Clynn

Turkey Police Report

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am not sure where to post my question, but I am in the NVC stage. I sent my AOS and IV packets separately but on the same day, March 30, 2013. They were both delivered April 1, 2013. The operator said they still have not looked at my AOS.

I have been calling NVC everyday since the day they received it on April 1. Today, they finally gave me an update about my IV packet. They said they were going to send a checklist soon saying an issue with my husband's police report from Turkey. I called multiple times and they would not tell me the exact problem, one agent acted as if the whole police report was missing and the other agent acted as if he got the police report from the wrong place.

But, I know I put his police report at the end of our packet, I even wrote it on the table of contents. And, I also know it is the correct police report. As stated on "travel.state.gov" website, it says, "Police certificates from Turkey are known as "ARSIV KAYITLI ADLI SICIL KAYDI". It is mandatory that they come with the archive records." The police report my husband sent in has these exact words on them including the part about archived records. My husband obtained his police report from a relatively new office called "Anadolu Adalet Sarayi," which if you look at Turkey's Ministry of Justice website "justice.gov.tr" lists the many court houses in Turkey, the Anadolu office is listed as "Kartal," because it is actually located in Kartal. This Anadolu office was the closest to where my husband lives, the one in Kadikoy closed down and he was told to go there. I would hate to have my husband go back there (which is not even that close) to receive the same exact paper again and pay another $100 Turkish Lira to mail 1 paper to the U.S.A.

I even read other forums about this like, visajourney .com /forums/topic/254928-turkish-police-report-please-help/ (can't post links in forums)

And the picture she posted looks exactly like my husband's except his also says "yukarıda kimlik bilgileri bulunan kişinin adli sicil kaydı yoktur” and “yukarıda kimlik bilgileri bulunan kişinin adli sicil arşiv kaydı yoktu" (about not having any archive records either.)

The other difference is that in the top right hand corner it says Istanbul, Anadolu instead of Ankara. But they can't expect my husband to go all the way to Ankara for 1 paper.

My husband doesn't even have any criminal background or police records, which is the worst part. We are held up on something that there should not be a problem with. I made multiple copies of his police report, we also attached a certified translation and apostille with it.

What should we do? I sent them an email trying to explain everything since they didn't let me on the phone. They said it would take 15 business to review it again, but how will I know if the problem is fixed or not? I don't want to wait more than I have to.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am not sure where to post my question, but I am in the NVC stage. I sent my AOS and IV packets separately but on the same day, March 30, 2013. They were both delivered April 1, 2013. The operator said they still have not looked at my AOS.

I have been calling NVC everyday since the day they received it on April 1. Today, they finally gave me an update about my IV packet. They said they were going to send a checklist soon saying an issue with my husband's police report from Turkey. I called multiple times and they would not tell me the exact problem, one agent acted as if the whole police report was missing and the other agent acted as if he got the police report from the wrong place.

But, I know I put his police report at the end of our packet, I even wrote it on the table of contents. And, I also know it is the correct police report. As stated on "travel.state.gov" website, it says, "Police certificates from Turkey are known as "ARSIV KAYITLI ADLI SICIL KAYDI". It is mandatory that they come with the archive records." The police report my husband sent in has these exact words on them including the part about archived records. My husband obtained his police report from a relatively new office called "Anadolu Adalet Sarayi," which if you look at Turkey's Ministry of Justice website "justice.gov.tr" lists the many court houses in Turkey, the Anadolu office is listed as "Kartal," because it is actually located in Kartal. This Anadolu office was the closest to where my husband lives, the one in Kadikoy closed down and he was told to go there. I would hate to have my husband go back there (which is not even that close) to receive the same exact paper again and pay another $100 Turkish Lira to mail 1 paper to the U.S.A.

I even read other forums about this like, visajourney .com /forums/topic/254928-turkish-police-report-please-help/ (can't post links in forums)

And the picture she posted looks exactly like my husband's except his also says "yukarıda kimlik bilgileri bulunan kişinin adli sicil kaydı yoktur” and “yukarıda kimlik bilgileri bulunan kişinin adli sicil arşiv kaydı yoktu" (about not having any archive records either.)

The other difference is that in the top right hand corner it says Istanbul, Anadolu instead of Ankara. But they can't expect my husband to go all the way to Ankara for 1 paper.

My husband doesn't even have any criminal background or police records, which is the worst part. We are held up on something that there should not be a problem with. I made multiple copies of his police report, we also attached a certified translation and apostille with it.

What should we do? I sent them an email trying to explain everything since they didn't let me on the phone. They said it would take 15 business to review it again, but how will I know if the problem is fixed or not? I don't want to wait more than I have to.

try to send an email with supervisor review and give it a week to hear a reply . good luck

02/06/2010 - Married!!!

