rubyred1979

Adjustment of Status i-693 Concerns

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey,

My husband and I are working on our I-485 Adjustment of Status package and have become stuck on the i-693. He had his medical examination in Australia 5 months ago and the only vaccine required was for the flu. The DS-3025 was filled out however he never received a copy (I think it is in the yellow envelope that comes with the Visa? This was surrendered to immigration at POE) How do we go about doing the vaccination information on the i-693 for our i-485 or is it not required as they already have his medical examination and vaccination information? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not a K-1 process, moved to adjustment of status forums.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok so you have to find a civil surgeon in your area and schedual an appointment. If you can convince one of them to just fill out the 1st and last page of the I-693 they you will be good submitt that to immigration with your package.

If noone will fill out the 1st and last page you have to redo the whole exam and then submitt the papers with your package.

I would hghly recommend to subbmit this 1st and last page of the I-693 or the whole new exam with your AOS package otherwise you will be waiting for you RFE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The issue with the civil surgeon and just filing out the first and last page is as fallows. They check a few boxes on this 1st page that says the medcial exam was cleared and everything was good. Some do not like to do this because they never did the exam they only completed the last page (vaccination sheet). Your only hope would be to contact the original doctor who did the exam which for me was next to immposible and have him forward the records if he still has them. Although there are civil surgeons out there that will do just the 1st and last page if you call around.

Hey,

My husband and I are working on our I-485 Adjustment of Status package and have become stuck on the i-693. He had his medical examination in Australia 5 months ago and the only vaccine required was for the flu. The DS-3025 was filled out however he never received a copy (I think it is in the yellow envelope that comes with the Visa? This was surrendered to immigration at POE) How do we go about doing the vaccination information on the i-693 for our i-485 or is it not required as they already have his medical examination and vaccination information? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Where did you do your medical in Australia? Could you possibly contact them and ask them to send you a copy of the DS-3025? Dr Waks did my Medical in Sydney and he was great and really helpful, he gave me a copy of the DS-3025 on the day of the Medical, as well as including one for the Embassy. Hopefully getting another one from your Dr is an option if they still have a copy of it. Good Luck!

Timeline

Where did you do your medical in Australia? Could you possibly contact them and ask them to send you a copy of the DS-3025? Dr Waks did my Medical in Sydney and he was great and really helpful, he gave me a copy of the DS-3025 on the day of the Medical, as well as including one for the Embassy. Hopefully getting another one from your Dr is an option if they still have a copy of it. Good Luck!

We put an email in to his doctor requesting a copy, we are just concerned now with how long it will take to get it as his I-94 expires May 12th. The USCIS people aren't very helpful on the phone but I think we would have to schedule an appointment to extend his stay if it comes to that.

event.png

We put an email in to his doctor requesting a copy, we are just concerned now with how long it will take to get it as his I-94 expires May 12th. The USCIS people aren't very helpful on the phone but I think we would have to schedule an appointment to extend his stay if it comes to that.

Don't worry about the expiration of the I-94. You are required to get married within 90 days of your arrival to the USA ie before the I-94 expires. You are not required to adjust status before the expiration of your I-94. It is best to submit your AOS paperwork as soon as possible, but some people don't do it for months. It is best to get the AOS started before your medical is 12 months old though, as this would require you to re do the medical here. I arrived 12/30/2012. Got married 03/12/2013 and sent off the AOS paperwork first week of April....my I-94 expired on 03/29/2013. One thing I would do now, if you haven't already, is apply for your SSN, as this needs to be done at least 2 weeks before your I- 94 expires. I was able to go down to my SS office and apply in person, I received my card just a few days after that. If you don't do it before your I-94 expires, you will be unable to apply for one until you get your GC as until then you are considered out of status and not eligible for a SSN. You don't need to apply to extend his stay....you have plenty of time :)

Hopefully your Dr will be happy to send you the DS-3025, I'm not positive, but I am guessing that USCIS may want an original one. If the Dr sends it from Australia, post is usually around 9-10 days.

Timeline

Don't worry about the expiration of the I-94. You are required to get married within 90 days of your arrival to the USA ie before the I-94 expires. You are not required to adjust status before the expiration of your I-94. It is best to submit your AOS paperwork as soon as possible, but some people don't do it for months. It is best to get the AOS started before your medical is 12 months old though, as this would require you to re do the medical here. I arrived 12/30/2012. Got married 03/12/2013 and sent off the AOS paperwork first week of April....my I-94 expired on 03/29/2013. One thing I would do now, if you haven't already, is apply for your SSN, as this needs to be done at least 2 weeks before your I- 94 expires. I was able to go down to my SS office and apply in person, I received my card just a few days after that. If you don't do it before your I-94 expires, you will be unable to apply for one until you get your GC as until then you are considered out of status and not eligible for a SSN. You don't need to apply to extend his stay....you have plenty of time :)

Hopefully your Dr will be happy to send you the DS-3025, I'm not positive, but I am guessing that USCIS may want an original one. If the Dr sends it from Australia, post is usually around 9-10 days.

Sorry just to cut into the subject now that you mentioned the SS card..... you were already married when you applied? did they give you any hassels?

USCIS

03/31/2012: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

04/03/2012: I-129F recieved and sent to VSC

04/06/2012: NOA1 text/email.

04/09/2012: Touched.

04/12/2012: NOA1 hardcopy.

09/06/2012: Service request placed- They advised I should hear something by 9/21

09/17/2012: Received letter from USCIS just to be told i'm within' normal processing time bleh.

10/03/2012: NOA2 text received - Best part is it's our 2nd year anniversary!! Great Gift! :)

Sydney Consulate

10/21/2012: Packet 3 Received

11/30/2012: Sent packet 3

12/27/2012: Received packet 4 Interview date :)

01/22/2013: Medical completed

02/05/2013: Interview date status: APPROVED 306 Days!!

02/22/2013: Visa in Hand

02/24/2013: POE- Dallas, TX- then connecting flight home!

Total Time it took to complete our K1 process- 10 months and 3 weeks!!! INSANE! (325 days)

Sorry just to cut into the subject now that you mentioned the SS card..... you were already married when you applied? did they give you any hassels?

Yep, I went in and applied for my SSN on the 11th of March, got married on the 12th and received my SS card in the mail on the 14th of March, just a few days later. Some people apply for theirs after they marry in case they change their name. I have kept my maiden name so that didn't matter to me.

No worries jumping in, good luck on your AOS :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.