bryane1

Police Clearance

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I would like to know if any other Australians have had trouble in obtaining a Federal Police clearance....I submitted my first application in Feb 2013 via Aust Post never recieved a receipt acknowledgement or any response for a status report, sent a second application via email in early April and evan enlisted the help of the Qld police and still nothing have now enlisted the help of local MP...Yet my British police clearance no problem had Certificate within the ten days they prescribe....I am getting very cocerned at the way our Fedral police is treating it's honest citizens.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Country specific issue moved to regional forums for that country.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Hi Bryan,

I used this information to reseach the requirements in Perth. I had no problems:

http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx

best of luck...

USCIS
Service Center : National Benefits Center
Consulate : Sydney, Australia
Marriage : 2012-09-15
I-130 Sent : 2012-10-02
I-130 NOA1 : 2012-10-09
I-130 RFE : NONE
I-130 Approved : 2012-12-14
NVC
NVC Received : 2013-01-04
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2013-01-19
Pay I-864 Bill : 2013-01-27
Receive I-864 Package : 2013-01-19
Return Completed I-864 : 2013-02-21
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2013-01-26
Receive IV Bill : 2013-02-07
Pay IV Bill : 2013-02-08
Case Completed at NVC : 2013-02-28
Email Confirmation of case closed 2013-03-06
NVC Left :2013-03-06
EMBASSY
Interview Date :Scheduled for April 30th 2013; Actual date 2013-04-16 (due to early interview request) - Visa Approved

Visa processed and sent 2013-04-17

Visa in hand 2013-04-19
POE

I would like to know if any other Australians have had trouble in obtaining a Federal Police clearance....I submitted my first application in Feb 2013 via Aust Post never recieved a receipt acknowledgement or any response for a status report, sent a second application via email in early April and evan enlisted the help of the Qld police and still nothing have now enlisted the help of local MP...Yet my British police clearance no problem had Certificate within the ten days they prescribe....I am getting very cocerned at the way our Fedral police is treating it's honest citizens.

Are you living in Queensland right now, or are you outside Australia?

If you are living in Queensland you are supposed to get your police clearance through the Queensland police, not through the AFP.

If you are outside Australia, then it is through the AFP.

Timeline

Yes I am still In Queensland there is no rules saying you have to go through our state police although I enlisted their help in tracing my applications and even thei help did not get a response. However as of yesterday my local Member of Parliment did get a response from them...That it is now being processed...Thankyou for your advice.

Timeline

Hi Bryane, I don't know if it's different in other states, but for us in Victoria we have to go through the State rather than Federal police and that has been pretty straightforward and quick for everyone I've heard of (within two weeks). My understanding was the same as Lainie's, i.e. that you only go through the AFP if you don't live in Australia. But I'm not an expert on this so I could be wrong, or it might be different in Queensland.

I do remember at least one person posting here who was living in South Africa and trying to get her certificate from the AFP, and apparently they took a very long time for her too. She ended up being able to talk to them by phone and it got worked out in the end, but she did have a few months' wait.

Feb 24, 2012 - NOA1

Sep 5, 2012 - RFE

Oct 22, 2012 - RFE reply sent

Nov 5, 2012 - NOA2

Nov 27, 2012 - Packet 3 received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Bryane,

Go to your local police station to do a Police Clearance. QLD'ers don't go through the AFP. You may want to call ahead to see whether you need an appointment.

14 Jan 2011 - Fiance sent me a message on a dating website

14 Jan 2011 - I added him on Facebook

26 Jan 2011 - Had a 5 hour long conversation that changed my life!

05 Feb 2011 - We decided to be an exclusive relationship

29 Jun 2011 - We met for the first time. It was exactly as I knew it would be!

14 Jul 2011 - He had to leave to go back to USA

17 Jul 2011 - Booked flights for me to go to USA for 3 months on VWP

29 Nov 2011 - Arrived in USA

25 Dec 2011 - HE PROPOSED!

21 Feb 2012 - Left USA for Australia

K1 Visa Process

16 Apr 2012 - NOA1

08 Aug 2012 - RFE

11 Sep 2012 - CSC received RFE documentation

11 Sep 2012 - Did Police Clearance

18 Sep 2012 - NOA 2

26 Sep 2012 - NVC sent case to consulate

16 Oct 2012 - Packet 3 received

18 Oct 2012 - Sent DS-230 off to Sydney Consulate

01 Nov 2012 - Medical completed

07 Nov 2012 - Packet 3 Sent to Consulate

08 Nov 2012 - Packet 3 Delivered

15 Nov 2012 - Packet 4 Received

18 Dec 2012 - Interview APPROVED!

28 Dec 2012 - Entered USA POE:- LAX

09 Jan 2013 - Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I just went to the local police station, gave them my filled out form, did finger prints and then I believe it took about a month to get the check back in the mail.

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi,

I just went to the local Queensland police station and they now exactly which form you need and what need to be done.

I had my certificate from them within 10 days.

M.

Edited by austex

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.