norman

sponser question

5 posts in this topic

i am a scotsman begining this bewildering prosses to be with my loved one.

one question id like to ask is,

can the sponser be a diffrent person from whom i want to marry, my best friend is willing to sponser me as my fiancee is pregnat and doesnt work.

the rest looks relitivly easy if time consuming so any help with this will be welcomed by me

Yes only remember that the I-134 is only one thing they look at. They will also look at other things to ascertain if you will become a public charge. How are you both intending to support yourselves with your fiance not working and you having to wait for EAD?

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Yes. you may have someone other than your finace sponsor you, as it's obvious she isn't able to. Hope this helps.

And to add to that... Is your best friend a Scot or a USC? It is my understanding that the 'cosponsor' as this case would be, needs to be a USC.

4/03/05..... Met on Clearwater Beach at the Hostel, Love at First Sight! :)

5/23/05..... Sean leaves me to continue his trip around the world :(

7/06/05..... Sean comes back bcoz we miss each other tooo much :)))

8/23/05..... Sean goes home for good this time :(

9/23/05..... Talking every day, deciding that we can't live apart

10/28/05..... Sara proposes! :)

3/11//06..... Filed I-129 with Texas after much hunting and gathering of evidence :)

3/18/06...... NOA1

6/23/06...... RFE sent from Cal. Center (IMBRA STUFF)

6/23/06...... Sean arrives in Tampa! Staying till September! :) :) :)

7/03/06.......RFE arrives at my house :(

7/06/06...... RFE sent back to California. Now, NOA2 PLEASE! :)

7/13/06..... Touched :)

7/17/06..... Received email stating 'RFE' info rec'd. Should have answer soon. Yeah, right. :(

7/18/06..... TOUCHED AGAIN - JUST SEND MY DAMN NOA2 PUH-LEEEZE!

8/22/06..... After much discussion and tears and anguish, we end our relationship

8/23/06..... NOA2... Great timing, Feds. Kiss my a$$.

*New Chapter*

9/30/06..... Packet 3 arrives at Sean's parents in London

10/02/06... Sends paperwork back with necessary contents

10/17/06... Notice for further evidence arrives in mail

10/19/06... Evidence gathered, returned to embassy

10/25/05... Notice for medical appointment

11/06/06... Medical Appointment

12/05/06... Notice arrives, interview date 12/21/06

yep hes a usc, he is a very close freind of us both and she stays with him and his family

as to supporting myself i was under the impresion that i could work as soon as i arrive on the k1, although ido realise i need to apply for othere things and its only for the initail 90 days.

on top of that i have some funds availible to contribute to the household ill be staying in.

thanx for the replies

Filed: Timeline

digbeezgrl,

No, the sponsor does not necessarily need to be a USC. An LPR can also sponsor an alien. (And whether USC or LPR, the sponsor must be residing in the USA.)

Nor will the sponsor necessarily be a co-sponsor. (If there's only one sponsor, the friend, there's no 'co' involved.)

Yodrak

Yes. you may have someone other than your finace sponsor you, as it's obvious she isn't able to. Hope this helps.

And to add to that... Is your best friend a Scot or a USC? It is my understanding that the 'cosponsor' as this case would be, needs to be a USC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.