lillakatoussa

Interview evidence question

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I'm so excited! My fiancé finally got his interview date after much persistence on my part pestering the embassy to send packet 3 & schedule the interview. YAY for pushy Americans (sorry)!

My question is: The paperwork asks us to list any children he has. We listed our daughter who was born (02/12/13) & resides here in the US with me. The paperwork states to bring the child's birth certificate however, when I went to get it from the recorders office yesterday, they don't have it in their system yet. I obviously need to get all the information he needs for the interview in the mail ASAP. I'll send a copy of the hospital record but does anyone perceive not have the official certificate as a problem? Here in the great State of California the father cannot be listed on the birth certificate without his physical presence so that part will be blank but she does carry his last name.

Thoughts anyone?

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I'm so excited! My fiancé finally got his interview date after much persistence on my part pestering the embassy to send packet 3 & schedule the interview. YAY for pushy Americans (sorry)!

My question is: The paperwork asks us to list any children he has. We listed our daughter who was born (02/12/13) & resides here in the US with me. The paperwork states to bring the child's birth certificate however, when I went to get it from the recorders office yesterday, they don't have it in their system yet. I obviously need to get all the information he needs for the interview in the mail ASAP. I'll send a copy of the hospital record but does anyone perceive not have the official certificate as a problem? Here in the great State of California the father cannot be listed on the birth certificate without his physical presence so that part will be blank but she does carry his last name.

Thoughts anyone?

How soon is the interview ? How soon does the recorders office think it will be in their system ?

If he is asked for it at the interview but doesn't have it yet, he should explain that the birth was just last month and you are still waiting for the official certificate. And he should be able to tell them when it is expected to arrive. If the consulate is really hung up on the issue, they might possibly give him a 221g after the interview which in this case you can consider the equivalent of an RFE, and then you sit and wait until the certificate is available to submit to the consulate. But they may not even ask for it. Of course he should have photos of the baby from the day of birth, any public birth announcements you can show them, cards of congrats addressed to you both, etc.

Good luck !

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

The interview is April 16th & the recorders office is telling me it'll probably take another 2 weeks, which is right about when his interview is. I'll be sure he knows what he needs to tell them if they ask & to include all of your evidenciary suggestions. Thanks for your reply!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

The interview is April 16th & the recorders office is telling me it'll probably take another 2 weeks, which is right about when his interview is. I'll be sure he knows what he needs to tell them if they ask & to include all of your evidenciary suggestions. Thanks for your reply!

congrats on your interview and new baby. My husband and I went through the same thing and he from Tunisia also. I had our son on 11/20 and his was on 11/26. Of course we did not have time to get a birth certificate or send any medical records. I did send ultrasound pics and a letter from my dr stating I was pregnant and when I conceived and was due. My husband said they did not even ask him for any evidence at his interview, or anything paperwork regarding our son. I told him to make he mention though if they ask about if I had kids to tell them of my older kids and our baby. I am sure he will be find with the medical records if you can email those to him. The interview went smooth in Tunisia and he was ask only like five easy questions, was approve and had his visa the next day. I hope this helps. :)

Timeline

Thanks so much for posting. I'm so anxious to get this part of the process over & your words have given me some peace about the interview after reading all of these forums.

Congrats right back to you on your precious baby. How is your husband adjusting here to life in the states?

Timeline

Thanks so much for posting. I'm so anxious to get this part of the process over & your words have given me some peace about the interview after reading all of these forums.

Congrats right back to you on your precious baby. How is your husband adjusting here to life in the states?

I understand that anxious feeling too, having a newborn is stressful enough without having your spouse here and going through this process. My husband been here four months now and he doing great! He got a job right after getting his social security card so with working and helping with the baby we been staying busy. Definitely adjustment with having a baby and loving in a new country,

Timeline

Congrats ladies... We are all blessed. My baby is 11 days old as well. Grateful my husband was here in the U.S. when I gave birth. Both you ladies are amazing.. Enjoying spending time with my son at home. Interview questions will be very simple & good luck..

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh
Meaning: "Peace be unto you and so may the mercy of Allah and His blessings".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Thoughts anyone?

how long did it take for you to get your interview date?

where did you go/who did you contact to pester??? ive been pulling my hair out trying to find somebody to give me answers!! please help!!

event.png
event.png
event.png

event.png

Timeline

Congrats ladies... We are all blessed. My baby is 11 days old as well. Grateful my husband was here in the U.S. when I gave birth. Both you ladies are amazing.. Enjoying spending time with my son at home. Interview questions will be very simple & good luck..

Thank you so much for your kind words & reassurance & congrats on your new little one! I'm so glad your husband was able to be with you & only slighty jealous. ;) getting more anxious the closer the interview dates comes... :unsure:

how long did it take for you to get your interview date?

where did you go/who did you contact to pester??? ive been pulling my hair out trying to find somebody to give me answers!! please help!!

Ugh zoo, it took 3 emails for them to finally answer me. They send an auto reply saying they will respond in 3 days so after they didn't I finally sent a more stern email stating it was my third request & I need the info. They had my petition for a month before they sent us packet three by email. Then after returning the ds230 by email, I had to send another two emails requesting an interview date. The guy who finally responded basically said wait & we'll get to you when we get to you (but nicer), then I received another email that afternoon with the interview date & letter. Fiancé just finished the medical today (just a heads up; he had a 7:30am appointment & it took all day-he had to go 3 places) & said it was easy. Feel free to private message me if you have any more questions or just want to commiserate on this awful process!

Timeline

Thank you so much for your kind words & reassurance & congrats on your new little one! I'm so glad your husband was able to be with you & only slighty jealous. ;) getting more anxious the closer the interview dates comes... :unsure:

Ugh zoo, it took 3 emails for them to finally answer me. They send an auto reply saying they will respond in 3 days so after they didn't I finally sent a more stern email stating it was my third request & I need the info. They had my petition for a month before they sent us packet three by email. Then after returning the ds230 by email, I had to send another two emails requesting an interview date. The guy who finally responded basically said wait & we'll get to you when we get to you (but nicer), then I received another email that afternoon with the interview date & letter. Fiancé just finished the medical today (just a heads up; he had a 7:30am appointment & it took all day-he had to go 3 places) & said it was easy. Feel free to private message me if you have any more questions or just want to commiserate on this awful process!

We had problems with the medical once we had the interview schedule. There only one dr who does them and they told him to come a couple of days before his interview. He call the week before and they were close for the next two weeks! So I had to call the embassy and reschedule his interview to a later date. So I suggest getting the medical ASAP even if they advise you to wait!

Timeline

Yes, Yagoubi is right. They told my fiancé to come the day before his interview! That was cutting it waaaaaay to close.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.