aijan

simple questions abt DCF ?!!

6 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

plz i have two questions :

- As far as the papers and forms used, are DCF documents similar to K-3 ones??

- is "filling at the consulate" the only difference from K-3?

thanks for your replies

Married: August 2005

Enter USA: July 2007

Removing condition

5/13/09 : sent I-751 package to Vermont Center

check cashed : 5/22//09

NOA1 received : 5/26/09

Biometric Letter dated 5/29/09

Biometric Appointment: 6/25/09

touched: 6/26/09

9/30/09: got an email from USCIS. Production of the card has been ordered.

10/07/09: Got 10 years GC in mail

Apply for citizenship:....

Filed: Timeline

najia,

"DCF documents" is I-130 and it's supporting documentation - DCF means filing one's I-130 directly with a consulate (or, in some cases, an overseas USCIS office) rather than to a USCIS Service Center in the USA. If you submit your I-130 by DCF, it's highly unlikely that your beneficiary will want to, or even be able to, apply for a K3 visa.

(Your beneficiary will be dealing with the US consulate in Morocco? Consult with a US immigration attorney who has experience with that consulate before you go to far.)

Yodrak

Hi everybody,

thanks for your replies

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi everybody,

thanks for your replies

hi najia,

It would be closer to say that the papers for the DCF are closer to what is posted here for "CR-1" immigrant visas. You can look on the website for Casa under "immigrant visas" for the detailed information. Also, I just put a post with our I-130 petition + visa application checklists up in this forum.. you can look at several people's lists to see the common forms that will come up again and again.

It will help other people answer your questions if you add some information in the future.. maybe in your signature file? I remember that your husband is from Morocco and just had his oath ceremony to become a US citizen, and that you are researching all the ways that you two have to be reunited in the Us as soon as possible.

Did you husband or you contact Casa yet to see if he can file with them? You must get their OK before you follow that DCF plan.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

yes, he is a Moroccan living in New Orleans, and he'll take the oath ceremony in the next few weeks. (dual nationality). About me, I am in Casablanca.

as i said, we are gathering information and advice, so as we can we make up our mind about which process we should follow.

i tried to find some US-Moroccan couples in VJ who did the DCF, but i found none :( do you have any suggestion??

here is a quote from the Casablanca consulate's:

""The US Consulate-General in Casablanca petitions ONLY from US Citizens RESIDING in Morocco. A petitioning US Citizen must provide a valid Moroccan residency permit issued by the Moroccan authorities. A valid Moroccan Resident Card is the ONLY document considered proof of residency in Morocco.""

i emailed them (so as to see if they still do the DCF, if my husband Moroccan ID card is accepted to show his residency....), they replied by sending an attached document where they are saying the same thing as the quote !!

we want to be sure that the consulate here accepts DCF, so as he can arrange a break from his work, buy a ticket.... or we just forget about the DCF option, and start with K-3 !!

Hi everybody,

thanks for your replies

hi najia,

It would be closer to say that the papers for the DCF are closer to what is posted here for "CR-1" immigrant visas. You can look on the website for Casa under "immigrant visas" for the detailed information. Also, I just put a post with our I-130 petition + visa application checklists up in this forum.. you can look at several people's lists to see the common forms that will come up again and again.

It will help other people answer your questions if you add some information in the future.. maybe in your signature file? I remember that your husband is from Morocco and just had his oath ceremony to become a US citizen, and that you are researching all the ways that you two have to be reunited in the Us as soon as possible.

Did you husband or you contact Casa yet to see if he can file with them? You must get their OK before you follow that DCF plan.

Married: August 2005

Enter USA: July 2007

Removing condition

5/13/09 : sent I-751 package to Vermont Center

check cashed : 5/22//09

NOA1 received : 5/26/09

Biometric Letter dated 5/29/09

Biometric Appointment: 6/25/09

touched: 6/26/09

9/30/09: got an email from USCIS. Production of the card has been ordered.

10/07/09: Got 10 years GC in mail

Apply for citizenship:....

Im not familair with the process, but i have heard horror stories about marrying and holding residency in Morocco....i would email the consulate with specific questions

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

najia, I am getting confused from your posts.. one time you said your husband had already had the oath.

I really think that *your husband* must be in touch with Casa and he MUST get the OK from them before he makes any plans. I know they are a bit difficult to communicate with, but if you want to DCF, he will have to be firm about getting the answer from them.

Their answer *could* be interpreted as being very clear: Your husband has a residency card so he is eligible to file. But, given the difficulties that people are discussing for the Casa consulate, *I* would want to be more sure than that before going so far.

I have never seen an experience from a Moroccan/US citizen on Vj or the other board I read. You might find more at a message board that is for Moroccans living in the US.

Sorry, I don't have anything else to tell you about it. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.