draygri

Police Report -- HELP!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hello, VJ!!

I am the U.S. petitioner and my wife is the beneficiary in Cambodia.

We are currently awaiting our NVC case number.

We have hit a bit of a snag... I know, a snag already without even acquiring our case number yet!

Here is our issue:

We are preparing everything AOS & IV packages. We currently have everything necessary.

So where is the snag?

I've recently learned that the consulate in Cambodia will not receive these papers sent by the NVC. Whether that's actually true or not is unknown personally. But according to another who is going through the same immigration process, the consulate claims that they do not receive the papers from NVC and new/originals must be brought in during the interview.

We have duplicates of everything thanks to assistance with a friend in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Save one: the Police Report. According to the Police/Government, a second report cannot be issued until the 3-month expiration date is reached.

We do, however, have several certified English translations of the Police Report. Would it be OK to send an English translation (not native Khmer) to the NVC and have both Khmer & English on hand for the interview? Or perhaps vice versa, send the native Khmer & English translation to NVC and only have another English translation for the interview?

Any advice would be most welcome!

Thank you again, VJ!

June 16, 2011: Met online (Skype) for the first time.
July 27, 2011: Officially a couple/engaged.
March 19, 2012: Met in-person for the first time.
March 23, 2012: Wedding!

-------------------------------------------------------
USICS
June 25, 2012 - I-130 Sent via USPS
June 27, 2012 - Lockbox arrival
July 02, 2012 - NOA 1 text/email
July 05, 2012 - NOA 1 hard copy in mail
February 19, 2013 - NOA 2

NVC Stage
February 27, 2013 - NVC receives petition
March 15, 2013 - NVC case number assigned
March 27, 2013 - AOS fee paid online
March 29, 2013 - AOS fee shows PAID
April 1, 2013 - AOS pack mailed
April 4, 2013 - DS-3032 accepted
April 5, 2013 - IV invoiced & paid online
April 9, 2013 - IV fee shows PAID - IV pack mailed
April 22, 2013 - NVC case complete

October 28, 2013 - Interview date - "Administrative Processing"

November 7, 2013 - Return to U.S. Embassy of Phnom Penh - "Administrative Processing"

November 19, 2013 - Return to U.S. Embassy of Phnom Penh

November 22, 2013 - Visa Issued

November 26, 2013 - Arrival in the United States of America

December 31, 2014 - Permanent Residence Card (Green Card) issued

July 18, 2015 - First child due!

July 27, 2015 - Baby girl is born!

November 17, 2015 - Biometrics complete

...more to come...

Timeline

Hi there I am also at NVC stage. Now that you mention it, I'm also curious and wants to find out the truth. I think the only way to find the truth to these questions is to actually call NVC and ask a couple of NVC reps themselves, to be certain and not just hear it through the grape vine. Have you called NVC about this inquiry? Have you emailed the US embassy in Phnom Penh about not receiving documents sent from NVC. I never heard of any embassy not receiving documents that was sent from NVC, isn't that the whole purpose of sending it to NVC first? Also the police report can we not have 1 original and one certified copy? Along with the english translation. Let me know what you find out.

USCIS

Oct. 29, 2012 NOA 1
Feb. 01, 2013 NOA 2
NVC
Feb. 13, 2013 NVC received case
Mar. 15, 2013 Mailed AOS & IV packet
Mar. 27, 2013 NVC Case complete

Apr. 03, 2013 NVC case complete email

Aug. 26, 2013 Interview email noticed

Oct. 1, 2013 Interview date

Good Luck To Everyone Here @ VisaJourney
Never take my opinions and comments as factual representation because I'm not one of the VJ gurus

Timeline

Hi there I am also at NVC stage. Now that you mention it, I'm also curious and wants to find out the truth. I think the only way to find the truth to these questions is to actually call NVC and ask a couple of NVC reps themselves, to be certain and not just hear it through the grape vine. Have you called NVC about this inquiry? Have you emailed the US embassy in Phnom Penh about not receiving documents sent from NVC. I never heard of any embassy not receiving documents that was sent from NVC, isn't that the whole purpose of sending it to NVC first? Also the police report can we not have 1 original and one certified copy? Along with the english translation. Let me know what you find out.

Hi romanticminds

I'm still waiting for my NVC case number currently. Once I have that, and provide other information over the phone, I will be making my inquiry.

Once that is done, I will be contacting the Embassy. I've emailed them several times in the past and know that they are quite helpful so I'm certain I'll be given a straight & direct response. But, again, I don't want to do so until after we have everything rolling with NVC.

As for a certified copy, that's something we will be asking a family friend within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs this Monday. If creating a certified copy of the police report (Khmer) is possible, we'll definitely be doing so. This friend has been incredibly helpful with all of our documents so we're certain he'll be able to do something to help or at least point us in the right direction. (He always makes duplicates of the birth & marriage certificates as well as 4x the necessary English translated versions.)

I'll definitely keep you and everyone else informed on what we learn!

Best of luck to you on your journey, romanticminds!

USICS

NVC Stage

November 7, 2013 - Return to U.S. Embassy of Phnom Penh - "Administrative Processing"

...more to come...

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello !

You can send NVC copy of your police report. They lost my first police certificate then I called them 5x times to asked if it okay to mailed copy . I went to office max and make color copy which it's looks the same . I mailed its in within 7 days they reviewed it the case is complete. I only have one police certificate which will bring in the day of interview.

Best of luck for you.

Edited by Duy Nguyen

Timeline

I have been going through this process recently.

Listen carefully gentlemen :lol:

USCIS sent all papers to >> NVC. Now NVC will assign you a case #, you paid fees, you send required documents (CR-1 is different than K-1).