USCIS:
01/14/2013 - I-130 Sent
01/17/2013 - NOA1
02/20/2013 - NOA2

NVC:
03/11/2013 - Received
03/25/2013 - Case # ,INN #
03/25/2013 - DS-3032 Sent
03/27/2013 - DS-3032 Accepted
03/27/2013 - AOS Invoiced & Paid
03/29/2013 - AOS Appears as PAID
03/28/2013 - IV Invoiced & Paid
03/30/2013 - IV Appears as PAID
03/30/2013 - AOS & IV Sent
04/02/2013 - AOS & IV Received
04/15/2013 - AOS Accepted
04/22/2013 - IV Accepted ( Was in system since 04/15 but was not reviewed !!!!!)
04/22/2013 - Case Complete

04/29/2013 - Case Complete email
04/29/2013 - Interview Assigned

05/06/2013 - Shipped to Embassy

Post-NVC:
05/09/2013 - Embassy received
05/12/2013 - Medical
06/04/2013 - Interview - EGYPT (Approved)

06/06/2013 - Visa in hand
xx/xx/2013 - POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I too have the same problem with the Audtralian Federal Police even after submitting two applications via post and email not even a receipt fo received wondering if any other Aussie have had the same problem

Timeline

I just sent in another email this time with the subject "Supervisor Review." I will wait and see what kind of answer they give me. I explained to them everything.

But, I have no idea what exactly is the issue with his police report, everyone I ask from Turkey has a similar, if not the same looking police report and they haven't had any problems.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi! First off, to send a paper from turkey, my fiance sends it for 2 lira! not sure why its 100 lira for you! :o

And secondly I would really advise you to just wait for the checklist or RFE. If im reading this right then they r gonna send you an RFE soon saying what the problem is.

Right now you can be freakin out and doing all this and it could be for something completely surprising that u didnt even notice before. Did you send it with an english translation?

There is nothing u can do now, they wont tell you or let you fix it until you get the RFE, and wait til you get that to see what its about! :) keep us posted!

September 5th, 2010: Met
July 26th 2012: Engaged
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I-129F Sent: December 14th, 2012
December 18th 2012: I-129f received at dallas po box
DECEMBER 20th: NOA1 (only found out once hardcopy came in the mail)
December 21st, 2012: Check cashed
Dec 27, 2012: Fiances alien registration number was changed. Proven.
December 29th 2012: Received Noa1 Hard-copy(no txt or email was sent)
Jan. 10th 2013: Happy birthday to my Sweety, first birthday apart in years!
January 15 2013: "mailing adress was changed" (touched?)
May-20-2013 NOA2!!! Exactly 5 months!
May-23-2013 Noa2 hard copy recieved!
June-05-2013 Called NVC, casre recieved, forwared to Ankara

June-10-2013-Ankara revieved packet! *signed by MEHMET* THANKS MEHMET!

June-10-2013-Recieve NVC letter
June-13-2013 Email(Packet) recieved from embassy!!
00-00-2013 Sent packet back to embassy
00-00-13 Interview date set (00-00-13 INTERVIEW,)
00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Interview(...........!)
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
00-00-13 AOS packet sent out
event.png event.png <p>

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi! First off, to send a paper from turkey, my fiance sends it for 2 lira! not sure why its 100 lira for you! :o

And secondly I would really advise you to just wait for the checklist or RFE. If im reading this right then they r gonna send you an RFE soon saying what the problem is.

Right now you can be freakin out and doing all this and it could be for something completely surprising that u didnt even notice before. Did you send it with an english translation?

There is nothing u can do now, they wont tell you or let you fix it until you get the RFE, and wait til you get that to see what its about! :) keep us posted!

It's 100 to ship 2 days. You're right if you send it normal mail its almost nothing.

USCIS - 66 days ROC - 139 days from sent to approved
12/3/2012 - I-130 delivered to Chicago 5/20/15: mailed I-751 package to California office
12/4/2012 - NOA1 NBC (Missouri Service Center MSC) 5/22/15: Date on NOA1
12/6/2012 - Check cashed 8/26/15: Bio appointment

12/8/2012 - Received paper NOA1 10/06/15: Received Email card was being processed
12/20/2012 - Case number showed up on USCIS website
1/29/2013 - Called USCIS and case is still at NBC
2/8/2013 - Received an Email that we were approved on 2/7/13
3/5/2013 - Told file may have been "misplaced" to email NOA2 to NCVresearch
3/7/2013 - ISO at the USCIS opened a service request to try to track down
if and when the file was shipped. Should hear something before 3/26 ( so she said)

NVC - 119 days NVC to Visa in hand
03/11/2013: NVC received (31 days from NOA2 at USCIS till received at NVC )
03/25/2013: NVC Case no. assigned
03/27/2013: Paid AOS fee (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: AOS Sent
03/27/2013: Received IV Bill
03/27/2013: Paid IV Bill (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: Sent IV Packet
04/02/2013:IV Packet Delivered
04/16/2013: Case Complete (37 days from received to case complete)
04/16/2013: Received Case Complete Email

05/13/2013: NVC status "In Transit"

051/20/2013: NVC status "Ready"
06/24/2013: Interview date - Orange card... wanted copy of USC passport

07/08/2013: Visa received in the mail

08/03/2013: POE

1XJBm5.png

Timeline

Yea I know, but after waiting 8 months for NOA2, I'm ready to get through NVC asap.

