MADforMEGHAN

how my change of address mess ups will affect removal of coditions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

hi everybody,

that time has come again for more forms and stressing out with the USCIS "yay" :)

the subject of our stress and my questions to you guys comes in the form of a section on the i-751 (part3 #9) that goes:

Have you resided at any other address since you became a permanent resident?

(If "Yes," attach a list of

all addresses and dates.)

ok now this is where it gets a little complicated, we have moved twice since i got my conditional GC (only 5minutes down the road, my wife wants me to add!). both times i was late in filing the form AR-11 the first time was by about 6 months (i didnt know it had to be done) the second time was only by a matter of maybe a week as their online submission of the form wasn't work so after waiting for a few days for it to start working i just mailed it. it was probably idk a little over a week after the "10 days" it should be sent.

so first off i was worried like other people on here have been about it being late and is it a mistermeaner (which it is) and what they are going to do about it. i mean i assume im right in thinking that they will have a copy of any forms like this in my file and the purpose of including the question on the i-751 is to see if the dates line up?? idk

then as i started reading posts on here (to put my mind at ease!) i started seeing mention of this form i-865 that im starting to get the impression it should have also been sent along with the AR-11 by my wife! now if thats the case then not only were my AR-11's late the i-865's were never sent!! :bonk:

if this is the case and the i-865 is in fact needed when changing address then were in more trouble then i first thought! idk why but i did look at the i-865 when i first sent the AR-11 but i dismissed it thinking because it said sponsor that it was for the person the me and my wife had co-sponsor us as she was bellow the poverty line!! i dont see my wife as a sponsor i suppose.

also i forgot to mention that our leases im sending as evidence are the real give away of the dates not matching up with the sending of the AR-11 now the thought had crossed my mind to change the dates on the two leases we have which would solve the problem of the late AR-11's but that wont help the lack of i-865's and i really don't want to do that.

sorry for the long post and i really appreciate your input so thank you in advance :thumbs:

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

hi everybody,

that time has come again for more forms and stressing out with the USCIS "yay" :)

the subject of our stress and my questions to you guys comes in the form of a section on the i-751 (part3 #9) that goes:

Have you resided at any other address since you became a permanent resident?

(If "Yes," attach a list of

all addresses and dates.)

ok now this is where it gets a little complicated, we have moved twice since i got my conditional GC (only 5minutes down the road, my wife wants me to add!). both times i was late in filing the form AR-11 the first time was by about 6 months (i didnt know it had to be done) the second time was only by a matter of maybe a week as their online submission of the form wasn't work so after waiting for a few days for it to start working i just mailed it. it was probably idk a little over a week after the "10 days" it should be sent.

so first off i was worried like other people on here have been about it being late and is it a mistermeaner (which it is) and what they are going to do about it. i mean i assume im right in thinking that they will have a copy of any forms like this in my file and the purpose of including the question on the i-751 is to see if the dates line up?? idk

then as i started reading posts on here (to put my mind at ease!) i started seeing mention of this form i-865 that im starting to get the impression it should have also been sent along with the AR-11 by my wife! now if thats the case then not only were my AR-11's late the i-865's were never sent!! :bonk:

if this is the case and the i-865 is in fact needed when changing address then were in more trouble then i first thought! idk why but i did look at the i-865 when i first sent the AR-11 but i dismissed it thinking because it said sponsor that it was for the person the me and my wife had co-sponsor us as she was bellow the poverty line!! i dont see my wife as a sponsor i suppose.

also i forgot to mention that our leases im sending as evidence are the real give away of the dates not matching up with the sending of the AR-11 now the thought had crossed my mind to change the dates on the two leases we have which would solve the problem of the late AR-11's but that wont help the lack of i-865's and i really don't want to do that.

sorry for the long post and i really appreciate your input so thank you in advance :thumbs:

First and foremost, provide the correct details in I-751 - include all the addresses changed with correct dates - check to ensure that the dates provided are in tune with the lease documents that are being attached.

Coming to AR-11 and I-865, though these are your obligations - meaning you should have filed 30 days of moving, USCIS is not going to pull you for not filing in time. Also they will correspond to the Mailing address you are providing in the I-751. Also file I-865 now for the latest change and you should be fine.

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

thank you for the response navyk,

do i have time to flie the i-865 now though, as i need to send of my removal of conditions like now! i have less then two months b4 my GC expires. alsdo are you suggesting i re work my leases to match the dates i sent the AR-11s?

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

thank you for the response navyk,

do i have time to flie the i-865 now though, as i need to send of my removal of conditions like now! i have less then two months b4 my GC expires. alsdo are you suggesting i re work my leases to match the dates i sent the AR-11s?

If you have messed-up the change of address dates on the AR-11, it is alright and not a big deal and don't bother about that now. Most of the time the addresses are not updated in time and probably your I-751 may update your latest address before those are taken up for processing. But you will have to file I-865 now as it is your responsibility.

Fill the correct dates in I-751 and see that those dates match the lease documents being attached.

Edited by Navyk

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.