JODi * DOUG

PLease Help!!Need Help With Next Part of Process After NOA2

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I had recently approved on Feb. 28th and received the hardcopy of NOA2 on March 4, 2013 and been attempting to call NVC to get the case number, but being I'm in Brasil with my fiance its so hard to stay on the phone waiting to get through because of the long distance charges. I was wondering if anyone knew why I cant get the automated system option when I call. I looked through some other forums and it mentions how there is an automated system where you can check if you have a case # assigned, but it just goes straight to waiting for a representative once I press 1 for English. Would an email be an alright thing to do or is calling better? If emailing is the same thing, does anyone know the right email address to send to? If i send an email would i need to also speak to someone as well at some point or does it not matter since the process my fiance and I are doing is the k-1?

I was also wondering once I get the case # where can I go from there? Does having the case number in advanced mean my fiance can start making an appointment for his medical and so on? I contacted the embassy through email about something else and also asked if we need to contact the embassy to see if our case is there or not but they said they contact him. Should I wait on them or is there something I should be doing to see when it gets to Brasil?

I'm also using a joint sponsor (my brother)since I am not working at the moment while I'm in Brasil can anyone give me advice on what exactly should I tell my brother to get together. I want to make sure i bring everything possible whether its useful or not.

On my behalf, is it useful to show a letter from an employer that has given me a job offer for when I return?

My fiance might even have a job offer as well from the same company, would that effect him in any way or is it not useful for him to have a job offer letter to bring to the embassy since he cant work for about 3 months anyway?

Thank You So Much for reading this, I really appreciate the help! Best of Luck To All of You (F)

I join in the 1st part of your question, I experience same thing. When calling i only have option 1 for english, 2 for spanish etc, then im on hold for ever. Avent had patience to stay for longer than 20 min. :blink:

It is not where I breathe but where I love that I live.

Just got through, after about 30min on hold. Spoke to a guy who was very much in a rush but he told me they received the petition and already forwarded to the consulate and got my case number.

As far as I am concerned you don't really have to speak to NVC if its inconvenient. Just wait for consulate to contact the petitioner (sent packet 3)? Also they have an email address on the website http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html it says

The NVC’s e-mail address is NVCINQUIRY@state.gov.

E-mail is the NVC’s preferred method of communication.

Edited by agnesb

It is not where I breathe but where I love that I live.

Timeline

thank you so much for the reply!

WOW! 30 minutes?? if i stayed on for 30 minutes waiting calling internationally I don't even want to think of what the phone bill would come out to be in price lol, I'm going to try emailing them hopefully I have the same luck and the petition is already being sent to the consulate. I just want the reassurance of knowing where the petition is at right now.

Thank you for the information, good luck with the rest of your process :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Once you have the case number, you can start emailing the consulate to find out if an interview date has been set. THey will send a letter to your fiance with all of that information, but it is nice to know as soon as possible. Then, like you said, you can schedule the medical appointment. You must go to an approved civil surgeon. I highly recommend Dr. Duarte as he is very helpful and understands the process. Check to see if he is still on the list, because our process was done in 2009. He is in Rio, but if you have a civil surgeon closer, you can go to one in your area as well. The last time I checked, the consulate was scheduling interviews about 2 months after receiving the file. It could be different now. If you hear from NVC that they don't have your case number yet, try again in a week or so. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks for them to process it.

event.png

Timeline

Thank you so much for the information! I have sent an email last night to NVC, hopefully I'll get a reply today.Its great to have the recommendation for the doctor as I have no idea who's better than others. My fiance wanted to do his in Sao Paulo since he lives closer to there, do you know of any good doctor that is listed for Sao Paulo?

I dont know if i have this right, but once the appointment is set that is when my fiance should set up his medical or does he do that once the case number is received from NVC?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you so much for the information! I have sent an email last night to NVC, hopefully I'll get a reply today.Its great to have the recommendation for the doctor as I have no idea who's better than others. My fiance wanted to do his in Sao Paulo since he lives closer to there, do you know of any good doctor that is listed for Sao Paulo?

I dont know if i have this right, but once the appointment is set that is when my fiance should set up his medical or does he do that once the case number is received from NVC?

I don't know any doctors in Sao Paulo, but maybe someone else on here does. When we were doing our process, we heard that some doctors would do the medical early and some wanted to have your case number first. You can call and ask the specific doctors how they handle it. Just be sure to get a copy of the vaccination worksheet they fill out. You might need it once you arrive in the US. In our case, my husband went to his local doctor to get the vaccinations that he needed just to save time once he got to Rio and had the medical. He gave Dr. Duarte the vaccination record, and he transcribed it onto the proper form that immigration requires. We then used that form for AOS here in the US. Good luck in your process!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi JODi,

Congratulations on your NOA2 !!

Just wanted to remind you to be careful in using a co-sponsor. It is only a courtesy extended to us when the petitioner's income is a little below the 2013 HHS poverty guideline x 125%, which means a consulate isn't legally binded to take it into account.

In your case you might want to hold off booking the interview with consulate, sponsor return to the US and get 3 months pay stubs in hand to prove you earned above the necessary level. If it doesn't reach the level, then you can use the co-sponsor. What's important is that you are employed and earning at the time of interview. They are not interested in your or your finance's salary that hasn't yet earned. Neither would they put importance on bank deposits, which only proves the past.

Anyway that's an advise I got from a very professional immigration lawyer's office in Tokyo.

Hope you will hear more from other VJ members on this. You also might be able to do more research for your country specific information.

Good luck!

K-1 Timeline
• Feb 22, 2013 – I-129F mailed via FedEx
• Feb 25, 2013 – USCIS Dallas Lockbox received
• Feb 27, 2013 – NOA1 date (CSC)
• Mar 04, 2013 – NOA1 hardcopy in mail

• Aug 07, 2013 – NOA2 (161 days)

• Aug 10, 2013 – NOA2 hardcopy in mail

• Sep 04, 2013 – file sent out from CSC

• Sep 12, 2013 – NVC assigned TKY case #

• Sep 13, 2013 – file in transit to TKY from NVC

• Sep 16, 2013 – CEAC site case status "READY"

• Oct 21, 2013 – Interview at Tokyo Embassy, approved in 3 minutes (236 days since NOA1)

• Oct 21, 2013 – CEAC site case status "Administrative Processing"

• Oct 22, 2013 – CEAC site case status "Issued"

• Oct 23, 2013 – K-1 visa delivered at around noon

j3sWp9.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.