Bradix

Visa approved!!!

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know everyone have read sharing their experiences during the interview at USEM. Let me also share mine to help others who haven't gone their interview yet.

Appt at 7:30am me and my fiancé arrived at USEm 5:30. After an hour guards let us in. Before entering the gate you will present your appointment letter, passport that they will put in the ziplock and DS forms. Once you're done you will pass through bag X-ray then go to this window 2 and 3 for fiancée to get your number. You will be advised to drop your ds forms to window 39 but in my case a girl took the forms and she said she will just drop the forms to window 39 for me. Then proceed to door# 2 for non immigrant another bag check that you will pass through. Now waiting game starts for your number to be called. After 20mins of waiting they called my number for finger scan. Again after that you have to go back to your seat. After 10 mins we were called again pre-screen interview with a Filipina and she was very pleasant to talk with. Get ready with your NSO b.c, CENOMAR, NBI, BPI receipt and your finace's documnet I-134, W2s and employment cert to hand it over to the Filipino interviewer.

Questions asked to us were

If we are single and never been married

If we have kids

When did we first met

If we brought pictures with us..said yes but she didn't look at it and was told Just present to the AC

Finished these two steps at 7:40. AC started their interview at 8am from window 59 to 68. Waited until 10am when we were called to be interviewed only for 2 mins lol

Questions that were asked

When and how we met..........?

Waiting to fire up his next question to me but he asked my fiancé what does he do for living

Brad: I work for blah blah in oil rig platform

AC to me: are you ok with that? It's a dangerous job

Me: safety is his top priority and like I always tell my fiancé just go home in one piece.

AC to fiancé: (while browsing our docs) you like to travel a lot

Brad: yes because of my job I get to travel a lot.

AC to me: how do you pronounce your name and is that from Bohol

Me: (laughing) yeah I know name is complicated to pronounce and spells totally different. (Ixarah is my name) said its not from Bohol.

AC: yeah it's very unique.......and I guess I got it all the info you're approved.

Geez he didn't even look at the chat logs I pulled out from my envelope and pictures. My fiancé said while we were walking back to our seat "I am already your evidence" and I agree being with your partner helps a lot during the interview process.

Last stop is releasing and they just verified your address where to send your passport. Finished everything at 11am.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I know everyone have read sharing their experiences during the interview at USEM. Let me also share mine to help others who haven't gone their interview yet.

Appt at 7:30am me and my fiancé arrived at USEm 5:30. After an hour guards let us in. Before entering the gate you will present your appointment letter, passport that they will put in the ziplock and DS forms. Once you're done you will pass through bag X-ray then go to this window 2 and 3 for fiancée to get your number. You will be advised to drop your ds forms to window 39 but in my case a girl took the forms and she said she will just drop the forms to window 39 for me. Then proceed to door# 2 for non immigrant another bag check that you will pass through. Now waiting game starts for your number to be called. After 20mins of waiting they called my number for finger scan. Again after that you have to go back to your seat. After 10 mins we were called again pre-screen interview with a Filipina and she was very pleasant to talk with. Get ready with your NSO b.c, CENOMAR, NBI, BPI receipt and your finace's documnet I-134, W2s and employment cert to hand it over to the Filipino interviewer.

Questions asked to us were

If we are single and never been married

If we have kids

When did we first met

If we brought pictures with us..said yes but she didn't look at it and was told Just present to the AC

Finished these two steps at 7:40. AC started their interview at 8am from window 59 to 68. Waited until 10am when we were called to be interviewed only for 2 mins lol

Questions that were asked

When and how we met..........?

Waiting to fire up his next question to me but he asked my fiancé what does he do for living

Brad: I work for blah blah in oil rig platform

AC to me: are you ok with that? It's a dangerous job

Me: safety is his top priority and like I always tell my fiancé just go home in one piece.

AC to fiancé: (while browsing our docs) you like to travel a lot

Brad: yes because of my job I get to travel a lot.

AC to me: how do you pronounce your name and is that from Bohol

Me: (laughing) yeah I know name is complicated to pronounce and spells totally different. (Ixarah is my name) said its not from Bohol.

AC: yeah it's very unique.......and I guess I got it all the info you're approved.

Geez he didn't even look at the chat logs I pulled out from my envelope and pictures. My fiancé said while we were walking back to our seat "I am already your evidence" and I agree being with your partner helps a lot during the interview process.

Last stop is releasing and they just verified your address where to send your passport. Finished everything at 11am.

wow!! congratulations

Thanks for sharing

Btw let me ask, they allowed now to enter your foreign fiance inside? As i know no companion allowed only the applicant can get inside the USEM

Timeline

wow!! congratulations

Thanks for sharing

Btw let me ask, they allowed now to enter your foreign fiance inside? As i know no companion allowed only the applicant can get inside the USEM

Petitioner is allowed to accompany the beneficiary in USEM on the day of interview :)

Congratulations to Bradix !!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy.

Congrats!! :dance::dance:

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Timeline

Congratulations! That's wonderful news and honestly gives me some relief about our upcoming interview. Thank you for sharing!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2012-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-08-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-02-21

NVC Received : 2013-03-08

NVC Left : 2013-03-08

Timeline

wow!! congratulations

Thanks for sharing

Like what toastedpancake said, yes in the Philippines petitioner is allowed to accompany his/her beneficiary during the interview process. Unless otherwise the AC advise your petitioner to have a moment with you alone. Just like what happened when we were at USEM, the fiancée was accompanied with her Pre-screen interview but when they were called by AC for interview he was asked to go back into his seat.

Timeline

wow!! congratulations

Thanks for sharing

Like what toastedpancake said, yes in the Philippines petitioner is allowed to accompany his/her beneficiary during the interview process. Unless otherwise the AC advise your petitioner to have a moment with you alone. Just like what happened when we were at USEM, the fiancée was accompanied with her Pre-screen interview but when they were called by AC for interview he was asked to go back into his seat.

Thank you! And good luck to your journey. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ConGraTuLaTions :):dance::star:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Congrats!!! :dancing:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.