TeamMcGregor

Re-Entry Permits - timeframe for biometrics?

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I already know I will need a reentry permit - I'm trying to do my research ahead of time and see what my options are. We are currently at the NVC stage (waiting for the magic words Case Complete). After two years here in the Dominican, we decided to leave and going back to the US was certainly the first option as a matter of logic. We started our CR1 process in late November. We weren't quite expecting it would go this quick (we decided to take a shot as I wanted to be able to start applying for jobs in the US as soon as I got there). We figured we would try and see if our process would be done or close to done by the time we would leave the country which we hope is late June.

Anyway, as we are finalizing at NVC my husband got a very good job offer abroad which after much consideration he decided to take. We are estimating (if we get no checklists at NVC or APs at interview time) we should get an interview in May and leave the country in late June. My husband must be at his new appointment in late July, which would give us about a month in the US. Is it realistic to expect/hope/request for a biometrics appointment within that timeframe once I apply for a re-entry permit? The plan is to apply, get biometrics done and get the permit sent to the US consulate in our new location. What are our options?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Biometrics come pretty quick, but it all depends on availability at your local office.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.