liluinlove

Interview question

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I am getting ready for our interview for GC that will be on 27th of March.

I have collected a lot of papers showing our mutual assets and proof of living together : from lease to bills.

But we came up with one problem: our wedding was civil ( my parents are in Russia and his mom lives in Canada n due to medical condition couldn't come). So we went to the Justice of Peace and got married - he did gave us a present - nicely decorate and framed vowels that we wrote to each other + a hard copy of a some kind of ' certificate' of or marriage( the legal one we got in town hall later) . But we don't have pictures of a wedding - my friend told me that we def will get denied. We are happily married for 2 years already and it left me devastated. :crying:

I have A LOT OF proof of mutual and real marriage ( even post cards from numerous relatives from his side and my side on both of our names) but no pictures - i have pictures of him on my phone and he has pictures of me on his....

I am a little bit shocked and should i get ready for being denied?(((( I am really ready to cry

Did anyone had such an experience ?

We just didn't get a chance with all the stuff that happened to take a lot of pictures together, but we have e-mails to proof also that our love is real...

Any experience without pictures?

TIA

A

c140aef6de.png

f3958aff33.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I am assuming you are going for an ROC (I751)interview?

Having a civil ceremony is not a problem.

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words and looks like you did not submit any pictures with your application and that could be a reason for an interview but does not mean an automatic denial.

Visa K1

NOA1 02/23/09

NOA 2 07/14/09

NVC out 07/24/09

P3 08/17/09

P3 Out 08/19/09

P4 09/10/09

Interview date:10/20/09...We are Pink!

Visa Picked up 10/22/09

Stateside Feb 3rd. 2010. POE: JFK

Married Feb 20th, 2010

===================================

AOS sent 4/6/10

NOA1 4/13/10

Biometrics 5/7/10 (Appointment Letter Recvd 4/27/10)

I485 transferred to CSC 4/30/10

Email received, AP and EAD approved 6/17/10.

AP received 6/25/10.

EAD received 6/28/10

Email, Card production ordered 8/16/10.

GC in Hand 8/27/10

=========================================

I-751 Mailed 6/22/12

Biometrics 7/20/12

Approved 2/14/13

GC in Hand 2/21/13

Timeline

I am assuming you are going for an ROC (I751)interview?

Having a civil ceremony is not a problem.

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words and looks like you did not submit any pictures with your application and that could be a reason for an interview but does not mean an automatic denial.

no it's my first GC;

c140aef6de.png

f3958aff33.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

no it's my first GC;

So you came here on a K1 visa?

Visa K1

NOA1 02/23/09

NOA 2 07/14/09

NVC out 07/24/09

P3 08/17/09

P3 Out 08/19/09

P4 09/10/09

Interview date:10/20/09...We are Pink!

Visa Picked up 10/22/09

Stateside Feb 3rd. 2010. POE: JFK

Married Feb 20th, 2010

===================================

AOS sent 4/6/10

NOA1 4/13/10

Biometrics 5/7/10 (Appointment Letter Recvd 4/27/10)

I485 transferred to CSC 4/30/10

Email received, AP and EAD approved 6/17/10.

AP received 6/25/10.

EAD received 6/28/10

Email, Card production ordered 8/16/10.

GC in Hand 8/27/10

=========================================

I-751 Mailed 6/22/12

Biometrics 7/20/12

Approved 2/14/13

GC in Hand 2/21/13

Timeline

So you came here on a K1 visa?

I came as J1 visa and when it was time for me to live we realized that we can not live without each other - so we got married.( was way over 90 days since i came to the states + i was not subject to 2 year home residence)

c140aef6de.png

f3958aff33.png

Filed: Timeline

Wedding pictures are no problem but do you have ANy pictures of you two together? Youve been married for 2 years do you have any pictures together at all? I think this is could be a bit of a problem if you really have not a single picture of you together especially since you will be getting 10-years green card.

