AA100

Birth Certificate (I-130)

20 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I need some help. I do not have birth certificate. In Pakistan people who do not have birth certificate are issued with FRC Which is Family Registration Certificates issued to nationals of Pakistan highlighting the family tree structure of the applicant. I just need help from people here escpecially pakistanis if this document can serve the purpose of birth certificate?

Your help is much appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Information about birth certificates according to State Dept website. http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9713

"Available. Reporting of births is voluntary, and records are not uniformly kept, particularly in rural areas. Almost all records of vital statistics of the Karachi Municipality were burned in 1948. Where a record of birth exists, a certificate to that effect may be obtained from the Registrar of Births and Deaths or the Director of Health Services in the municipality or, in rural areas, from the union council, district council or district health officer. Caution should be used, however, in accepting such certificates, since they frequently do not match the original ledgers. Births also may be registered late. In lieu of a birth certificate, Pakistanis often use school records attested by the headmaster or principal of the school or matriculation certificates, both of which identify the father and the date of birth."

USC married to Palestinian lived in Doha, Qatar for seven years, in the USA since July 2013 with an eight year old and a two year old smile.png

USCIS - 37 days
12.13.12: Sent I-130 from abroad
12.16.12: Delivered to Chicago Lock Box
12.19.12: NOA1 - E-mail, MSC number
12.21.12: Case showed up online
01.25.13: NOA2
01.30.13: Email from USCIS - Post Decision Activity - Case sent to NVC
NVC - 28 Days
02.05.13: NVC Received
02.22.13: Case/IIN Received

AOS Track
02.26.13: AOS bill invoiced
02.27.13: Pay AOS bill
03.06.13: AOS bill shows PAID
03.07.13: AOS package sent

IV Track
02.23.13: DS-3032 sent
03.03.13: DS-3032 re-sent for Supervisor Review
03.04.13: DS-3032 accepted
03.06.13: First DS-3032 accepted!
03.05.13: IV bill invoiced
03.06.13: Pay IV bill
03.07.13: IV bill shows PAID
03.07.13: IV package sent

03.11.13: AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC
03.20.13: IV Package Accepted
03.22.13: Case complete
03.29.13: Interview scheduled - Email
04.02.13: Case left NVC
Consulate
04.04.13: Case received
04.08.13 - Medical
04.28.13 - Interview - Approved

05.02.13 - Visa In Hand
07.21.13 - POE (Washington D.C.)

Gearing up to apply for Naturalization in April 2016!

No u have to get a birth certificate even if u have frc. U can get a delayed birth registration certificate so ask someone to get it

Aslamualaikum,

Could you please tell me how I can get delayed birth registration certificate. I have been told that Nadra does not provide Birth Certificates. I dont live in Pakistan and my wife will be interviwed at USCIS local office on tuesday 5th march. They informed us about the interview last week. I do not have much time any suggestion?

Thanks

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Aslamualaikum,

Could you please tell me how I can get delayed birth registration certificate. I have been told that Nadra does not provide Birth Certificates. I dont live in Pakistan and my wife will be interviwed at USCIS local office on tuesday 5th march. They informed us about the interview last week. I do not have much time any suggestion?

Thanks

Who is the petitioner here? Who needs the birth certificate the beneficiary or the petitioner. If u r a US citizen and got it through naturalization u dont need ur birth certifcate for getting status for ur wife but if ur wife is non-us citizen beneficiary she needs one. It depends where that person is born and have to get a birth certificate from its local muncipal corporation authority or local union council

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Aslamualaikum,

Thanks

You can easily get a new delayed Birth Certificate if your birth has been registered with the district you were born in. Do you know what area you were born in ? and what union council holds jurisdiction over your area ? If yes , then just go the union council office. they will already have your Birth registration record and will provide a Computerized Birth certificate :thumbs:

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Timeline

Who is the petitioner here? Who needs the birth certificate the beneficiary or the petitioner. If u r a US citizen and got it through naturalization u dont need ur birth certifcate for getting status for ur wife but if ur wife is non-us citizen beneficiary she needs one. It depends where that person is born and have to get a birth certificate from its local muncipal corporation authority or local union council

I f you do not have birth certifcate get a school leaving certificate mention both parents name or fathers name and date of birth along with parents or relatives affidavits ,hospital record .

