Mar_Wil

Hong Kong Police Clearance Problem

16 posts in this topic

I would like to add that the reason we decided to use the email letter from NVC to send to the Hong Kong police as opposed to getting a letter from the US Embassy in manila is due to according to the US Embassy website they now require an appointment to obtain entrance to the Embassy. Since I had read and heard of others sending the NVC letter to get their Hong Kong Clearance was successful we thought maybe it might save us a little bit of time to send the NVC letter.

When I got married in 2006 an appointment was not needed to enter the US Embassy in Manila, I just simply showed them my US passport and they allowed my wife (fiance at the time) and myself to go directly inside to obtain my papers to marry, now you need and appointment to do that according to their website.

I had read on the US Embassy website a couple weeks ago or so that they now want even US citizens in the Philippines to schedule appointments through the USCIS website.

But then again who knows what is correct. All we have to go by is official websites, emails, phone conversations with these offices and what worked for others. There have been times I followed instructions (I thought I followed their instructions) from official websites, emails, phone calls and what others stated they did, most have worked for me but some for me (just a few) failed. So to me it seems some things are different from person to person or from time to time and just trial and error on a few things to see what works for you.

Sorry this does not seem to help much, this is just what I have experienced and my views based these experiences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.