Sad and Blue

Thai police cert by mail

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I am a Malaysian who needs a police clearance from Thailand as I worked there for 2 years. I am applying for the clearance through postal mail as I now reside in Malaysia. I have read contradictory information and would appreciate if someone can help clear the confusion. Information on their police website says a fee of 100 baht is now charged by the Royal Thai Police but upon clicking on the link, it was broken.

Some info I read said that the police clearance is free. Which is it? :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am a Malaysian who needs a police clearance from Thailand as I worked there for 2 years. I am applying for the clearance through postal mail as I now reside in Malaysia. I have read contradictory information and would appreciate if someone can help clear the confusion. Information on their police website says a fee of 100 baht is now charged by the Royal Thai Police but upon clicking on the link, it was broken.

Some info I read said that the police clearance is free. Which is it? :)

I posted this on Thaivisa:

http://www.thaivisa....lady/?p=6198389

She needs to go to the PSC in Bangkok.

Police Clearance Service Center website: http://pcscenter.sb....th/eservice.php

As of March 2009, about 1 week* to obtain Police Certificate, *if

Applicant has clean record. (Make/Keep Photocopy, in English, No

Translation Needed.)

If you request the police station to mail your certificate, they send it

via Thai Post EMS so you should get it in under a week. However, they

don't send it until the day that you could have come to pick it up.

The Police Clearance Service Center:

Building 24, Royal Thai Police,

Rama I, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330

Phone : 0-2205-2168-9

Fax: 0-2205-1295

E-mail : pcscenter@royalthaipolice.go.th

ETA: Unfortunately, I don't see a cost listed there.

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Timeline

Karee, Thank you so much. Unfortunately I cannot seem to access the link due to server connections. Been trying to access it the whole day.

If you see the first link you sent (http://www.thaivisa....lady/?p=6198389) the couple said they went to the second table and paid 100 baht. I wonder if I need to include 100 baht as well?

If I were to go by the info on www.travel.state.gov there seems to be no charges for the clearance service. Still confused :(

Maaan.... even their email address doesnt work. I emailed and it bounced back.

Edited by Mike&Usha

Timeline

Karee, Thank you so much. Unfortunately I cannot seem to access the link due to server connections. Been trying to access it the whole day.

If you see the first link you sent (http://www.thaivisa....lady/?p=6198389) the couple said they went to the second table and paid 100 baht. I wonder if I need to include 100 baht as well?

If I were to go by the info on www.travel.state.gov there seems to be no charges for the clearance service. Still confused :(

Maaan.... even their email address doesnt work. I emailed and it bounced back.

This is from inside that PDF I am linking to:

The Police Clearance Service Center. Note: If criminal record is found or all required documents are not submitted, then, certificate may take longer than normal to get it. Since October 1,2012 Issue a certificate of service behavior, will charge for a criminal records check amount 100 baht

Timeline

This is from inside that PDF I am linking to:

The Police Clearance Service Center. Note: If criminal record is found or all required documents are not submitted, then, certificate may take longer than normal to get it. Since October 1,2012 Issue a certificate of service behavior, will charge for a criminal records check amount 100 baht

Karee, you're the best! Thank you for your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.