sunflower123

I am confused! JUAREZ (mx) -Biometrics ASC

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

HI!

I just got my interview scheduled for May at Ciudad Juarez YAY!!

My husband and I were so happy, until today I called in to set up an appointment for my fingerprints and biometrics. I scheduled my appointment online to get it done at Mexico City's ASC, and I had a little question, so I gave them a call.

A lady assisted me to solve my question told me that my interview date DOESN'T APPEAR in the system yet ...WHAT?:unsure:

She told me to call back in next weeks to verify the appointment at the Consulate in Juarez . I explained to her that I got a letter from NVC and she just told me: If you're following the instructions, then it's Okay.

She asked me what date NVC assigned to my case for interview, and I told her that it's on may, then she said: So. how come you want to do it now? you interview it's on may!

I asked if is there any problem about doing it too early, and she gave me the SAME answer: If you're following the instructions, then it's Okay.

At the end, she was not very helpful .....I am thinking of re-scheduling and getting a date at ASC for late April.

Does anybody know if I MUST do the biometrics just a few days beforfe the interview?.:help::help:

Any advices???

I appreciate your help in advance!!

THANK YOU!

ArXsm6.png

Wedding: April 19th 2012

USCIS (226 days)

NOA1: June 4th 2012

NOA2: January 16th 2013 (226 days after NOA1)

NOA2 hardcopy: January 19th 2013

NVC

Case received 01/21/2013

Case number,IIN and Beneficiary ID 02/05/2013

Case complete 03/20/2013

Medical exam 05/09/2013

Interview 05/13/2013-APPROVED

Received passport with visa 05/16/2013
POE 05/22/2013

ROC

I-751 sent 02/27/2015

NOA 03/03/2015
Biometrics 04/10/2015

Approval: 09/17/2015

GC in mail: 09/26/2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

HI!

My husband and I were so happy, until today I called in to set up an appointment for my fingerprints and biometrics. I scheduled my appointment online to get it done at Mexico City's ASC, and I had a little question, so I gave them a call.

A lady assisted me to solve my question told me that my interview date DOESN'T APPEAR in the system yet ...WHAT?:unsure:

She told me to call back in next weeks to verify the appointment at the Consulate in Juarez . I explained to her that I got a letter from NVC and she just told me: If you're following the instructions, then it's Okay.

She asked me what date NVC assigned to my case for interview, and I told her that it's on may, then she said: So. how come you want to do it now? you interview it's on may!

I asked if is there any problem about doing it too early, and she gave me the SAME answer: If you're following the instructions, then it's Okay.

At the end, she was not very helpful .....I am thinking of re-scheduling and getting a date at ASC for late April.

Does anybody know if I MUST do the biometrics just a few days beforfe the interview?.:help::help:

Any advices???

THANK YOU!

Hi,

What I did was call the Embassy and they made the appointment for me because I was having trouble with the online system. Before you can make the appointments you have to register on the website given in the instructions packet you receive: http://usvisa-info.com. Once you register on that site and have submitted the DS 260 and made the interview payment your appointments should appear. Also if the embassy assists you with the interview appointment you should receive a confirmation email. If you have already done all of this and received the letter confirming your interview date you may go to the ASC appointment. You need the confirmation letter to be able to go to the ASC and medical exam. What I would do is either call the embassy, or call the contacts on the website that can help walk you through the process. Either way you have to be registered on the site, according to the embassy, before any interview or ASC appointments appear in their system. You can do the ASC up to two days before your interview, so worse comes to worse if there was a problem with scheduling the appointment you can always reschedule it and attend the ASC in Juarez a few days before your interview. That is was my Fiancé is doing, since they're located next to the Embassy. Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to contact with any other questions. Best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

HI!

Any advices???

THANK YOU!

Who scheduled your appointment? The NVC or you?

Have you filled out the online form DS-260? Have you made the payment?

If you have, maybe you should give it a couple of days.

My fiance scheduled his on Febuary 14, he made the payment that day and the DS-260 form was submitted. He scheduled

his appointment for March 14, it appeared in the system pretty quickly so I'm not sure why it's wacko with you.

If you're having trouble with the online tool, maybe you should contact the Embassy, I'm sure they can help make your

appointment.

