JODi * DOUG

How long?. . . . .

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Heyy Everyone =)

So my fiances interview was on April 16th and he was approved and I was just wondering what others experiences were like from Brazil on the amount of time it takes to receive the passport with the visa and all that stuff.

We asked one of the employees at the embassy and he estimated around last Friday it should be completed and mailed out by Monday and we should possibly receive it on Wednesday (tomorrow), but we haven't received an email confirmation with the tracking number like Sedex said they would once they send out for delivery.

I sent an email to the embassy today asking if they knew around when he should receive it, I'm just waiting to hear back from them.

I know it hasn't been THAT long but were extremely anxious for him to receive it so we can book our tickets ASAP especially since the closer it gets to the date we want to leave ticket prices will only go up :wacko:

Also if any one has any advice on where to purchase tickets at a great price Ill really appreciate it :)

I was just curious, if i happen to go with a US place to buy tickets for us will it make a difference? Or if i had someone else put it on their credit card does it matter?

Whenever i traveled to Brazil someone would purchase on their card but my name on the itinerary and tickets and had no issue, I just don't know if its different for my fiance since hes coming from Brazil on a K1 visa

I would love to hear any advice from anyone, thank you guys so much!! :)

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WITH YOUR PROCESSES!! =D

Edited by JODi * DOUG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My dad bought tickets through Travelocity using a US. credit card. No problem with his name on the bill. He just put the correct name in the passenger section. I think he just emailed the itinerary for use at the airport and to a obtain the boarding pass. I rhink it took about a week for the visa to arrive. I don't remember a sedex number, but that might be new.

event.png

Timeline

Thank so much for the reply =)

I'll look into Travelocity as well, i haven't been on that website yet. I guess it should be fine then if it the tickets were purchased in the US as long as the right information is on the tickets. If I'm not mistaken i think the shipping part of the visa used to be done in the embassy? but now they have people go to Sedex right next to the embassy and set everything up with them and then bring the paper from Sedex back to the embassy once it is paid for. So now were waiting on the tracking number email from Sedex, they said they send it to us once they receive the visa and everything to be shipped.

Timeline

Thank so much for the reply =)

I'll look into Travelocity as well, i haven't been on that website yet. I guess it should be fine then if it the tickets were purchased in the US as long as the right information is on the tickets. If I'm not mistaken i think the shipping part of the visa used to be done in the embassy? but now they have people go to Sedex right next to the embassy and set everything up with them and then bring the paper from Sedex back to the embassy once it is paid for. So now were waiting on the tracking number email from Sedex, they said they send it to us once they receive the visa and everything to be shipped.

Let us know how long it ends up taking to get there!! Thank You!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Also if any one has any advice on where to purchase tickets at a great price Ill really appreciate it :)

I was just curious, if i happen to go with a US place to buy tickets for us will it make a difference? Or if i had someone else put it on their credit card does it matter?

Whenever i traveled to Brazil someone would purchase on their card but my name on the itinerary and tickets and had no issue, I just don't know if its different for my fiance since hes coming from Brazil on a K1 visa

I use cheapair.com, cheapoair.com, orbitz.com, skyscanner.com and jetsetz.com, whichever one is cheapest depends very much on the date and flight you are looking for.

I recently bought my fiancee a intra-Europe ticket so we could meet in a third country while we wait and there were no issues at all buying the ticket from the US. The only concern would be to make sure that the name on the reservation matches the name on the passport exactly.

Timeline

Let us know how long it ends up taking to get there!! Thank You!!!

I will definitely let you guys know when it comes in. I received an email reply from the embassy saying the visa was approved and issued on April 19 (Friday). My fiance called Sedex today and they said they haven't received anything from the embassy yet. The waiting is driving me crazii! I emailed the embassy back asking if they had actual gave the stuff to Sedex yet, lets hope any day now we will receive something and I get reply early tomorrow to calm my mind down and where this stuff is lol. Ill keep you posted =)

Timeline

I use cheapair.com, cheapoair.com, orbitz.com, skyscanner.com and jetsetz.com, whichever one is cheapest depends very much on the date and flight you are looking for.

I recently bought my fiancee a intra-Europe ticket so we could meet in a third country while we wait and there were no issues at all buying the ticket from the US. The only concern would be to make sure that the name on the reservation matches the name on the passport exactly.

-Thank so much for those websites, i havnt even heard of some of them lol. Ill look into them tonight and see how the prices are. Thanks so much for the reply! =)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.