rjfg1

Translator for our Interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hello,

We have our interview set for tomorrow and my question is if I (the petitioner) speaks english fluently do I we still need a third person to be the translator for my wife. I would think not, but we had some people tell us that they interview each of us seperately and that she does need a third person to translate for her. Is this right?

I would appreciate your interview experince, my wife is stressing a little about the interview tomorrow.

Thanks!!!

09/15/05 - I129F Mailed Via USPS Express Mail

09/23/05 - NOA1................. Day 1

11/22/05 - Touched!!!.......... Day 60

11/23/05 - NOA2 -(Just glad to get out of the CSC) Day 61

12/11/05 - NVC CASE # (Via Mail, Dated 12/07) Day 88

12/14/05 - According to the DHL's website my package was sent to the embassy in Managua on 11/22/05 & arrived on 11/24/05.

12/14/05 - E-mailed Embassy in Nicaragua - They have received my package and told me that my Interview date is set for February 21st, 2006 (Great News because my Fiancee has not even received her packet 3 the embassy said that she can pick up the paper work including her appointment letter anytime)

02/21/05 - Interview at the embassy in Managua!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Would probably be better to take a translator with you just to make sure that if you are questioned seperatley your wife wont be misunderstood, especially if you have any doubts about her english.

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello,

We have our interview set for tomorrow and my question is if I (the petitioner) speaks english fluently do I we still need a third person to be the translator for my wife. I would think not, but we had some people tell us that they interview each of us seperately and that she does need a third person to translate for her. Is this right?

I would appreciate your interview experince, my wife is stressing a little about the interview tomorrow.

Thanks!!!

Policy seems to vary based on local office... I guess this is too late for you, but maybe someone else can use it!

Intrepreter for AOS interview

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread....&pp=15&

No AOS approval at interview today

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353369&

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Timeline

See also the Adjudicator's Field Manual, Chapter 15, Section 15.7

< http://149.101.23.2/lpbin/lpext.dll/insert...gin-95-redacted >

Yodrak

Hello,

Thanks!!!

Policy seems to vary based on local office... I guess this is too late for you, but maybe someone else can use it!

Intrepreter for AOS interview

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread....&pp=15&

No AOS approval at interview today

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353369&

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We took an interpreter to her AOS but the interviewer specfically asked me "why I couldn't interpret fer her" (my answer was I don't know much Spanish.) In hindsight if she had felt more comforatble with her level of English we wouldn't have taken an interpreter as we didin't need him for any but 2 questions and he didn't translate them well either (he didn't know the Spanish words for biometrics and spy or some word like that.) LOL! Don't worry about it - if it gets too technical most people can't translate well (my translator was a Mexican born but US citizen who speaks both languages fluently - but the technical words - well .. that's another matter.) Good Luck

Edited by motu

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

We had our interview yesterday and we were approved!!!! We did take someone to the interview to be an interpreter just in case I wasn't allowed to translate the question to my wife. But in the end I ended up translating most of the question for her so I'm really not sure if a translator was necessary. Well here is a summary of our interview:

San Francisco, Ca

We live about 40 minutes from San Francisco and our appointment was schedule for 10:00am. Of course we caught heavy traffic....two separate accident really slowed down traffic on our way there. We arrived outside the Immigration office around 9:45 and found a line of about 15-20 waiting to get inside. They have airport type security to get into the building so thats the reason the line was moving so slow. it tooks us about 15 minute to make it through the security checkpoint (oh by the way cell phones with cameras are not allowed inside the building.....we had to check ours in at a printing shop across the street from the Immigration office). We went to the 2nd floor and hand the receptionist our appointment letter, she then told us that we were late for the interview (it was 10:05... we were 5 minutes late...it was not a big deal but I guess she wanted us to know that we had arrived late) and then told us to take a seat. About 15 minutes later are names were called and we headed inside for our interview.

The interview was a piece of cake the officer that was interviewing us ( a female) was really easy going. She ask us for our I.D. She asked how we met, how many time did I go to Nicaragua to visit her (along with the dates), she also asked me to name my wifes parents and siblings. For some reason the officer asked to see proof of my employment status.....I told that I had mailed that informatiotion along with AOS package that I submitted, but since I had brought copies of everything I ended up giving her some recent paycheck stubs and copy of the letter from my employer.

The officer then asked if I had any other documents that I wanted to submit and gave her a copy of my life insurance policy that had my wife as the beneficiary and I also gave our medical insurance paper work. After that she said our case was approved.

09/15/05 - I129F Mailed Via USPS Express Mail

09/23/05 - NOA1................. Day 1

11/22/05 - Touched!!!.......... Day 60

11/23/05 - NOA2 -(Just glad to get out of the CSC) Day 61

12/11/05 - NVC CASE # (Via Mail, Dated 12/07) Day 88

12/14/05 - According to the DHL's website my package was sent to the embassy in Managua on 11/22/05 & arrived on 11/24/05.

12/14/05 - E-mailed Embassy in Nicaragua - They have received my package and told me that my Interview date is set for February 21st, 2006 (Great News because my Fiancee has not even received her packet 3 the embassy said that she can pick up the paper work including her appointment letter anytime)

02/21/05 - Interview at the embassy in Managua!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations. I also felt our interview was quite easy though he did go through all the questions on the form and a few more like dates of births and names of parents etc. The process is quite straight forward but we all tend to stress too much. No more stress :lol: for 2 years. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.