For CR-1: NVC will collect all docs in the state, when all docs received, NVC review, then set you an appointment for interview.

You will just have to be patient and wait for interview schedule.

Yes, NVC will forward everything to U.S.Embassy in PP.

For K-1: NVC will assign a case #. Then forward everything to U.S.Embassy in PP. Yes, NVC will do nothing here, except give you a case #.

You/beneficiary will be contacted by the U.S.Embassy in PP. Here is the magic part, you gotta to be prepared all the papers and time your delivery date(when it ship from US >> PP). The Embassy won't schedule an appointment until they get everything from you (police report, medical exam,...look at their website to see what are the required forms for K-1).

PM me if you need any specific question regarding Cambodia.

Timeline

Thanks for the help!!!

:thumbs:

USICS

NVC Stage

...more to come...

Timeline

I am at the NVC stage & they asked for all originals. I did send all but the Police report. They told me a copy of the Police report is okay to send which I did(My Wife). By the way, I did get multiple copies of original Khmer Police report. She sent me one & kept one but NVC only asked for a copy which she sent a week ago as soon as she got it. Now I do have original in my hand here in the US & she has one in Cambodia and NVC has a copy. Now just waiting for NVC to complete my case. We did go through I-129F once & we had to submit all paperwork at the Embassy. I-130 they need all originals to NVC. I have been on the phone with them regularly & they told me they are sending all originals to US Embassy

Timeline

I am the One who gave information saying NVC will not send Originals to the Embassy...and I have the E-mail Enquiries

showing that NVC will not allow Certified Copies, as I received an RFE for doing just that.

But I see others have also said the same, NVC "Requires" Originals..thx for reasserting this need.

This is the link they sent me as well about what to expect for the Interview, and this was also part of that RFE Mail I was sent from NVC

http://travel.state....L-0001-1204.pdf

Click on the Link above.. it will open a PDF file with the documents they require, and their instructions.

The Person I spoke with at NVC made specific note that these documents for the Interview were supposed to be Originals.

If this is not the case...please let me know as well, it would save my wife another trip to Phnom Penh, and a dangerous journey in doing so.

I would hate to lose her to one of the many traffic fatalities that occur with each new day there in Cambodia.. :(

I too pray that the person I spoke to was wrong, or perhaps New to their position or unaware of the actually needs at the PHP Embassy.

Thank You,....those helping others here on V.J. are the best...bless you.

Sincerley, and Thanks Again

Randy & Sophanna

(IamHannas)

Edited by IamHannas

Timeline

Thank you to all the VJ'ers for helping us figure out what to do while waiting for NVC to finish processing our case. It is truly a hard and difficult journey indeed. To all my cambodian friends I want you success in bringing our love ones together. It is you guys who I truly appreciate the help and I am glad to help and answer questions once I have the answer myself. Good luck you guys.

USCIS

Oct. 29, 2012 NOA 1
Feb. 01, 2013 NOA 2
NVC

Never take my opinions and comments as factual representation because I'm not one of the VJ gurus

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Some applicants are having success with sending copies of their original documents and explaining the reasons for doing so in the cover letter, along with including the notation that the originals will be made available at the interview. If you're nervous about your Police Cert, you can try that route.

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Timeline

How long it takes NVC to complete their procedures after they have all the documents? Every time I call them they tell me it will take 20 business days to review all the documents. It's been more than 3 weeks now that they have all my documents & still no response.

Timeline

Thank you to all the VJ'ers for helping us figure out what to do while waiting for NVC to finish processing our case. It is truly a hard and difficult journey indeed. To all my cambodian friends I want you success in bringing our love ones together. It is you guys who I truly appreciate the help and I am glad to help and answer questions once I have the answer myself. Good luck you guys.

Congrats to us both , and I wish you success on your Interview Date soon.

I opened my e-mail yesterday, and there it was..Sophannas Interview date after 36 days waiting to get it.

I pray your date comes sooner, and hope it is sooner then ours...not sure how it works.

Our date is May 28, 8am 2013. My Sophanna is so happy now..love to see her smile on Skype.

Take Care, and hope to see your Interview date posted soon. good.gif

Timeline

Congrats to us both , and I wish you success on your Interview Date soon.

I opened my e-mail yesterday, and there it was..Sophannas Interview date after 36 days waiting to get it.

I pray your date comes sooner, and hope it is sooner then ours...not sure how it works.

Our date is May 28, 8am 2013. My Sophanna is so happy now..love to see her smile on Skype.

Take Care, and hope to see your Interview date posted soon. good.gif

Thank you my friend I hope you will be successful in bringing your wife here soon. You guys start preparing for the interview and ask her questions so she feels comfortable. The more she hears the same questions over and over again the less nervous she will be during the interview. I believe there are some main questions up in this VJ website from some of the members I mean the FAQ for the interviews. Maybe some of our Cambodian members who have completed their process can give us a few hints and ideas. Remember to bring the original documents such as birth certificate with eng. translation, marriage certificate with eng. translation to the interview. Have faith and trust in each other, we are all in a real committed loving marriage and love each other dearly, we have nothing to fear. The officers will see that and will believe in all of us. As far as the VJ members from our portal I believe there are four of us forgive me if I forget you who are petitioning their spouse, IamHannas, NikaMo, draygri and myself I hope to hear all 3 of you guys outcome and want the best of luck to all of you gentlemen and hope we can help each other out somehow. Take care and GOOD luck my friends.

USCIS

Oct. 29, 2012 NOA 1
Feb. 01, 2013 NOA 2
NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.