My fiance did his biometrics a week before his interview (at the ASC in Mexico City), he didn't have a problem. They

were somewhat rude to him, especially the guard at the door but inside everything went smoothly.

Good luck to you :star:

K1 PROCESS

183.gif I-129F Sent - 05/29/2012

183.gif NOA1 - 06/01/2012

183.gif NOA 2 - 12/06/2012 Approved!

No RFE's

183.gif Received by NVC - 12/10/2012

183.gif Received by Consulate - 01/04/2013

183.gif Received instructions - 01/09/2013

183.gif Scheduled interview / paid MRV fee - 02/14/2013

183.gif Interview Date - 03/14/2013 Approved!!

183.gifVisa in hand - 3/25/2013

183.gifPOE : Laredo, TX - July 2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

HI!

Thank you both for your responses!

Umm, maybe the K1 process is a little different from the CR-1 (spouse visa), hehe well, I apologize if I didn't provide more info about my process with NVC

Yes I have already filed my DS-260 and it was already reviewed, my case was complete on March 20th. My husband called NVC and they said that all the info was reviewed and my case was on the waiting list for an interview appointment at Ciudad Juarez Consulate.

NVC scheduled the interview for me, on March 29th we got the date over the phone and a couple of hours later we got the email with the interview date assigned.

The online tool worked smoothly to set the ASC appointment, it was just this lady over the phone who created doubts on my head, when she said that my interview date was not in the system....anyway to be safe I rescheduled my appointment for ASC (or CAS in Mexico city) for April 29th, in that way it will be closer to my interview appointment, and yes I think I will call Juarez Consulate to double check that they have the date scheduled for me.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR TIME!! I appreciate that you replied my question!!

Muchas Gracias :D

ArXsm6.png

Wedding: April 19th 2012

USCIS (226 days)

NOA1: June 4th 2012

NOA2: January 16th 2013 (226 days after NOA1)

NOA2 hardcopy: January 19th 2013

NVC

Case received 01/21/2013

Case number,IIN and Beneficiary ID 02/05/2013

Case complete 03/20/2013

Medical exam 05/09/2013

Interview 05/13/2013-APPROVED

Received passport with visa 05/16/2013
POE 05/22/2013

ROC

I-751 sent 02/27/2015

NOA 03/03/2015
Biometrics 04/10/2015

Approval: 09/17/2015

GC in mail: 09/26/2015

Timeline

I see! Good thing everything worked out! :thumbs:

Buena suerte!

K1 PROCESS

183.gif I-129F Sent - 05/29/2012

183.gif NOA1 - 06/01/2012

183.gif NOA 2 - 12/06/2012 Approved!

No RFE's

183.gif Received by NVC - 12/10/2012

183.gif Received by Consulate - 01/04/2013

183.gif Received instructions - 01/09/2013

183.gif Scheduled interview / paid MRV fee - 02/14/2013

183.gif Interview Date - 03/14/2013 Approved!!

183.gifVisa in hand - 3/25/2013

183.gifPOE : Laredo, TX - July 2013

You can have your asc appointment the day before your interview in Juarez. The SCS center is next door to the embassy. Everything you need is within a short walking distance to the embassy. I would plan on having your medical exam 2 days before the interview, because sometimes there are delays. The medical is also close to the embassy.

Married in Mexico 2012-06-16

I-130 DCF Sent : 2012-07-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2012-07-10
I-130 Approved 2012-07-11
Consulate Received : 2012-07-17
Packet 4 Received : 2012-08-03

Interview Date : 2012-08-21
Visa Received : 2012-08-23
US Entry : 2012-08-23
Interview took 42 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

I-751 Lifting Conditions
CIS Office : Vermont Service Center
Date Filed : 2014-06-13
NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio appointment ; 2014-07-18

Timeline

You can have your asc appointment the day before your interview in Juarez. The SCS center is next door to the embassy. Everything you need is within a short walking distance to the embassy. I would plan on having your medical exam 2 days before the interview, because sometimes there are delays. The medical is also close to the embassy.

Yes everything is very close my fiancé and I are here at hotel ibis in Juarez just arrived a few hours ago from Tijuana.The clinics are right outside our hotel and the consulit is around the corner.Will post more as I see how things go.Her interview is Thursday and she is going to do the medical Tomorrow morning.

