Suddy

How do I print pictures for evidence at visa interview? I would really apprecicate your help

23 posts in this topic

Hello, hope everyone is doing well..

I have all my pictures saved on my computer, I did not make a photo album for wedding photos.. Is it ok for me to print the photos like regular photos and write place, date and occasion on back of photo once its time for interview? If so can the photos be printed on regular printer paper or do I have to use photo paper? Will the fact that I do not have a wedding photo album be a problem? I was also wondering if I print photos even wedding photos at time at interview with photo material will IO inquire as to why photos are new, if so what would be my best answer?..

Thanks in advance

I suggest that you sign up on shutterfly.com as a new member you will get 50 free prints, you will have the option to choose frames, add caption..etc.. that what my husband and i use we even got a free photo book from them and our pictures are ready for the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes you can.

When I was assembling my I-130, I registered for free at Shutterfly, http://www.shutterfly.com/kodakgallery/ where a new user can get 50 free prints of size 4" by 6" (of course you got to pay for shipping, but it's worth it).

Then, used a wordprocessing program, i.e. MS Word to create create two 4" by 6" rectangles on each page, at at the bottom of each rectangle, typed a description of the photo I would paste in that 4" by 6" rectangle space. Then i printed the pages, and pasted the photographs. I submitted 12 photographs.

I'm sure there are simpler ways, but I wanted to give the USCIS folks the best impression possible :-)

Wow! sounds great. I'll look at it.. Its always good to have a good first it impression as first impressions last. Thanks very much!

I suggest that you sign up on shutterfly.com as a new member you will get 50 free prints, you will have the option to choose frames, add caption..etc.. that what my husband and i use we even got a free photo book from them and our pictures are ready for the interview.

Ok Judy I will try this.. Thanks much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I agree, look at posts from your specific embassy. I have read from other forums where pictures were on paper and others on photo stock. It appears from most posts, that embassy people only look at a few pictures anyway. On the side, make sure you buy a small hard drive to back up your photos. You can get one cheep at Walmart or Bestbuy. I am professional photographer, and you not believe how many times i get called to reshoot someones wedding because their computer crashed and all pictures were lost. Pictures of special occasions only happen once in life.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would just print them 2 per regular sheet of paper and insert comments on the computer so everythign is nice and neat. I actually arranged all of my evidence using PowerPoint and had 2 per page with comments under each one including who was in the picture and the dates. Good luck with everything!

USCIS - 40 DAYS
2012-10-30: FedEx delivered I-130 to Chicago Lockbox Mail Room
2012-11-01: NOA1 by email - MSC
2012-11-02: $420 (x3) debited from our account
2012-11-05: NOA1 hard copies received, Priority Date 2012-10-30
2012-12-11: NOA2

NVC - 26 DAYS
2013-01-02: Rec'd case#, IIN, BIN & OPTIN emails for EP sent
2013-01-03: Submitted DS-261 (x3)
2013-01-07: AOS bills invoiced and paid & OPTIN for EP accepted for each of us
2013-01-08: AOS bills appear as paid & AOS packages sent by email
2013-01-08: IV bill invoiced & paid (kids' only)
2013-01-09: IV bill appears as paid (kids' only)
2013-01-09: IV Package emailed & DS-260 submitted online (kids only)
2013-01-11: AOS received -notified by email
2013-01-11: IV bill invoiced & paid (for me)
2013-01-14: IV bill appears as paid (for me)
2013-01-14: IV Supporting Docs received for kids - notified by email
2013-01-14: IV Package emailed & DS-260 submitted online (me only)
2013-01-18: IV Supporting Docs received for me - notified by email
2013-01-18: Son#1 CASE COMPLETE - Son#2 checklist - saying $ on I-864 don't match tax return (but they do)-resubmitted
2013-01-23: AOS 2nd submission for Son #2 received - notified by email
2013-01-25: My CASE COMPLETE
2013-01-28: ALL 3 OF OUR CASES ARE NOW COMPLETE
2013-02-06: Packet 4 Received by email

MEDICAL ~ CONSULATE ~ POE REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 160 DAYS NATURALIZATION
2013-02-13: Medicals 2014-12-17: Delivered to California Lockbox 2015-12-15: Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox
2013-03-06: Interview 2014-12-19: 1 I-751 + 3 Biometrics Fees debited from our account 2015-12-16: Fees charged to Credit Card
2013-03-08: Visas in-hand 2014-12-22: Received NOA1 by mail. Receipt Date: 2014-12-17 2015-12-17: NOA
2013-03-12: Paid USCIS Immigrant Fee 2014-12-24: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter 2016-01-02: Biometrics Letter 2016-01-11: Biometrics
2013-03-14: POE 2015-01-06: Biometrics 2016-02-15: In Line for Interview 2016-02-19: Letter
2013-03-25: SSNs arrived 2015-05-27: Approved 2016-03-22: Interview
2013-04-01: Green Cards arrived 2015-06-03: New Green Cards arrived 2016-04-15: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree, look at posts from your specific embassy. I have read from other forums where pictures were on paper and others on photo stock. It appears from most posts, that embassy people only look at a few pictures anyway. On the side, make sure you buy a small hard drive to back up your photos. You can get one cheep at Walmart or Bestbuy. I am professional photographer, and you not believe how many times i get called to reshoot someones wedding because their computer crashed and all pictures were lost. Pictures of special occasions only happen once in life.

Yup that's true, I will do that.. Wow! Am getting a flashdrive 1st thing tomorrow! lol.. Thanks for the suggestions, appreciated!

I would just print them 2 per regular sheet of paper and insert comments on the computer so everythign is nice and neat. I actually arranged all of my evidence using PowerPoint and had 2 per page with comments under each one including who was in the picture and the dates. Good luck with everything!

Sounds great and convenient too! .. Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For my then fiancé' interview I printed about 15-20 pictures at CVS and put them in a "pretty" album (it cost about $5). In the actual packet I included an additional 10-20 that were printed on 8x11 paper in a collage format -- three to four pictures per page with captions (event, date, people in pic, etc).

What ever option you choose make sure that your husband can talk about the picture(s) -- wedding, vacations, family events, etc.

All the best!

Edited by Brownie07

July 2007 We met in Jamaica, WI (Monetgo Bay) through mutual friends
Oct. 2010 Formally Engaged!!!!
Nov 1, 2010 Mailed I-129F to Lewisville, TX (via Fed Ex)
Nov 2, 2010 Fed Ex received by J. Cates
Nov 5, 2010 NOA1 (via email notification) off to Vermont we go!!!!!!
Nov 8, 2010 Touch and Check was cashed!!
Nov 10 2010 Touch and Hard Copy of NOA1 received
Nov 12 2010 Touch
Nov 15 2010 Touch

ROC

Sept 30. 2013 Mailing i-751

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.