oraia

Colombian Police Certificate - Pasado Judicial

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi everyone. Hola a todos.

I have a quick question about my husbands police certificate. I have read on this forum that many police certificates from colombia simply say "sin antecedentes" however my husband's says "no tiene asuntos pendientes con las autoridades judiciales" - which later states "aplica para todas aquelas personas no registran antecendentes y para quienes la autoridad judicial competente haya decretado la extinción de la condena o la prescripción de la pena."

Tengo pregunta sobre el pasado judicial para mi esposo. Leí por este sitio que los pasados judicales de colombia simplemente dicen "sin antecendentes" pero el de mi esposo dice "no tiene asuntos pendientes con las autoridades judiciales" y después "aplica para todas aquelas personas no registran antecendentes y para quienes la autoridad judicial competente haya decretado la extinción de la condena o la prescripción de la pena."

I'm confused as to whether this certificate is good on its own or whether we have to provide a police record. My husband claims to have never had problems with the law.

Estoy confundida si este certificado está bien solo o si necesito proveer más información. Mi esposo dice que nunca ha tenido problemas con la ley.

The government website pertaining to country specific documents says that "Any applicant who has a police record that states "Actualmente no es requirido por autoridad judicial alguna" (in English, "currently not wanted by any judicial authority") must bring their complete court records, along with an English translation, to the embassy on the day of their interview. Applicants who fail to bring these court records and the English translation will be required to return to the embassy for a second interview."

It doesn't say anything about his particularly status, so I figure we're fine, but I just want some peace of mind.

Any thoughts? Alguien tiene algunos pensamientos?

Edited by oraia

heart.gif Married in Chile to Colombian Citizen: Sept 21, 2012 heart.gif

USCIS (46 Days):

02/08/2013 - NOA1 Received

03/26/2013 - NOA2 Received

NVC (57 Days):

04/08/2013 - Case arrived at NVC

04/11/2013 - Case # and IIN assigned

04/14/2013 - E-mailed DS-3032

04/14/2013 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID BILL

04/16/2013 - AOS bill appears as PAID

04/24/2013 - DS-3032 Accepted

04/25/2013 - IV bill invoiced

04/26/2013 - PAID IV BILL

04/30/2013 - AOS Package sent
 & IV Package sent
 from abroad

05/02/2012 - IV bill appears as PAID

05/06/2013 - UPS tracking states package arrived at NVC

05/15/2013 - Packages reviewed, received checklist over the phone, requested supervisor review for IV packet, spoke to supervisor regarding AOS

05/17/2013 - Received email that proof of foreign income was located and AOS routed for review

05/29/2013 - Supervisor review of AOS complete, determined documents still missing, sent AOS checklist overnight

05/30/2013 - AOS checklist response delivered, informed that IV packet supervisor review did not occur and was no longer pending, spoke with supervisor who is going to check on the situation and acknowledged seeing original marriage certificate, recommended I write supervisor Sue for expedite, expedite email sent - claiming NVC error

05/31/2013 - Received email that expedite request is processing

06/03/2013 - Expedite approved

06/04/2013 - Case sent to embassy Santiago, Chile YAYYY!!!!!

SANTIAGO CONSULATE:

06/09/2013 - Case Arrives at Consulate

06/14/2013 – Interview scheduled

06/19/2013 – Interview

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify. The certificate is the one you downloaded from the online site, right? No need for a stamp or anything?

This is all you need from Colombia. My wife had the same certificate, I thought it looed like a joke but that really is all you need.

heart.gif Married in Chile to Colombian Citizen: Sept 21, 2012 heart.gif

USCIS (46 Days):

02/08/2013 - NOA1 Received

03/26/2013 - NOA2 Received

NVC (57 Days):

04/08/2013 - Case arrived at NVC

04/11/2013 - Case # and IIN assigned

04/14/2013 - E-mailed DS-3032

04/14/2013 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID BILL

04/16/2013 - AOS bill appears as PAID

04/24/2013 - DS-3032 Accepted

04/25/2013 - IV bill invoiced

04/26/2013 - PAID IV BILL

04/30/2013 - AOS Package sent
 & IV Package sent
 from abroad

05/02/2012 - IV bill appears as PAID

05/06/2013 - UPS tracking states package arrived at NVC

05/15/2013 - Packages reviewed, received checklist over the phone, requested supervisor review for IV packet, spoke to supervisor regarding AOS

05/17/2013 - Received email that proof of foreign income was located and AOS routed for review

05/29/2013 - Supervisor review of AOS complete, determined documents still missing, sent AOS checklist overnight

05/30/2013 - AOS checklist response delivered, informed that IV packet supervisor review did not occur and was no longer pending, spoke with supervisor who is going to check on the situation and acknowledged seeing original marriage certificate, recommended I write supervisor Sue for expedite, expedite email sent - claiming NVC error

05/31/2013 - Received email that expedite request is processing

06/03/2013 - Expedite approved

06/04/2013 - Case sent to embassy Santiago, Chile YAYYY!!!!!

SANTIAGO CONSULATE:

06/09/2013 - Case Arrives at Consulate

06/14/2013 – Interview scheduled

06/19/2013 – Interview

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

can you please share the website where my wife needs to go to print out the police certificate

Hola,

We had the same question and it seems you just have to go to: https://antecedentes.policia.gov.co:7005/WebJudicial/index.xhtml and just print out the resulting page.

Good luck!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.