brian@alejandra

more questions

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have read the instuctions from CD JUAREZ's web site, it says an The Affidavit of Support I-864 is not required. it says nothing about form I-134, does this office need an affidavit or do they just look at tax trans, paystubs ect?

also I have read conflicty info about the need for a police record, does my fiance need one if there is not charges or arrest to list?

can someone who has been through Juarez, please tell me their experiance and what they were required to have.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have read the instuctions from CD JUAREZ's web site, it says an The Affidavit of Support I-864 is not required. it says nothing about form I-134, does this office need an affidavit or do they just look at tax trans, paystubs ect?

also I have read conflicty info about the need for a police record, does my fiance need one if there is not charges or arrest to list?

can someone who has been through Juarez, please tell me their experiance and what they were required to have.

You will submit a 134 as part of the P 3 requirements. Check to find exactly what else is required. Good idea to include at least one years tax transcript as well as YTD pay stub. Police report is part of P 3 and is required no matter what the persons background is.

Timeline

I used the I-134, with 3 years of tax transcript, 2 recent pay stubs, an employer letter, bank account info, and property value and they accepted.

It's important to fill out the I-134, they usually and most likely ask for this form and proof so don't skip it.

They didn't ask my fiancé for a police record, he has a clean record but they didn't even ask him if he's ever been convicted.

I'm not sure about this, they say its not required but we went on the safe side and took a police record (clean obviously) just in case they asked for it.

They didn't but it was all good.

Good luck!

Edited by AZRG <3

K1 PROCESS

183.gif I-129F Sent - 05/29/2012

183.gif NOA1 - 06/01/2012

183.gif NOA 2 - 12/06/2012 Approved!

No RFE's

183.gif Received by NVC - 12/10/2012

183.gif Received by Consulate - 01/04/2013

183.gif Received instructions - 01/09/2013

183.gif Scheduled interview / paid MRV fee - 02/14/2013

183.gif Interview Date - 03/14/2013 Approved!!

183.gifVisa in hand - 3/25/2013

183.gifPOE : Laredo, TX - July 2013

Timeline

I used the I-134, with 3 years of tax transcript, 2 recent pay stubs, an employer letter, bank account info, and property value and they accepted.

It's important to fill out the I-134, they usually and most likely ask for this form and proof so don't skip it.

They didn't ask my fiancé for a police record, he has a clean record but they didn't even ask him if he's ever been convicted.

I'm not sure about this, they say its not required but we went on the safe side and took a police record (clean obviously) just in case they asked for it.

They didn't but it was all good.

Good luck!

I plan on 3 years of tax transcipts, my last four pay stubs plus one per month for the year (to show my pay is constant and within the same range every week, i letter from my employer. I dont plan on useing bank info or property value because my payroll this year should be more than enough, I dont want to use my property because it is paid for free and clear, and i dont want to risk it, how ever if needed i will. My personl bank acount would not help, except to prove I have them and have weekly payroll depostits, the cash value of my personal account is very little. Do I need to reconsider any of these? Ill fill out the form and give it to my fiance incase they do ask. And have her get a police record just in case. I dont want any mistakes or delays that I can prevent

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hi, my husband had his K-1 interview in Ciudad Juarez about 1.5 months ago. The police certificate is not required for Mexico unless there's a criminal record. http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9684#docs The I-134 is a required document. Along with it, we had my 2011 tax return, 3 months of pay stubs, recent bank statements, a letter from my employer, and a copy of my work contract. They only asked him for the I-134 and didn't even look at or ask for any of the supporting evidence, but I'd definitely bring it just in case. Good luck!

