Officer's Fiance

Just had the medical this morning

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I just got back from my medical and all I can say is that those were 2 hrs in my life that I will never get back! Sigh.. :P

There were a million papers to fill out, then went to get blood tests done, (HIV &VDRL) then chest x-ray then back to the office to see the Dr for my apt. Had to strip and slip into one of those lovely paper gowns. She checked, vision, eyes, ears, throat, breast exam, reflexes, made sure I was female (no internal exam), took height and weight. I couldn't find my record of the first series of tetanus so she gave it to me for an extra cost of $10. And that was it! It went well, apart from the fact that I am an impatient person and hate waiting around....

I was there for exactly 2 hrs and it cost me $295 plus $13 parking. UGH. Just the price we have to pay to be with our loved ones!

Good luck to you all going for your medical apt. :P

Tanya

Sean & Tanya

Norfolk, VA & Ottawa, ON

K-1 Journey

August 11, 2006- Sent I-129f ~ Finally!!!

August 12, 2006- I-129f received

August 16, 2006 - N0A1

August 29, 2006 - Touched

Sept 7, 2006 - NOA2 as per USCIS website ~ Approved in 27 days!

Sept 13, 2006- Received N0A2 by mail

Sept 15, 2006- Received letter from NVC dated Sept 13 that case will be sent to Montreal within a week

Oct 2, 2006- Received Packet 3 from MTL!

Oct 11, 2006 - Mailed back Packet 3 to MTL

Oct 19, 2006 - MTL received Packet 3

Nov 15, 2006 - Medical appointment in Ottawa

Dec 22, 2006 - Received Packet #4

Jan 25, 2007 - Interview date @ 14h30

Jan 4th 2007- Phoned MTL Consulate to reschedule interview for late April due to Navy deployment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, that is kind of the response I had after my medical exam as well - what a quick and easy several hundred bucks for the doctor! Well, at least it is over and done with and another step taken on your way to being re-united permanently with your honey.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.