Timeline

Yes everything is very close my fiancé and I are here at hotel ibis in Juarez just arrived a few hours ago from Tijuana.The clinics are right outside our hotel and the consulit is around the corner.Will post more as I see how things go.Her interview is Thursday and she is going to do the medical Tomorrow morning.

I'm glad to hear that cause we're reserved at the hotel Ibis and have the ASC and medical exam on monday and tuesday before my Fiance's interview on thurs. Good luck!!

Timeline

I'm glad to hear that cause we're reserved at the hotel Ibis and have the ASC and medical exam on monday and tuesday before my Fiance's interview on thurs. Good luck!!

Yeah no worries at all you can see both clinics when you exit the lobby of the hotel.It is less then a five minute walk when you exit the hotel and most of that is in the fenced part of the hotel.There is some people on the street during the day but they have a guard at the consulate.No one was bugging us too much in the morning.A few people asked if we needed any help in the afternoon when we were going to eat they were talking about fingerpritnts,clinics and the consulates but we just ignored them so they did not persist growing up in San Diego and visiting Tijuana,Mexico which I have lived in for the last four years it was nothing that would worry me it's typical of some parts of Mexico people trying to make money off anything just ignore anyone trying to help about your visit.

It was pretty cold all day today very windy and we used jackets.Monday was hot and windy felt like into the 90s.We got to the clinic international(which my wife read was better and recommended by the hotel guard out front,I told my fiancé she should talk to her Monday night when we went to get a snack at the extra across the street from the hotel) about 4:40 this morning there were about 7 people in font of my fiancé waiting.By the time 6 hit and they started processing people it was pretty full maybe more then 50 people between men and women at least being processed.I waited in the waiting room with maybe fourty others.They made all the women take off there jewelry so don't waste your time bringing it my fiancé does not ever really use it so that was no problem for her.

My fiancé and I noticed most people were there for residency not k1 visas.She was done a little after 7am.She said the nurse she had was pretty strict with her and the ladies kind of like a pushy police officer or a border agent who talks down to you and is rude almost rude.But she said the other nurses seemed nice as were the guards I saw and the people processing everyone it was just this one person she came in contact with.She said because she has two tattoos and is in her twenties the lady pressured her about drugs a few different times.But she does not have a history with those so no worries she was just asked to take a Urine test.We were thinking about this anyways part of the reason we came two days earlier cause her tattoos and be prepared if It took and extra day for this but it didn't and the results came with the results of the other analysis.

We left went back to the hotel went to sleep and came back a few minutes before two.The clinic was packed with people waiting for there results.They gave her a sealed black envelope a white piece of paper and a disc that looks like a cd.She was advised not too open anything and just give it to the agent at the consulate during her interview.This only took a few minutes.

The price for the exam was 210 us dollars.They accept us dollars,pesos or credit.My personal recommendation is to get there early like us so you can get out of there earlier likes us before five so you can get out of there faster and go rest.Also we noticed lots of people going for results at the other clinic so both were fairly busy.

I noticed you are also doing the ASC or CAS not sure about that as we did ours last Thursday in Tijuana,Mexico.But I heard it is next to the waiting room of the consulate which is just across the street from the clinics around the corner and another five minute walk maybe.

Edited by MikeClaudia

Timeline

Yeah no worries at all you can see both clinics when you exit the lobby of the hotel.It is less then a five minute walk when you exit the hotel and most of that is in the fenced part of the hotel.There is some people on the street during the day but they have a guard at the consulate.No one was bugging us too much in the morning.A few people asked if we needed any help in the afternoon when we were going to eat they were talking about fingerpritnts,clinics and the consulates but we just ignored them so they did not persist growing up in San Diego and visiting Tijuana,Mexico which I have lived in for the last four years it was nothing that would worry me it's typical of some parts of Mexico people trying to make money off anything just ignore anyone trying to help about your visit.

It was pretty cold all day today very windy and we used jackets.Monday was hot and windy felt like into the 90s.We got to the clinic international(which my wife read was better and recommended by the hotel guard out front,I told my fiancé she should talk to her Monday night when we went to get a snack at the extra across the street from the hotel) about 4:40 this morning there were about 7 people in font of my fiancé waiting.By the time 6 hit and they started processing people it was pretty full maybe more then 50 people between men and women at least being processed.I waited in the waiting room with maybe fourty others.They made all the women take off there jewelry so don't waste your time bringing it my fiancé does not ever really use it so that was no problem for her.

