Bennett Family

Thai Court Order of Sole Custody in liu of Statement of Consent from biological parent

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We are waiting for our interview at the embassy; but we have the sole custody papers and the letter the father had to sign at the amphur stating that the other patent has permission to take the child to migrate to the US. These two documents are required according to the us embassy website. Also I heard from a friend that the embassy will also ask for a signed copy of the fathers Thai ID. We got that too just in case.

I know what a lot of you are thinking...why do you need the letter from the father if the mother has sole custody? I asked the same question. After a while, I learned to just accepted as what it is, get them and move on.

Better to have too much documentation than not enough.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<div class="page" title="Page 1">

</div>

</body>

</html>

Timeline

Translation of sole custody judgement and petition

translation of petition and judgement of sole custody

translation of petition and judgement of custody

f

f

f

f

f

f

f

f

post-145434-0-95903300-1373876346_thumb.jpg

post-145434-0-26632400-1373876408_thumb.jpg

post-145434-0-57715400-1373876627_thumb.jpg

post-145434-0-14404100-1373876689_thumb.jpg

Timeline

f

f

f

f

f

Thanks for posting that. Looks like you are good to go.

Timeline

50,000baht, I hope it works

Try to imagine how much something like that would cost here. That's what I do when I have to spend money over there for something. Makes it easier to accept that way. biggrin.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Try to imagine how much something like that would cost here. That's what I do when I have to spend money over there for something. Makes it easier to accept that way. biggrin.png

I know someone that spent 300,000 and never did get anything even close to what Alex has here. Money well spent if it gets the job done.

Timeline

I know someone that spent 300,000 and never did get anything even close to what Alex has here. Money well spent if it gets the job done.

it better get the job done, this is what embassy in bangkok emailed me with. I have what they asked for, the language is clear. Custody fom a real court. I've been doing this 3 years, I'm at about $100,000usd between sending money , legal fees, and travel back and forth. Her interview is tomorrow.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

it better get the job done, this is what embassy in bangkok emailed me with. I have what they asked for, the language is clear. Custody fom a real court. I've been doing this 3 years, I'm at about $100,000usd between sending money , legal fees, and travel back and forth. Her interview is tomorrow.

I cant imagine that there will be a problem with what you have. This will serve as a model of what others can do about this serious aspect of the visa process for children.

I am sure you will let us know how the interview went. We all want this to go well and for you to have what you have worked so hard to get and spent all this money for as well.

Timeline

I cant imagine that there will be a problem with what you have. This will serve as a model of what others can do about this serious aspect of the visa process for children.

I am sure you will let us know how the interview went. We all want this to go well and for you to have what you have worked so hard to get and spent all this money for as well.

paper work supposedly good, wife's passport says born bangkok and her birth certificate says surin, they want her to fix it and send it in and they will send visa. She aill get new passport Friday. We will see...

Timeline

paper work supposedly good, wife's passport says born bangkok and her birth certificate says surin, they want her to fix it and send it in and they will send visa. She aill get new passport Friday. We will see...

Can't believe they're being that picky. It sounds like you're good to go now.

• 3 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi guys... First question as a part of our visa journey. Does my fiance need to have the sole custody form to bring my biological son along with her? My son is Four years old and was born in Thailand. He has a US passport, US birth certificate born abroad and a social security number/card.

From what I understand he needs no visa or additional paperwork to come here. His mom is the one who needs to go through the process.

By the way. She just got her Police check. We have almost everything on the checklist for DS-2001. This is one lingering question about sole custody forms.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.