Timeline

We have maybe 5-7 from dif occasions.but we just dont like taking pictures :)like you know some people dont like cheese some do:)we have a lot memorabilia from dif occasions on both of our names from friends n family -))do im planing to take pictures of those as well so they can see that a lot of people both from my side n his side know about our relationship.so i can say that we have a lot of other good proof stuff than just pictures.a lot of joint financial stuff n insurance n emails n txt to each other from long time ago we were only start talking and also i am planinhlg on bringing facebook picture ... dogs tags on their collars with both our names and address n phone...sooo quite a spoonful:)

c140aef6de.png

f3958aff33.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

I'm in sort of the same situation and worried sick about it. we have not been married as long as you but we only have a few pictures together. we have never really been the type to take random pictures together just because we were out or something... i hope it all works out for you and you don't get denied... but i think you'll be okay since 2 years is quite a long time :)

Day 000: 12/17/12 - I-130, I-485, I-765, & I-131 Received by USCIS.
Day 001: 12/18/12 - NOA's received via text/email.
Day 002: 12/19/12 - Checks cashed.
Day 007: 12/24/12 - Biometrics appointment received.
Day 022: 01/08/13 - Biometrics appointment.
Day 024: 01/10/13 - RFE received (I-864).
Day 035: 01/21/13 - RFE sent to USCIS.
Day 039: 01/25/13 - RFE received by USCIS.
Day 043: 01/29/13 - Interview ready for scheduling.
Day 056: 02/11/13 - EAD & AP approved.
Day 064: 02/19/13 - EAD/AP combo card received!
Day 070: 02/25/13 - Interview scheduled for 3/27/13 (email notification)
Day 100: 03/27/13 - Interview. Told I would hear from them in 30 days or less.
Day 192: 06/27/13 - Letter in the mail requesting ANOTHER copy of my marriage certificate and evidence of bona fidelity marriage.
Day 225: 08/07/13 - AOS APPROVED!!!

Day 227: 08/09/13 - AOS card ordered for production.

Day 235: 08/17/13 - Card received in the mail.

Timeline

I'm in sort of the same situation and worried sick about it. we have not been married as long as you but we only have a few pictures together. we have never really been the type to take random pictures together just because we were out or something... i hope it all works out for you and you don't get denied... but i think you'll be okay since 2 years is quite a long time :)

[/quoTE]

Hi Mike & Kelly,

I have found a lot of stuff that is worth thousand pictures + we are making a small scrapbook with all our daring stuff like postcards, love letters and pictures of each other in our apartment cooking, having new year table set up and loaded with delicious cooked meals, me kissing my puppy and my husband sleeping on a couch with our puppy, me doing laundry and etc... I think that there is also a good proof that you can show that you share everyday moment with your beloved one and can show it=)

I am honestly not so paranoid anymore - we decided to take few pictures of us together during this weeks before the interview and that's it but i think that the scrapbook( if they even look at it ) will give a pretty good look on our family life=)

I have a lot of proof of financial and property stuff + friends and family x-mass and b-day cards

c140aef6de.png

f3958aff33.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I am getting ready for our interview for GC that will be on 27th of March.

I have collected a lot of papers showing our mutual assets and proof of living together : from lease to bills.

But we came up with one problem: our wedding was civil ( my parents are in Russia and his mom lives in Canada n due to medical condition couldn't come). So we went to the Justice of Peace and got married - he did gave us a present - nicely decorate and framed vowels that we wrote to each other + a hard copy of a some kind of ' certificate' of or marriage( the legal one we got in town hall later) . But we don't have pictures of a wedding - my friend told me that we def will get denied. We are happily married for 2 years already and it left me devastated. :crying:

I have A LOT OF proof of mutual and real marriage ( even post cards from numerous relatives from his side and my side on both of our names) but no pictures - i have pictures of him on my phone and he has pictures of me on his....

I am a little bit shocked and should i get ready for being denied?(((( I am really ready to cry

Did anyone had such an experience ?

We just didn't get a chance with all the stuff that happened to take a lot of pictures together, but we have e-mails to proof also that our love is real...

Any experience without pictures?

TIA

A

You can only take what you have. I dont think i would be to worried about it. In our interview they didnt even look at any pictures. They asked a few questions went through all the forms and approved Ruzana's green card.

Timeline

You can only take what you have. I dont think i would be to worried about it. In our interview they didnt even look at any pictures. They asked a few questions went through all the forms and approved Ruzana's green card.

Thanx for the kind words=) I have found a lot of stuff today from when we just start talking so i think we are good to go=) I am not paranoid anymore=)

c140aef6de.png

f3958aff33.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.