I read from LiCheng's NVC shortcut guide that its good to call everyday to learn any updates on your case and to catch a RFE as soon as it pops up. The operator will verify that you have an incoming RFE and if you have one, you can start taking steps to resending evidence.

Today I called again and the operator told me I am going to receive a checklist for my husbands police report. She acted like it was never even in the packet, but I told her it is the very last page of his packet (hoping they didn't lose it.) She then said they put my case under review again and it will take 10-15 business days. I asked her if I could I send a copy of the police report since the original was sent in the packet and she said I can.

I sent the original police report, a certified translation and an apostille all in the IV packet.

So pretty soon, I will resend copies of all of these to them.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Yea I know, but after waiting 8 months for NOA2, I'm ready to get through NVC asap.

I read from LiCheng's NVC shortcut guide that its good to call everyday to learn any updates on your case and to catch a RFE as soon as it pops up. The operator will verify that you have an incoming RFE and if you have one, you can start taking steps to resending evidence.

Today I called again and the operator told me I am going to receive a checklist for my husbands police report. She acted like it was never even in the packet, but I told her it is the very last page of his packet (hoping they didn't lose it.) She then said they put my case under review again and it will take 10-15 business days. I asked her if I could I send a copy of the police report since the original was sent in the packet and she said I can.

I sent the original police report, a certified translation and an apostille all in the IV packet.

So pretty soon, I will resend copies of all of these to them.

Well hopefully it wont take that long and they will find it.

USCIS - 66 days ROC - 139 days from sent to approved
12/3/2012 - I-130 delivered to Chicago 5/20/15: mailed I-751 package to California office
12/4/2012 - NOA1 NBC (Missouri Service Center MSC) 5/22/15: Date on NOA1
12/6/2012 - Check cashed 8/26/15: Bio appointment

12/8/2012 - Received paper NOA1 10/06/15: Received Email card was being processed
12/20/2012 - Case number showed up on USCIS website
1/29/2013 - Called USCIS and case is still at NBC
2/8/2013 - Received an Email that we were approved on 2/7/13
3/5/2013 - Told file may have been "misplaced" to email NOA2 to NCVresearch
3/7/2013 - ISO at the USCIS opened a service request to try to track down
if and when the file was shipped. Should hear something before 3/26 ( so she said)

NVC - 119 days NVC to Visa in hand
03/11/2013: NVC received (31 days from NOA2 at USCIS till received at NVC )
03/25/2013: NVC Case no. assigned
03/27/2013: Paid AOS fee (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: AOS Sent
03/27/2013: Received IV Bill
03/27/2013: Paid IV Bill (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: Sent IV Packet
04/02/2013:IV Packet Delivered
04/16/2013: Case Complete (37 days from received to case complete)
04/16/2013: Received Case Complete Email

05/13/2013: NVC status "In Transit"

051/20/2013: NVC status "Ready"
06/24/2013: Interview date - Orange card... wanted copy of USC passport

07/08/2013: Visa received in the mail

08/03/2013: POE

1XJBm5.png

Timeline

I just received the checklist in my email.

It said I was missing the Affidavit of Support and my husband's police certificate.

I mailed in my Affidavit of Support packet and IV packet separately but on the same day of March 30, 2013 to the same address but with different “attentions” and my tracking numbers said they were both delivered April 1 at 9am.

I believe the checklist for the missing AOS is false and the NVC has yet to review my AOS.

I also believe they misplaced my husband's police certificate, it was at the very end of the packet and I highly doubt we did something wrong.

And the checklist does not give any details to what is wrong, it just acts like it is missing from the whole packet.

This is what they wrote about the police report in the checklist; (says same things as their website, same as what I already know and same as what we did)

TURKEY: Available. A Turkish Criminal Record is available and the quality of the document is high.

The document can be obtained in 2 or 3 days by applicants. It is available both to Turkish Citizens and

other nationals, whether they are living in Turkey or residing abroad.

In Turkey, the applicant can obtain the document by visiting one of the 167 Criminal Records offices of

the Ministry of Justice. The official there will do a computerized records check on the national system.

To request the document from abroad, the applicant can write to Turkish Republic Ministry of Justice

General Directory of Criminal Records Central Office in Ankara (address: Turkiye Cumhuriyeti, Adalet

Bakanligi, Adli Sicil Genel Mudurlugu, Tuna Caddesi No. 10, Ankara), providing all identifying

information and including international postage.

If a criminal record is needed in a language other than Turkish, the local Office of Criminal Records

must request the information from the Turkish Republic Ministry of Justice General Directory of

Criminal Records Central Office in Ankara (address above), which may take a few days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.