Edited by embord

Timeline

I plan on 3 years of tax transcipts, my last four pay stubs plus one per month for the year (to show my pay is constant and within the same range every week, i letter from my employer. I dont plan on useing bank info or property value because my payroll this year should be more than enough, I dont want to use my property because it is paid for free and clear, and i dont want to risk it, how ever if needed i will. My personl bank acount would not help, except to prove I have them and have weekly payroll depostits, the cash value of my personal account is very little. Do I need to reconsider any of these? Ill fill out the form and give it to my fiance incase they do ask. And have her get a police record just in case. I dont want any mistakes or delays that I can prevent

Whatever you think works for you as proof. :thumbs:

They say its not required to show a police certificate (which indeed they didn't ask for) BUT same thing they said about vaccines, (Not required for K-1) and they still applied TWO vaccines. (Another total of $2,000 pesos for the vaccines! :angry: ) so I rather be safe than sorry, anything you don't have that they ask for will cause delays, which I doubt you want.

Do what you think is best, we barely had our interview a couple of days ago and this is just our personal experience. We took anything and everything we thought would be useful even though they didn't ask for them at the end.

Wishing you the best.

Edited by AZRG <3

K1 PROCESS

No RFE's

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You will submit a 134 as part of the P 3 requirements. Check to find exactly what else is required. Good idea to include at least one years tax transcript as well as YTD pay stub. Police report is part of P 3 and is required no matter what the persons background is.

Juarez has no packet 3 and police records are NOT required unless you have a criminal background. Remember, not all consulates work the same or require the same documents.

OP> All that said, you should use the I-134. Think of it as a way to organize your financial info. There have been cases in the past where people were specifically asked for their I-134. Just take the form along with all the supporting documents. Also, my husband needed no police records. Police records are listed as not available in Mexico on the travel.state.gov site.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

They say its not required to show a police certificate (which indeed they didn't ask for) BUT same thing they said about vaccines, (Not required for K-1) and they still applied TWO vaccines. (Another total of $2,000 pesos for the vaccines! :angry: ) so I rather be safe than sorry, anything you don't have that they ask for will cause delays, which I doubt you want.

Do what you think is best, we barely had our interview a couple of days ago and this is just our personal experience. We took anything and everything we thought would be useful even though they didn't ask for them at the end.

Wishing you the best.

Really? They are giving vaccinations to K-1 applicants now? Did he get a properly filled out DS-3025 form to send with his AOS so he won't need to find a civil surgeon? This is very interesting news. They have been skipping on the vaccinations and needed DS-3025 fo years. It would be good news if they are actually doing it correctly now.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Wishing you the best.

can you tell us which vaccines they applied? and also did you already have some vaccines that they would have required if you had not already had them?

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Really? They are giving vaccinations to K-1 applicants now? Did he get a properly filled out DS-3025 form to send with his AOS so he won't need to find a civil surgeon? This is very interesting news. They have been skipping on the vaccinations and needed DS-3025 fo years. It would be good news if they are actually doing it correctly now.

Yea! They applied two vaccines, my fiancé said that they were applying vaccines on everybody that day, didn't matter what they were there for.

They didn't fill out the DS-3025, I didn't tell my fiancé to make sure they filled out the form since I thought they weren't going to apply any vaccines. :ranting:

Can you believe it? I guess they just wanted to get money out of our pockets.

K1 PROCESS

No RFE's

Timeline

can you tell us which vaccines they applied? and also did you already have some vaccines that they would have required if you had not already had them?

They applied hepatitis b and I'm not sure which one the other one was.

He checked which vaccines he was missing like two weeks before the interview, he went to his local health center and they applied some he was missing for free, yet they applied two more at the medical exam in Juarez.

K1 PROCESS

No RFE's

Timeline

Yea! They applied two vaccines, my fiancé said that they were applying vaccines on everybody that day, didn't matter what they were there for.

They didn't fill out the DS-3025, I didn't tell my fiancé to make sure they filled out the form since I thought they weren't going to apply any vaccines. :ranting:

Can you believe it? I guess they just wanted to get money out of our pockets.

Wow. It was only for money for sure. They didn't even do the proper needed form and Hep B is not required. So weird and messed up.

Timeline

Wow. It was only for money for sure. They didn't even do the proper needed form and Hep B is not required. So weird and messed up.

Agreed. Oh well, at least we got approved, that's all that matters right now. :D

K1 PROCESS

No RFE's

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.