6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Interview for my wife's green card couldn't have gone much smoother. Arrived in San Francisco early, only waited about 15 minutes past our interview. The couple before us seemed to get a fairly grumpy guy. Our interviewer came out, had a smile on his face, which immediately put us at ease.

About the only time I was sweating was explaining that my job had me working a lot in LA at the moment (I'm from San Francisco), so he had lots of questions about how long I've been staying in LA, what my wife has been doing since I'm gone a lot, etc. I think for a moment he might have suspected I was living there or something, so about 5 minutes was spent trying to explain the crazy nature of my job. Then just some routine things.

How much evidence did he ask for? Not ONE THING! No pictures, no bills, nothing. I finally asked if he wanted anything, and he said he can go ahead and put some things in the file for the ROC adjustment later. So we added a tax return, some bills and bank statements just because we had them.

He didn't even want to see a single one of our cute pictures! :)

Very nice guy though, and what a relief. He basically said we were accepted, he just had to quickly glance through the file one more time before the end of the day just to make sure nothing was missing, but that everything looked great with the application.

Amazing, so much stress, and then, smooth as ice.

So happy!

Congrats!!!

We had our interview there this morning by a very nice lady. Great experience overall. Good to hear another success interview. :thumbs:

2010 Sept 4: 1st Visit

2011 March 27: 2nd Visit

2011 Sept 9: 3rd Visit - Proposed!!!

2011 December 9: NOA1

2011 December 13: Touched

2012 March 3: 4th Visit

2012 May 7: NOA2 (150 days since NOA1)

2012 May 8: Touched

2012 May 21: NVC Arrived

2012 May 23: NVC Left to US Saigon Consulate

2012 May 23: Rec'd NVC Letter in the Mail

2012 June 6: Rec'd Pk 3

2012 June 13: US Saigon Consulate Rec'd Pk 3

2012 July 14: Packet 4 Arrived

2012 August 31: Interview Day

2012 October 16: Arrived to the U.S.

2012 October 19: Got Married!

AOS

2013 January 22: Filed AOS I-485/EAD/AP.

2013 January 29: NOA1

2013 January 30: Check Cashed.

2013 February 28: (Walk-in on February 7) Biometrics Appt.

2013 April 3: AOS interview.

2013 March 21: EAD and AP Approved.

2013 April 3: Interview - Approved!

2013 April 8: Green Card in production.

Okvpm7.png

event.png

Timeline

What time was your interview? Wonder if we saw you there! We were there from about 10:00 to 10:30 in section D. We saw one other couple (hispanic) and maybe a couple that was caucasian that had a lawyer there.

Anyway, congrats to you too!

What time was your interview? Wonder if we saw you there! We were there from about 10:00 to 10:30 in section D. We saw one other couple (hispanic) and maybe a couple that was caucasian that had a lawyer there.

Anyway, congrats to you too!

Our interview was scheduled at 10:10am and waited at section B on the 2nd floor. I only noticed sections A,B and C at the waiting area. Section D might be on other side?!

Again, congrats!

2010 Sept 4: 1st Visit

2011 March 27: 2nd Visit

2011 Sept 9: 3rd Visit - Proposed!!!

2011 December 9: NOA1

2011 December 13: Touched

2012 March 3: 4th Visit

2012 May 7: NOA2 (150 days since NOA1)

2012 May 8: Touched

2012 May 21: NVC Arrived

2012 May 23: NVC Left to US Saigon Consulate

2012 May 23: Rec'd NVC Letter in the Mail

2012 June 6: Rec'd Pk 3

2012 June 13: US Saigon Consulate Rec'd Pk 3

2012 July 14: Packet 4 Arrived

2012 August 31: Interview Day

2012 October 16: Arrived to the U.S.

2012 October 19: Got Married!

AOS

2013 January 22: Filed AOS I-485/EAD/AP.

2013 January 29: NOA1

2013 January 30: Check Cashed.

2013 February 28: (Walk-in on February 7) Biometrics Appt.

2013 April 3: AOS interview.

2013 March 21: EAD and AP Approved.

2013 April 3: Interview - Approved!

2013 April 8: Green Card in production.

Okvpm7.png

event.png

Timeline

Our interview was scheduled at 10:10am and waited at section B on the 2nd floor. I only noticed sections A,B and C at the waiting area. Section D might be on other side?!

Again, congrats!

Ah, yes, we were in section D which was on the left side. I'm still reserving too much excitement until the USCIS website is updated. He did tell us we were approved. But he also said he had to just make one more quick look through the file.

Not sure how quickly the USCIS website will update, if it will be instantly, once he puts the approval through.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.