What If a Document Is Not Available?

In such a situation, submit a statement from the appropriate civil authority certifying that the document or documents are not available. You must also submit secondary evidence, including:

A. Church record: A copy of a document bearing the seal of the church, showing the baptism, dedication or comparable rite occurred within two months after birth, and showing the date and place of the child's birth, date of the religious ceremony, and the names of the child's parents.

B. School record: A letter from the authority (preferably the first school attended) showing the date of admission to the school, the child's date of birth or age at that time, place of birth, and names of the parents.

C. Census record: State or Federal census record showing the names, place of birth, date of birth, or the age of the person listed.

D. Affidavits: Written statements sworn to or affirmed by two persons who were living at the time and who have personal knowledge of the event you are trying to prove. For example, the date and place of birth, marriage or death. The person making the affidavit does not have to be a U.S. citizen. Each affidavit should contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name, address, date and place of birth, and his or her relationship to you, if any, full information concerning the event, and complete details explaining how the person acquired knowledge of the event.

Check this link .http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-130instr.pdf

I f you do not have birth certifcate get a school leaving certificate mention both parents name or fathers name and date of birth along with parents or relatives affidavits ,hospital record .

What If a Document Is Not Available?

In such a situation, submit a statement from the appropriate civil authority certifying that the document or documents are not available. You must also submit secondary evidence, including:

A. Church record: A copy of a document bearing the seal of the church, showing the baptism, dedication or comparable rite occurred within two months after birth, and showing the date and place of the child's birth, date of the religious ceremony, and the names of the child's parents.

B. School record: A letter from the authority (preferably the first school attended) showing the date of admission to the school, the child's date of birth or age at that time, place of birth, and names of the parents.

C. Census record: State or Federal census record showing the names, place of birth, date of birth, or the age of the person listed.

D. Affidavits: Written statements sworn to or affirmed by two persons who were living at the time and who have personal knowledge of the event you are trying to prove. For example, the date and place of birth, marriage or death. The person making the affidavit does not have to be a U.S. citizen. Each affidavit should contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name, address, date and place of birth, and his or her relationship to you, if any, full information concerning the event, and complete details explaining how the person acquired knowledge of the event.

Check this link .http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-130instr.pdf

Aslamualaikum Jazak Allah for your help. My wife is US National she is in US AND I am working in Dubai. The issue is someone told me ( a close friend of mine) that FRC is enough and thats I did not bother getting a birth certificae now my Wife has an interview on Tuesday with USCIS Local office and I don't think I can send her anything by Tuesday. Well I do not know what I could do right now except for praying :). Wise suggestions will be appreciated

Timeline

Aslamualaikum Jazak Allah for your help. My wife is US National she is in US AND I am working in Dubai. The issue is someone told me ( a close friend of mine) that FRC is enough and thats I did not bother getting a birth certificae now my Wife has an interview on Tuesday with USCIS Local office and I don't think I can send her anything by Tuesday. Well I do not know what I could do right now except for praying :). Wise suggestions will be appreciated

Frc is just a document to proof relationship and not your identity asnan individual it does state ur parents name and dob but no place of birth mentioned . You were born in pakistan and which cty?

Frc is just a document to proof relationship and not your identity asnan individual it does state ur parents name and dob but no place of birth mentioned . You were born in pakistan and which cty?

Aslamualaikum,

I am from Islamabad but I live and work in Dubai.What about yourlsef?

Jazak Allah

Also, technically, a birth certificate of the immigrant is not listed as a required document for the I-130 for many categories (e.g. sponsoring a spouse).

Hi,

Thanks for your comment. As you said birth certificate is not a requirement prior to acceptance of I-130, does it mean that we could use it to support the non availability of Birth Certficate.

:)

Thanks again for your help! JazakAllah!

At yesterday's interview, they asked my wife for my birth certificate and she explained to the officer the situation and then gave her the FRC form along with a document that explained its purpose. The officer took it and approved the application. Alhumdullilah!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.