gnormiane

Anyone here from Bremerton/Silverdale/Poulsbo,WA?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi i just got here in US last August 2012.. me and my husband stayed in CA and after few months he recieved a new order to transfer here in Washington(Silverdale).. we just got here 2 months ago and im still hoping that i could find some friends here.. this place is so Depressing like a Province in Philippines.. i grew up in Manila and i never had an idea that i will be living in this kind of place.. lots of trees, cold weather, rainy place, rare Filipinos.. and its really hard to find a Job.. Please help i need A Friend '_'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did you check out the Lumpia Factory in Bremerton? https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Lumpia+Factory&hl=en-US&cid=16484694325113866330&gl=US&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A

And here is a list I found with milage from Silverdale for you.

Filipino American

(206) 780-3219

7566 Ne High School Rd, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110

8.3 Miles

Family Time Restaurant

(206) 365-0706

15200 Aurora Ave N, Shoreline, WA 98133

17.7 Miles

Filipino American Christian Church

(206) 363-3745

14800 1st Ave Ne, Shoreline, WA 98155

18.4 Miles

Filipino American SDA Church

(206) 923-0887

2620 Sw Kenyon St, Seattle, WA 98126

19.2 Miles

Filipino American National Historical Society

(206) 322-0203

810 18th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122

19.5 Miles

Kusina Filipina

(206) 322-9433

3201 Beacon Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144

20.3 Miles

Filipino Community Of Seattle

(206) 722-9372

5740 Martin Luther King Jr Way S, Seattle, WA 98118

21.9 Miles

Filipino American Christian Fellowship

(425) 774-4521

4521 188th St Sw, Lynnwood, WA 98037

22.0 Miles

Displaying 1-8 of 8 Results

Page 1 of 1

Hi there, I used to live in Silverdale and honestly, I was not a huge fan, but a positive attitude would help you to see things much better. There are tons of things to do around there, if it doesn't rain of course, I don't think I would ever want to live there again but a couple of years were fair enough. I guess you are a military spouse, try to spend more time on base, go to the gym, classes, like the workshops or compass class are great, etc. I worked on base and I can tell most of the staff were filipinos, the fact that I started working helped me a lot. It surprises me that you mention that filipinos are rare in the area. If you have any questions you can PM anytime. Hang in there and try to explore a little bit more of washington. Trust me I travelled a lot in the US and there are places that would make me run back to my country and never come back rofl.gif

24/06/2010 NOA1

01/07/2010 Touch

15/11/2010 Touch

17/11/2010 RFE

06/12/2010 Touch

07/12/2010 Touch

10/12/2010 RFE (re-issue)

04/01 2011 RFE response review

13/01/2011 NOA2 YAY!!!!

27/01/2011 NVC

01/02/2011 Consulate received

03/02/2011 Packet 3 received. Im not sure why they called P3 though it's just instructions

04/02/2011 Packet 3 send

17/02/2011 Packet 4 received

22/02/2011 INTERVIEW! and the best part is my visa was approved!

12/03/2011 POE Seattle int Airport.. OMG after surviving the worse japanese earthquake ever

25/03/2011 Wedding day

AOS

Day 1 AOS filed

Day 26 NOA1 email

8/17/2011 Green Card.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there, I used to live in Silverdale and honestly, I was not a huge fan, but a positive attitude would help you to see things much better. There are tons of things to do around there, if it doesn't rain of course, I don't think I would ever want to live there again but a couple of years were fair enough. I guess you are a military spouse, try to spend more time on base, go to the gym, classes, like the workshops or compass class are great, etc. I worked on base and I can tell most of the staff were filipinos, the fact that I started working helped me a lot. It surprises me that you mention that filipinos are rare in the area. If you have any questions you can PM anytime. Hang in there and try to explore a little bit more of washington. Trust me I travelled a lot in the US and there are places that would make me run back to my country and never come back rofl.gif

hi thank you so much for the encouraging msg., im still learning to drive and im worrying about applying a job without a car here.. i used to go to school in CA via bus and i tried to locate bus stop here and its hard not too many bus would pass by here and i have to walk for a mile to get to the bus stop im planning to go to.. and i believe they require that you have your own transportation if i planned to apply a job.. im seeing a lot of job in Seattle and its to far from here i just dont know where to start my journey here..and we still cant afford to buy another car.. unlike in CA There are lot of filipinos that could help you find a job even if you dont own a car.. i studied CNA back in CA, and while im still waiting for my papers approval for NCLEX in CA im still hoping that i could find a job here or atleast that could help me to find that doesnt require a car.. or not too far from here.. i trying to pursue CNA job cause my license will expire if i dont have any experience working as a CNA.. i feel so helpless in this Place.. but i dont have choice.. and i heard its difficult to have a job inside base if you dont know anyone form the inside..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.