westmeetseast

AOS Interview! date but question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

We just received our interview date for AOS today. The interview is in one month. I am looking at the immigration timelines and I see that almost everyone who has an interview receives a decision the same day but it doesn't say what the decision is. I know every case is different but is there an overall average acceptance that you are aware of? We turned in our paperwork mid February so everything has gone pretty quickly, 3 months from mailing the I-485 until interview date.

The 2 biggest concerns are:

1--we haven't received AP or EAD yet. We were waiting for the EAD before applying for a social security card as the application suggests and we were waiting for the social to have a bank account together...will this be a problem?

2--the I-693 has 2 injections that are not complete because not enough time passed until the next injection was due. My wife had an initial injection and then a followup but came to America as required by the k-1 before finishing the series. will this be a problem?

Since we just found out we are having a baby, would that be a positive development for this process?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wouldn't worry too much. We just had our interview, and they didn't actually look at a single piece of evidence we brought. So bring what you can, they could ask for it. Do you have any bills in both your names? Is she on your health care, etc? Lease, anything? They didn't ask to see ours, but they could have. Photos, etc. Just bring any evidence you have. It does seem that on the Removal of Contingencies is when they really want to see all the 'co-finances' and all that.

My wife also has 1 injection that the civil surgeon marked needs to be done in a year. So no, it won't be a problem, as long as she is caught up to date 'for now', that's all the expect.

We had our interview, and the person told us basically that we were approved, but that he just needed a bit more time to enter it into the computer, he wanted to glance through the file one more time. I was hoping the website would be updated later that day, but it's now three days later, and it's still not updated to say 'accepted', so now I'm a bit worried that maybe some piece of paperwork is missing and maybe we'll get a letter requesting something further. Or hopefully he's just a bit behind in entering it all into the system.

As for a percentage, I would think it's fairly high. From what we experienced in our interview, if your relationship is real, you have absolutely nothing to fear. The whole thing took about 15 minutes, they asked questions that were very easy if you really knew each other.

Having a baby could certainly help, you'd need a DNA test of some kind I suppose to prove that it's both of yours, but again, I wouldn't worry too much. I know it's incredibly stressful, but they aren't out to deny real couples.

Timeline

I wouldn't worry too much. We just had our interview, and they didn't actually look at a single piece of evidence we brought. So bring what you can, they could ask for it. Do you have any bills in both your names? Is she on your health care, etc? Lease, anything? They didn't ask to see ours, but they could have. Photos, etc. Just bring any evidence you have. It does seem that on the Removal of Contingencies is when they really want to see all the 'co-finances' and all that.

My wife also has 1 injection that the civil surgeon marked needs to be done in a year. So no, it won't be a problem, as long as she is caught up to date 'for now', that's all the expect.

We had our interview, and the person told us basically that we were approved, but that he just needed a bit more time to enter it into the computer, he wanted to glance through the file one more time. I was hoping the website would be updated later that day, but it's now three days later, and it's still not updated to say 'accepted', so now I'm a bit worried that maybe some piece of paperwork is missing and maybe we'll get a letter requesting something further. Or hopefully he's just a bit behind in entering it all into the system.

As for a percentage, I would think it's fairly high. From what we experienced in our interview, if your relationship is real, you have absolutely nothing to fear. The whole thing took about 15 minutes, they asked questions that were very easy if you really knew each other.

Having a baby could certainly help, you'd need a DNA test of some kind I suppose to prove that it's both of yours, but again, I wouldn't worry too much. I know it's incredibly stressful, but they aren't out to deny real couples.

Thank you and congratulations on your interview and good luck. You mention that you look on the website for information, where are you looking? I did not know that was possible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

On the letter you got informing you of your interview, there is a number, a receipt number. If you go to www.uscis.gov, you can enter that under 'track my status' and see the progress. Right now yours will say 'Interview stage' or something like that. Theoretically, once it's approved, that will change, and then you can see also when the card has been issued to be produced.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

We just received our interview date for AOS today. The interview is in one month. I am looking at the immigration timelines and I see that almost everyone who has an interview receives a decision the same day but it doesn't say what the decision is. I know every case is different but is there an overall average acceptance that you are aware of? We turned in our paperwork mid February so everything has gone pretty quickly, 3 months from mailing the I-485 until interview date.

The 2 biggest concerns are:

1--we haven't received AP or EAD yet. We were waiting for the EAD before applying for a social security card as the application suggests and we were waiting for the social to have a bank account together...will this be a problem?

2--the I-693 has 2 injections that are not complete because not enough time passed until the next injection was due. My wife had an initial injection and then a followup but came to America as required by the k-1 before finishing the series. will this be a problem?

Since we just found out we are having a baby, would that be a positive development for this process?

You will have no serious problem with the interview. If there is any problem they will tell you right there what to do. You would submit whatever they may ask for; they will finish the case and your green card will be issued.

This means you may not have to worry about the EAD. Use the green card to get the social along with her B cert when she applies.

Be aware that she can get her follow up shots at your local county health department. I got 3 for 23 bucks instead of 300 dollars. They never asked about this subject but if they do just know what you need to do later.

Having a baby certainly indicates you are a couple.

The interview is about USCIS needing to do the follow up on the case. They check all the docs again from a list. They ask you simple questions that are designed to understand how you see yourselves as a couple. You will find this to be much easier than you may think.

Make sure the address on file is correct. And that her name is inside the mail box because it all comes in her name.

Timeline

On the letter you got informing you of your interview, there is a number, a receipt number. If you go to www.uscis.gov, you can enter that under 'track my status' and see the progress. Right now yours will say 'Interview stage' or something like that. Theoretically, once it's approved, that will change, and then you can see also when the card has been issued to be produced.

We filed the EAD and AP at the same time and received an NOA notice but when I enter those receipt numbers there is zero information, is that normal? I think the biometrics appointment was for both the AOS and EAD but there has been nothing regarding AP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.