My fiancé and I noticed most people were there for residency not k1 visas.She was done a little after 7am.She said the nurse she had was pretty strict with her and the ladies kind of like a pushy police officer or a border agent who talks down to you and is rude almost rude.But she said the other nurses seemed nice as were the guards I saw and the people processing everyone it was just this one person she came in contact with.She said because she has two tattoos and is in her twenties the lady pressured her about drugs a few different times.But she does not have a history with those so no worries she was just asked to take a Urine test.We were thinking about this anyways part of the reason we came two days earlier cause her tattoos and be prepared if It took and extra day for this but it didn't and the results came with the results of the other analysis.

We left went back to the hotel went to sleep and came back a few minutes before two.The clinic was packed with people waiting for there results.They gave her a sealed black envelope a white piece of paper and a disc that looks like a cd.She was advised not too open anything and just give it to the agent at the consulate during her interview.This only took a few minutes.

The price for the exam was 210 us dollars.They accept us dollars,pesos or credit.My personal recommendation is to get there early like us so you can get out of there earlier likes us before five so you can get out of there faster and go rest.Also we noticed lots of people going for results at the other clinic so both were fairly busy.

I noticed you are also doing the ASC or CAS not sure about that as we did ours last Thursday in Tijuana,Mexico.But I heard it is next to the waiting room of the consulate which is just across the street from the clinics around the corner and another five minute walk maybe.

Timeline

Well thanks! We have the ASC appt at 7 am on Monday and then his interview is in the morning on Thursday so we figured or monday morning or tuesday morning we'd go to the doctor. I have a question. I've heard that at the medical and ASC they ask for your passport, DS260 confirmation and the invitation letter. Do they keep them? and is the invitation letter the letter they send in the mail with instructions or is it the interview confirmation they send to you online?

Timeline

My fiancé needed her Mexican Passport and the invitation letter they sent in the mail to check in and get in the gate in the first place so she and myself could enter the building they did not ask to see my passport or drivers license to enter with her.She was then given a number after checking in with some info including hotel and hotel room number which they asked her and a number that corresponded with when she arrived so she got priority over others who arrived later this was clipped to the letter and passport.She was told to take this with her when she underwent the tests in the clinic.They gave both back but you need them again when you pick up the results at two in the afternoon then they return them back.

You can always check with the guard outside the clinic after he gets his fingerprints on Monday to see if anything changes but I think it will be the same as you said your appointment is a month away.Also not sure how the other clinic does this it could be different.

She said the people trying to get residency had an additional letter.

Timeline

In my case, when I went to the clinic they asked my passport, invitation letter and confirmation e-mail.

At the ASC, they asked my passport, invitation letter(that you got in the mail), confirmation e-mail( ASC appointment), and DS-260 confirmation. After taking fingerprints and photos, the employee put a sticker on the DS-260 confirmation and gave me all the documents back.

Timeline

I would bring it with you to erase all doubts.My fiancé asked them when she was checking in if she needed the email confirmation also but the lady helping her asked another lady and she said no and was good to go but she had it with her incase she needed it.Not sure if you went to the same clinic cause one could be different in what they ask fo but I would bring it because your going to have it for your appointment at the consulate,so you will have it with you anyways in Juarez.I would not want to lose my place in line because I had to go back to the hotel to pick it up.

Timeline

I would bring it with you to erase all doubts.My fiancé asked them when she was checking in if she needed the email confirmation also but the lady helping her asked another lady and she said no and was good to go but she had it with her incase she needed it.Not sure if you went to the same clinic cause one could be different in what they ask fo but I would bring it because your going to have it for your appointment at the consulate,so you will have it with you anyways in Juarez.I would not want to lose my place in line because I had to go back to the hotel to pick it up.

Thank you both! I guess we'll just bring everything, and copies of everything lol. Better to be safe than sorry as you said! I only asked because the last thing we got in the mail from the embassy was the instructions letter, and then the email with the confirmation of ASC and interview so I wanted to make sure there was nothing else we hadn't received yet. Never know because nothing arrived to my Fiancé's address, everything arrived to my address in the states. Thanks again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.