caly

ROC with no bills/rental lease in both our names

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks everybody!! Just receiver the approval letter!! As I said we did not have any bank accounts, bills or lease agreement! But we had other documents that showed our marriage is real! RFE - send anything that may prove your marriage! not only well known document could work, but gym card,statements, costco membership, any papers where you or your spouse claims as married. Good luck! P.S the cover letter is also very important!!!

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

Thanks everybody!! Just receiver the approval letter!! As I said we did not have any bank accounts, bills or lease agreement! But we had other documents that showed our marriage is real! RFE - send anything that may prove your marriage! not only well known document could work, but gym card,statements, costco membership, any papers where you or your spouse claims as married. Good luck! P.S the cover letter is also very important!!!

Hooray! kicking.gif

Did you explain why you didn't have joint accounts, bills, etc. in your cover letter? Could you perhaps copy your cover letter here?

I drafted a cover letter for our application a couple of days ago. In it, I included a very brief paragraph saying that although we do not have joint utility bills, we have included many other forms of financial (and other) evidence showing we lead joint lives as a happily married couple.

Do you think this will be helpful? Or should I not draw attention to the lack of bills? unsure.png

USCIS: CR-1 Visa @ Vermont Service Center (Approved in 140 days from NOA1)

03/07/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/14/11: NOA1 via text and email (03/21/11: in the mail); petition routed to VSC

07/27/11: NOA2 via text and email (07/30/11: received in the mail)

08/01/11: Case received at NVC

09/19/11: Case complete and forwarded to consulate

10/19/11: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

11/18/11: POE

12/12/11: 2- year Green Card arrives in the mail

12/22/11: Applied for SSN at local office

12/26/11: SSN arrives in the mail

08/20/13: ROC window opens

10/03/13: I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center

10/05/13: I-751 Delivered (Signed for by Karen Fitzgerald)

10/09/13: Check cleared bank account

10/11/13: NOA1 received (dated 10/07/13)

10/19/13: Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 10/16/13)

11/12/13: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo, NY

11/15/13: Case transferred to CSC

03/04/14: USCIS case status update: Card/Document Production (i.e. APPROVED!!!)

03/07/14: USCIS case status update: Green Card in the postal system; tracking number

03/08/14: Approval notice arrives in the mail (dated 03/04/2014; USCIS Office: Buffalo, NY)

03/10/14: 10-year Green Card arrives in the mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

"I still don't know how respond to previous commentator"

This massage for Caly and others

Cover letter:

August 15,2013

USCIS California Service Center

P.O Box 10751 Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1075

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Enclosed please find a JOINT Form I-751, Petition to remove Conditions of Residence status for my wife -_____NAME___. Please also find money orders for $590.00, the fee for this form. We request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my wife ____NAME.

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

1. Application Fee $505.00 & Biometrics Fee $85.00 Total of $590.00

2. Joint Application Form I-751

3. Copy of USCIS Form 1-551

4. Copy of Joint Income Tax Return Form 1040.

Tax return Transcript, Account Transcript for the year 20__ and 20__ (This documents you can ger from IRS)

5. Copy of Joint application for_____ (anything you applied for) we applied for tax return as a check on our address

6. Joint Car Insurance Policy for____car type and year

7. Copy of Motor Vehicle Contract and Security Agreement for____another car

Registration card for_____another car

8. Copy of Joint Application for County Medical Services____ I went to planned parenthood and noticed my hubby as emergency contact

9. Sublease letter (his mom wrote let that we leaved in her house since we have got married and 3 of us signed it)

Other relevant documents:

Joint membership:

24Hours Fitness

Costco wholesale

Copies of my wife recently Pay Stub, Drivers license, Medical Bills received on our address.

Few photos

Send as many documents as you have from both side even if they have only your or his name but showing receiving address is YOUR address. All bills that your husband had on his name for 2 years on your address

Copies of documents submitted are exact copies of unaltered documents and we agree to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a late date,if required. If any additional informationis required please let us know and we will comply

Husband Name: Signature _____________________ Date: ________

Wife Name: Signature ______________________Date:_________

ADDRESS:

CONTACT NUMBER:

we did not explain lack of bills or bank accounts!!

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

Thanks for the info, Vishnya! Congrats again on your approval. :)

USCIS: CR-1 Visa @ Vermont Service Center (Approved in 140 days from NOA1)

03/07/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/14/11: NOA1 via text and email (03/21/11: in the mail); petition routed to VSC

07/27/11: NOA2 via text and email (07/30/11: received in the mail)

08/01/11: Case received at NVC

09/19/11: Case complete and forwarded to consulate

10/19/11: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

11/18/11: POE

12/12/11: 2- year Green Card arrives in the mail

12/22/11: Applied for SSN at local office

12/26/11: SSN arrives in the mail

08/20/13: ROC window opens

10/03/13: I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center

10/05/13: I-751 Delivered (Signed for by Karen Fitzgerald)

10/09/13: Check cleared bank account

10/11/13: NOA1 received (dated 10/07/13)

10/19/13: Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 10/16/13)

11/12/13: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo, NY

11/15/13: Case transferred to CSC

03/04/14: USCIS case status update: Card/Document Production (i.e. APPROVED!!!)

03/07/14: USCIS case status update: Green Card in the postal system; tracking number

03/08/14: Approval notice arrives in the mail (dated 03/04/2014; USCIS Office: Buffalo, NY)

03/10/14: 10-year Green Card arrives in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.