Jump to content

Removal of Conditions- Where to File


2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India

Hello Everyone.

I am in the Navy and right now at Great Lakes Naval Base IL, I am in training status and not allowed to go on leave until done with school which is long. My wife Conditional residency is expiring end of May and we want to File for the Removal of Conditions. Right now she is in Rochester NY, So my question is where do we file the Application for removal of conditions. If we file in Rochester NY and she gets an interview will I have to be there? since I cant what do we do? Can we file the application in Chicago and she just come to Chicago for the interview? Any Help is greatly Appreciated.

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada

Your filing location would depend on the place where you reside. They are pretty stringent on this clause.

Applicants must file Form I-751 at the USCIS California Service Center or the USCIS Vermont Service Center, depending on where they live.

If you live in Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming, file with the California Service Center at:

USCIS California Service Center

P.O. Box 10751

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1075

If you live in Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington, D.C., Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, and West Virginia, file with the Vermont Service Center at:

USCIS Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

P.O. Box 200

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

So my question to you is do you and your wife have a permanent home? Your permanent residence would come in to play when you are applying. If you guys reside in NY, you will have to file in Vermont.

Take a look here:



KnR aka slider100


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...