dailsy

H1B stamping

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I was wondering if anyone can help me with my current H1B stamping situation.

I have H1B visa stamp on my passport from company A until June 2012 then I changed to company B (didn't leave country so no H1B stamp) and currently have valid I-797 approval notice valid July 2012 through June 2015. I recently got job offer from company C (reputed university) and already have approved I-797 notice valid starting July1, 2013 through June 2015. i.e currently I have 2 valid I 797 approval notices valid through June 2015. One with company B (my current employer which I will be leaving June 30th 2013). one with company C (my future employer starting July 1st 2013).

Under some emergent circumstances I am going to my home country India (Hyderabad consulate) for stamping. I am still with company B now, my start date with company C is July1st. I will be going for visa interview in May, and plan to come back and work for current employer for 1 month and then move to future company C from July 1st.

My questions are

1) When I go for visa stamping, should I go for stamping with current employer company B ( as after I come back from India I still have to work for few days with company B) or

2) Should I wait until June,2013 and then go for stamping with company C I-797 and enter US 10 days prior to my start date of July 1st, 2013

3) Will the visa officer know about my new I797 approval from company C if I don't mention anything during the interview and just go on my current employer paperwork?

4) Please suggest me if it is legal to just get current employer company B H1 visa stamped and not show at all company C papers and return back work for Company B until June 30th and then continue with company C from July 1st.

Please help me!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I could make an informed guess, have you considered asking the Lawyer handling your case?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.