cornwallloz

Booking the medical

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We got our NOA2 this week - I want this next stage to move quickly as we have an apartment to move into in June.

Soooooo can I book the medical as soon as I have our case number from NVC or do I need to wait for the packet to arrive in London before I book?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We got our NOA2 this week - I want this next stage to move quickly as we have an apartment to move into in June.

Soooooo can I book the medical as soon as I have our case number from NVC or do I need to wait for the packet to arrive in London before I book?

I don't advise u to book the medical till they sent u the letter of interview date, that after u fill in package 3 n send it back to them , u never know what gonna happen with package 3 response from the US embassy

Timeline

I don't advise u to book the medical till they sent u the letter of interview date, that after u fill in package 3 n send it back to them , u never know what gonna happen with package 3 response from the US embassy

I was asking for specific advice for London - which is why I posted in the UK forum - i see youre interviewing in egypt. I'm pretty sure London do not issue an interview date until they have the results of the medical - so I can't jut wait for an interview date as it will not come on its own

Do you have your police certificate and immunizations? You can book, but don't attend the medical without those. Also London may get your file from NVC 4 days after it's sent, but that doesn't mean they've taken it out of the box and logged it in. Best to have your file set up and your application forms in before your medical results arrive. Have you read this list of things to get done? http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Do you have your police certificate and immunizations? You can book, but don't attend the medical without those. Also London may get your file from NVC 4 days after it's sent, but that doesn't mean they've taken it out of the box and logged it in. Best to have your file set up and your application forms in before your medical results arrive. Have you read this list of things to get done? http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

Yep - I have all my documents together, all my immunisations and all my forms are filled out and ready to go. My fiancé will be putting his financial info in the post to me this week. I've had your list printed and in with my notes since about November! :) it's been invaluable!

Yep - I have all my documents together, all my immunisations and all my forms are filled out and ready to go. My fiancé will be putting his financial info in the post to me this week. I've had your list printed and in with my notes since about November! :) it's been invaluable!

Then get your LND number from NVC. Find out when the case left there. Choose a medical date about two weeks from then. Meanwhile call DOS and ask if London has logged your file. When they say yes, mail the application forms that day with a recorded delivery. You don't need the letter in hand, but knowing from DOS that your file is logged is the better plan that sending forms today and attending the medical on Monday.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Then get your LND number from NVC. Find out when the case left there. Choose a medical date about two weeks from then. Meanwhile call DOS and ask if London has logged your file. When they say yes, mail the application forms that day with a recorded delivery. You don't need the letter in hand, but knowing from DOS that your file is logged is the better plan that sending forms today and attending the medical on Monday.

Ok - Thankyou again for the response. I shall try to get all my timings right!

I booked my medical as soon as I got my case number (so that I could get it done and out of the way) I had my medical mid March and we just got our case complete April 11th and now awaiting our interview date so you don't need to wait for anything before you book it. :)

06/07/08 .. Met while working through Camp America programme in Maryland.

06/02/12 .. Got Married in Inverness, Scotland.

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

12/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Baltimore)

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

02/11/13 .. NVC receives case

02/28/13 .. Case number assigned

03/01/13 .. DS-3032 Emailed

03/04/13 .. DS-3032 Accepted

03/04/13 .. AOS bill paid

03/08/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/06/13 .. IV Package Mailed

03/09/13 .. AOS Package Mailed

03/27/13 .. AOS packet accepted

04/11/13 .. IV packet accepted

04/11/13 .. Case Complete

I booked my medical as soon as I got my case number (so that I could get it done and out of the way) I had my medical mid March and we just got our case complete April 11th and now awaiting our interview date so you don't need to wait for anything before you book it. :)

The reason to wait is, what if you get to the interview and they have misplaced your medical results because they were there before London knows a thing about you, your case, or what you are applying for. It should be fine, but they have a sequence of receiving things to make their process run smoother.

Yay for getting through the NVC. Not too much longer.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

How do you get hold of someone at DOS? I can't figure out how to get to an operator and not even sure I have the right number... :/

DOS ? I know it's an acronym for disc operating system but thus far this one has eluded me on my visa journey (sic)

And yes I know it will be blindingly obvious :-)

Richard

event.png

event.png

DOS ? I know it's an acronym for disc operating system but thus far this one has eluded me on my visa journey (sic)

And yes I know it will be blindingly obvious :-)

Department of State.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

How do you get hold of someone at DOS? I can't figure out how to get to an operator and not even sure I have the right number... :/

DOS 202-663-1225 press 1, then 0

Hey Marmite person--

It's the Dept of State because you got handed off from the USCIS when the file got to NVC. You are done with USCIS (for now). DOS number knows everything London has in their computers about you....if the file is logged...the medical received...the interview date....the visa printed. Useful number for this part of the journey. Consider getting it tattooed on your arm. :)

You will start over with USCIS to do Adjustment of Status. It really is a new process so expect to repeat and re-document things you think they should already know about you. They don't. It's a clean slate. New people, new departments.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.