::Clair&Don::

Anyone Waiting On London Embassy Interview Date (Pack 4)

69 posts in this topic

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

yerpy this is correct i asked the same lol i'll call tomorrow to see if mines been loged least then i can pay for the visa one less thing to do , kinda getting a little excited now think its sinking in the main bit will be over with well one of them x

You read lots of what you need don't need im planning to take copys of everything from start to

finish least then iv not forgotten anything lol

I paid for our Visas yesterday, so they have no doubt that we are taking action after receiving packet/letter 3 :D

Timeline

I paid for our Visas yesterday, so they have no doubt that we are taking action after receiving packet/letter 3 :D

Good luck with it i just cant wait to get it over with now.

Timeline

We are also waiting for an interview date (but only just) ... the Embassy received our forms yesterday the same day as the Medical results.

Just for information it does say on my Packet 3 letter that to revalidate the petition we are required to take a notarised statement from my fiancé of intent to marry within 90 days of arrival in the US and present it on the day of the interview. I am assuming this a must anyway and my OH has done the letter and I have it in my sticky fingers ready to go ... I'd rather have too much than not enough! :D

My fiance restated in his Packet 3 cover letter that he reaffirmed his intention to marry and included brief details about our wedding plans.

All that's left to do now is pay the fee. We were waiting for our interview date before doing that. It never occurred to us to pay the fee before getting the interview date.

Edited by DSP

Timeline

My fiance restated in his Packet 3 cover letter that he reaffirmed his intention to marry and included brief details about our wedding plans.

All that's left to do now is pay the fee. We were waiting for our interview date before doing that. It never occurred to us to pay the fee before getting the interview date.

He will also need a notarised letter of intent from you to present at the interview ... it specifically says that in the packet 3 letter, I'm assuming he will have had the same instructions in his letter.

It doesn't say I (the UK citizen) need to do one, I guess the fact that we've done the Medical, sent in the forms and paid the fee they would realise that, I also put a wedding date in my cover letter ... but you know you've got me thinking now, I wonder if I do need to do one and take it to the interview ... :bonk:

Edited by KLB

Timeline

my fiance sent his DS2001 on Feb 4th. he just received his packet 4 letter, with an interview date of April 18th. our petition was set to expire on April 21st.

I don't understand all this waiting. You wait months for the NOA2 and then months for London to get you an interview date. This whole process is ridiculous.

Hey guys, sorry slightly random question, but if my fiancée calls up NVC and asks for our case number, am I able to book the medical then? before receiving packet 3.

As soon as I had my case number I booked my medical. It was booked before I had packet 3 and took place 2 weeks after I received packet 3. Others on here have said its a good idea to make sure your case has reached the consulate before your medical takes place so that everything ties up but there's nothing to stop you booking it as soon as you have the case number. Hope this helps :)

Timeline

I'll ask him about the notarized letter tonight.... get him to read his letter again. That will be no problem if needed because I'm headed to England next week for my spring break. And I also plan to attend the interview; my presence should speak for itself :)

I'll ask him about the notarized letter tonight.... get him to read his letter again. That will be no problem if needed because I'm headed to England next week for my spring break. And I also plan to attend the interview; my presence should speak for itself :)

My packet 3 letter states that the petition is valid for 4 months and that the notarised letter is needed if you require to revalidate the petition. Am I right in assuming that if your petition does not expire before interview you don't need the notarised letter?

Timeline

My packet 3 letter states that the petition is valid for 4 months and that the notarised letter is needed if you require to revalidate the petition. Am I right in assuming that if your petition does not expire before interview you don't need the notarised letter?

I'm interested in knowing the answer to this question as well. The notarized letter was not on my radar but if it's needed I'll make sure I produce one.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Once I get my case number from NVC..

Could someone direct me to the contact details/relevant information to be able to book the medical with it? Thanks!

Timeline

Once I get my case number from NVC..

Could someone direct me to the contact details/relevant information to be able to book the medical with it? Thanks!

Here's a link with very detailed information:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/iv018a_medical.pdf

Timeline

My Fiancee had his medical interview Feb. 28th. On March 13th he called the embassy to make sure all documents were received. A man shared that his medical information was processed on the 12th of March and that they will send a letter within 2 weeks notifying the interview date. The guy also shared that when the letter arrives, the interview is usually scheduled for 2-4 weeks after (not the "at least a month" like most people have shared). Hopefully that is all accurate and he gets his letter in the next few days! We were hoping to reunite in mid-April. Doesn't look like that will happen.

Also, the guy said that it usually takes 7-10 working days to mail back passport with visa after the interview. Make sure if you book flights before the interview that you factor in the time to get documents back!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.