lostinblue

OBAMA THROWS A FIT

357 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
The NRA doesn't have near the power and clout of the 40,000,000 non-member gun owning HOUSEHOLDS. Those are the people who spoke and the people who want to expand unenforced laws may be a majority but they are not a 60-40 majority and certainly won't get this through the house anyway.

Live with that, stop complaining about it, and figure out a way to control criminals - not the constitutionally protected tools they use to commit the crimes.

Most of those 40,000,000 households supports universal background checks. And those will come. The minority of Senators can ignore 90% of Americans for awhile but there are going to be consequences to that. It'll take time but it'll happen. I'm not worried.

Most of those 40,000,000 households supports universal background checks. And those will come. The minority of Senators can ignore 90% of Americans for awhile but there are going to be consequences to that. It'll take time but it'll happen. I'm not worried.

That's what y'all say every few years since the 70's and we keep expanding people's freedom of self-defense. Hell even Washington DC, the democratic powerhouse, is open to gun ownership then we nailed Illinois the President's home state. I'm a lot less worried than you are. You really showed us didn't you? :rofl: 90% my a$$. You don't know the first thing about what gun-owning households support or don't support.

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

90% my a$$.

Here, you're #######. Handed to you.

• Washington Post-ABC News poll, April 11-14, 2013: "Would you support or oppose a law requiring background checks on people buying guns at gun shows or online?" Support: 86 percent. Oppose: 13 percent.

• CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll, April 5-7, 2013: "Some proposals would require a background check on anyone attempting to purchase a gun in order to determine whether the prospective buyer has been convicted of a felony or has a mental health problem. Please tell me whether you would favor or oppose a background check for a prospective gun buyer under each of the following circumstances. ... If the buyer is trying to purchase a gun at a gun show." Favor: 83 percent. Oppose: 17 percent.

"If the buyer is trying to purchase a gun from another person who is not a gun dealer but owns one or more guns and wants to sell one of them." Favor: 70 percent. Oppose: 29 percent.

"If the buyer is purchasing a gun from a family member or receiving it as a gift." Favor: 54 percent. Oppose: 45 percent.

"Please tell me whether you would favor or oppose a background check for anyone who wants to buy ammunition for a gun." Favor: 55 percent. Oppose: 44 percent.

• Quinnipiac University poll, March 26-April 1, 2013. "Do you support or oppose requiring background checks for all gun buyers?" Support: 91 percent. Oppose: 8 percent.

• CBS News poll, March 20-24, 2013. "Would you favor or oppose background checks on all potential gun buyers?" Favor: 90 percent. Oppose: 8 percent.

i don't get it.

Oh, I thought you were actually going to present some data on the level or lack of support that households with guns show for universal background checks. Seemed to me that you wanted to dispute that most of these households support that. But I guess you are all hat no cattle like on that other claim in the other thread that you can't back up either.

I love how in the same breath gun nuts rejoice over their great victory, gloat pathetically to be more precise, they follow up with how demonstrably unsure of themselves they are by pointing out rising gun sales.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Oh, I thought you were actually going to present some data on the level or lack of support that households with guns show for universal background checks. Seemed to me that you wanted to dispute that most of these households support that. But I guess you are all hat no cattle like on that other claim in the other thread that you can't back up either.

Liberal logic: It's more important to hand you your ####### in the polls than to hand you your ####### in the congress and the courts

I love liberal logic.

Unfortunately, you didn't actually hand me anything. Because it's exactly the way it was before the poll.

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

I love how in the same breath gun nuts rejoice over their great victory, gloat pathetically to be more precise, they follow up with how demonstrably unsure of themselves they are by pointing out rising gun sales.

I love how in the same breath libs boast about the big crackdowns resulting from background checks then follow up by not prosecuting anyone

i don't get it.

Liberal logic: It's more important to hand you your ####### in the polls than to hand you your ####### in the congress and the courts

I love liberal logic.

Unfortunately, you didn't actually hand me anything. Because it's exactly the way it was before the poll.

Again, a short sentence would have sufficed. You're talking out of your ####### and cannot back up a single claim you make. That's all you gotta say. Really.

Again, a short sentence would have sufficed. You're talking out of your ####### and cannot back up a single claim you make. That's all you gotta say. Really.

The only claim in this thread is that Obama and his supporters are throwing fits because they lost. Which you demonstrate nicely with your tantrums.

There is no win or lose here. You lost. Again, live with it.

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

The only claim in this thread is that Obama and his supporters are throwing fits because they lost. Which you demonstrate nicely with your tantrums.

There is no win or lose here. You lost. Again, live with it.

Did ya get yer little feelings hurt? Sorry.

Oh, and if there's no win or lose, then how can I lose?

Did ya get yer little feelings hurt? Sorry.

Oh, and if there's no win or lose, then how can I lose?

Point: You already lost. In congress. In the courts. Anything (from you) beyond that is just noise. I'm hearing :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=7125&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=tempers-flare-may-issue-went-down-hard

OH just to slap you around a little more the "may issue" law in Illinois went down in flames in favor of a "shall issue" state concealed carry permit law.

Where's the public outrage? Can't we find some outrage in the President's home state? :rofl:

Edited by himher

i don't get it.