., few ppl was denied for such reason, keep yur finance with your partner away from immgrations..,

I have to respectfully disagree with this comment. I don't see why it would be a bad thing to provide receipts of money sent to my spouse for whatever our reasons would be. It would show that we are co-mingling our finances.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I have to respectfully disagree with this comment. I don't see why it would be a bad thing to provide receipts of money sent to my spouse for whatever our reasons would be. It would show that we are co-mingling our finances.

MoneyGram receipts don't show a mingling of finances - they show one person sending money to another.

A joint bank account would be evidence of mingling of finances.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

MoneyGram receipts don't show a mingling of finances - they show one person sending money to another.

A joint bank account would be evidence of mingling of finances.

Agree 100%. Also, in MENA countries I would be concerned that any money being sent from a beneficiary to a USC might look like a payoff, and any money being sent from a female USC to a male beneficiary will look suspicious considering the duty of a Muslim man to provide for his wife. Since its culturally abnormal for a Moroccan man to take money from a Moroccan woman, I think the consulate would look at it as evidence of a scam if he took money from an American woman.

I don't know how the consulates view a male USC supporting a female beneficiary...but since I haven't seen female beneficiaries have as much difficulty in MENA countries and since there are so many other kinds of evidence to use, why risk it?

Timeline

My husband wouldn't even accept for me to send him money to get a birthday gift, its a cultural thing. I would also be worried to use it as financial co mingling because they could use it against you ,as others said. Err on the side of caution I always say :)

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Agree 100%. Also, in MENA countries I would be concerned that any money being sent from a beneficiary to a USC might look like a payoff, and any money being sent from a female USC to a male beneficiary will look suspicious considering the duty of a Muslim man to provide for his wife. Since its culturally abnormal for a Moroccan man to take money from a Moroccan woman, I think the consulate would look at it as evidence of a scam if he took money from an American woman.

I don't know how the consulates view a male USC supporting a female beneficiary...but since I haven't seen female beneficiaries have as much difficulty in MENA countries and since there are so many other kinds of evidence to use, why risk it?

Currencies of MENA countries have very lower value compared to Dollar or Euro, Dirham (Moroccan currency) cannot be wired nor bank-transferred. In my opinion, the case when the female USC sends money to her MENA beneficiary, the beneficiary is the one who is looked at suspicious not both.

Culturally, it became normal for the Moroccan husband to be helped financially by his wife, not to have fun with it, my mother sold her lands to rescue dad's business back in the 90's, if the USC female supports her jobless MENA beneficiary i think it's normal, not a huge fraud indicators compared to if he sends her money, then it's obvious, socioeconomically it's impossible.

I want to share that actually I (as a USC petitioner wife) thought I HAD to send money to my Moroccan husband (beneficiary) to show that we are sharing our finances and since I am the one who is sponsoring him I wanted to show that I can support him.

So when the I130 petition was filed, somehow now I realized I misunderstood the AOS requirements and misinterpret what is expected from reading everybody's Visa Journey postings. I thought in my head that since we don't have a joint bank account, I thought the next best thing was to send money to show that we are financially sharing. I believe in sharing everything since we are now husband and wife and thought it was proof of ongoing relationship.

Like the poster above said, I also believe that a Moroccan husband and wife work together as a team. I being a strong person wanting the best for my husband, he accepts me for who I am when we married and I am not a Muslim and I thought it was the thing to do. The whole process so far is done according to my choice. So he is not telling me to send him money at all. I guess I messed up on my own by interpreting what is expected incorrectly now.

I just love my husband so much and want him to be with me. I have a steady good-paying career and now I want my husband here so we can be a couple in the same household. So I will explain to the consulate if they have any concerns and we will answer truthfully when they ask. smile.png

Edited by Ismael&Blair

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It is not considered fraud, it does show mingling of money. Our case was such that my husband went from being a son to head of household overnight for a family of 5 when his father died. On top of that the family was evicted that was a huge responsibility so yes I did help. In my eyes we are husband and wife and he is entitled to share our funds regardless of who earns it. We did not have the luxury of a joint checking therefore western union was the only option. The only thing I did to explain the money transfers was that I was consistent it was money I send religiously and I explained how I wanted the money spent to best help the family at the time in our conversations. My husband has been here almost two years and I still help the family. He would be miserable knowing we are living so comfortably here and his family is struggling the transition is hard enough with the language barriers, bad economy etc. I do everything I can to help my family, my extended family and our family across the ocean. I say share the blessings you will always be blessed . I did it, provided a lot proof of it, my sweet mother-in-law wrote an affidavit attesting to our marriage and the assistance. We had no issues and no questions were asked on the topic. The COs do look at the circumstances and if you can explain the use of the money plus we had proof of what was done with the money if they did ask.

Good luck...

Timeline

my RFE asked to show proof of any money transfers or money roders to the other country. i sent them the copy of the transactions and also i wrote a small letter explaining what the money was for. i still got approve from the uscis. just be honest at all times and explain everything if you feel uneasy about anything to them. but make it brif. good luck. its a long process if you miss anything

Timeline

salam I would say do not send it especially if ur spouse is the one sending the money. if you have to send proof of a relationship send emails, chat recors, skype message text phone records. Have your family and friends write letters tabout you guys relationship. Best of luck if you need any help let me know

Peace & Much Love

~ SouSou~

It is not considered fraud, it does show mingling of money. Our case was such that my husband went from being a son to head of household overnight for a family of 5 when his father died. On top of that the family was evicted that was a huge responsibility so yes I did help. In my eyes we are husband and wife and he is entitled to share our funds regardless of who earns it. We did not have the luxury of a joint checking therefore western union was the only option. The only thing I did to explain the money transfers was that I was consistent it was money I send religiously and I explained how I wanted the money spent to best help the family at the time in our conversations. My husband has been here almost two years and I still help the family. He would be miserable knowing we are living so comfortably here and his family is struggling the transition is hard enough with the language barriers, bad economy etc. I do everything I can to help my family, my extended family and our family across the ocean. I say share the blessings you will always be blessed . I did it, provided a lot proof of it, my sweet mother-in-law wrote an affidavit attesting to our marriage and the assistance. We had no issues and no questions were asked on the topic. The COs do look at the circumstances and if you can explain the use of the money plus we had proof of what was done with the money if they did ask.

Good luck...

Thanks for your comment. I am glad that you have the family values like I do for my husband, my family and his family. I don't like to divulge details of our life situation but I can say we are in a similar situation. I appreciate this and it puts me at ease.

Timeline

I provided a couple money gram receipts....we got approved with only two trips to Morocco. We did the Aos (adjustment of status) and a couple of weeks ago received the 10 year card without having to go to an interview. I would say unless you are sending lots of money, it just shows helping especially if its a spouse.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.