tun2usa

B2 Visa

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

so Im applying for a tourist visa to the US. I'm a college student in my 2nd year (I still have one year to graduate).

My question is If i want to apply at the end of May (since I want to travel in june), I will take my current student papers. However, these papers represent only this year's evidence that Im student and they do not prove that I will be studying next year. When I apply in may I will still be studying but only for a month since holidays start in June.

In your opinion, should I apply now with the current student paper or should I wait until July/August when I can do my next year's registration and then apply?

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is not a major factor, why do you want to visit the US, why do you have to go home?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Hi Thank you,

I will visit my fiancé & his family. We were first planning to go for K-1 and the whole immigration thing but then we decided to delay that until sometime next January or February so by the time our K-1 is approved (6-7 months), I would be finished school, degree in hand and ready to go. However, January is still so Far so we decided that I would go for a 3 weeks visit to visit them but also explore the US.

My visa will be sponsored fully by my parents but my fiancé's mother who lives alone will send me a letter of invitation to say that I'll be staying at her place. I will be honest with the embassy and tell them the story as it is and hopefully they'll grant me a visa.

If you are wondering why my fiancé wont visit me instead. He did and now he started a new job so he can't ask for a holiday anytime soon especially during the summer because they have a big project that needs to be done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Go for it, you only have the fee at risk.

K1's are nearer a year currently.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

It's better if you wait for your registration/enrollment on your last school year so you have a firm evidence that you're coming back and you need to show some large amount too. Well my brother just had a tourist visa application last March but he was denied due to the following reasons: 1. The consul said, he was too young to travel to US but he's 26 years old and been to Malta twice and just got home from Kuwait. 2. He don't have his own family especially kids. 3. He is not enrolled as well. Even though he has P500,000.00 in his account and some assets too. Just want to tell you about my brothers experience., everyone will undergo different situation. If it's really for you, then you can have it. Just try your luck! Good luck! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.