Angeljay

CRBA experiences

22 posts in this topic

hi good day! i think all documents are intact for next week's interview with my daughter. I'm starting to be nervous hmmm :-) since my usc husband will not be with us at time of interview... so im starting to shake Lol. Anyway, i know there are many here who already done in crba/us passport process... maybe someone would like to share there experiences especially in arranging the documents what's best things to do. little advice or anything.. Pls, it's a very big help for us. Thank you so much! ;-)

Lord God You Know All Things, You Can Do All Things. We Trust You So Much!
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!

We have done ours last feb 12,for my daughter who is 7 and my son who is 4.we did not get approve on the that day,cos we didnt have the picture when i was preg both my child and my prenatal record,so my husband came back on the 13th to give the picture and the prenatal record which sent through fax from my sister in southern leyte.after that,they text us and say we are approved,CBBA and passport,they will deliver it after three weeks.

They will ask you questions like,where did you met?how did you met?what makes you love your husband.how long you been together?how many times he is been here?

We have done ours last feb 12,for my daughter who is 7 and my son who is 4.we did not get approve on the that day,cos we didnt have the picture when i was preg both my child and my prenatal record,so my husband came back on the 13th to give the picture and the prenatal record which sent through fax from my sister in southern leyte.after that,they text us and say we are approved,CBBA and passport,they will deliver it after three weeks.

They will ask you questions like,where did you met?how did you met?what makes you love your husband.how long you been together?how many times he is been here?

thank u so much for sharing bret and alma ;-) how did u arrange your documents? did u just follow the checklist order?

hi good day! i think all documents are intact for next week's interview with my daughter. I'm starting to be nervous hmmm :-) since my usc husband will not be with us at time of interview... so im starting to shake Lol. Anyway, i know there are many here who already done in crba/us passport process... maybe someone would like to share there experiences especially in arranging the documents what's best things to do. little advice or anything.. Pls, it's a very big help for us. Thank you so much! ;-)

Don't worry just pray. I did mine 4 yrs ago and and my husband was not with us. Just gather the documents accrding to the checklist.Also one very important thing to do is DO NOT forget to take with u some pictures of you and ur daughter(together esp. when she was still a baby). It was not in the list of documents needed but this is one very important thing the consul will ask from you. Good luck you will be fine.

Edited by danver

Don't worry just pray. I did mine 4 yrs ago and and my husband was not with us. Just gather the documents accrding to the checklist.Also one very important thing to do is DO NOT forget to take with u some pictures of you and ur daughter(together esp. when she was still a baby). It was not in the list of documents needed but this is one very important thing the consul will ask from you. Good luck you will be fine.

thank u danver :-) i will never forget that ;-)

Yes,my husband did everything.

thank you ;-)

just relax. With my daughter I was tensed for the interview. My husband was not with me. Submitted everything. PLEASE ARRANGE THEM in order. Pictures. Pre-natal records and most important thing you must have a strong evidence that you and the daddy were together at the estimated date of conception. On the day of our interview, the married couple was questioned with the legitamacy of their baby. Other than that just relax. I was blessed that the waiting period was longer than the interview itself

just relax. With my daughter I was tensed for the interview. My husband was not with me. Submitted everything. PLEASE ARRANGE THEM in order. Pictures. Pre-natal records and most important thing you must have a strong evidence that you and the daddy were together at the estimated date of conception. On the day of our interview, the married couple was questioned with the legitamacy of their baby. Other than that just relax. I was blessed that the waiting period was longer than the interview itself

thank you biaobiao :):yes:

sis alma, have question regarding DS-11 question #17 PERMANENT ADDRESS... is it the US address where my husband lives? or Phil Address? coz my mailing address is different from where we live here in Phil. I care of to my aunt's. Thank u! :)

, have question regarding DS-11 question #17 PERMANENT ADDRESS... is it the US address where my husband lives? or Phil Address? coz my mailing address is different from where we live here in Phil. I care of to my aunt's. Thank u! :)

, have question regarding DS-11 question #17 PERMANENT ADDRESS... is it the US address where my husband lives? or Phil Address? coz my mailing address is different from where we live here in Phil. I care of to my aunt's. Thank u! :)

, have question regarding DS-11 question #17 PERMANENT ADDRESS... is it the US address where my husband lives? or Phil Address? coz my mailing address is different from where we live here in Phil. I care of to my aunt's. Thank u! :)

what i did was i placed my address in #17 then my husband in the emergency contact since we are still here in PI. dont worry. just place your husband's address since you are already set to go :thumbs: lucky you.... wish i can say the same for me...

goodluck.

oh yeah. don't worry if they tell you 3 weeks for you to receive it. I receive my baby's crba and passport 1 week after the interview. and dont forget to get your baby PI passport.

Edited by biaobiao

what i did was i placed my address in #17 then my husband in the emergency contact since we are still here in PI. dont worry. just place your address where you are now. you will fill up the shipping information anyways at air21 counter.

oh yeah. don't worry if they tell you 3 weeks for you to receive it. I receive my baby's crba and passport in less than 2 week after the interview. and dont forget to get your baby PI passport.

here is my crba experience. maybe this can help. during my time. I was not aware of visajourney.

schedule for the interview was july 25, 2012

arrived MNL and check-in in Bayview Hotel July 24

7:00 - we went to the embassy

1 - ENTRANCE. The guards will be so kind since you are with your baby. They will check your appointment letter. Let you in.

2 - Pass thru security. leave all your electronic devices.

3- then You will go to door #1, for AMERICAN CITIZENS door. (oh yeah. she is an american. :thumbs: )

they will give you a number.

4- go to your left, take the lift 1 floor up. take a sit. and wait for your number.

*** i was so nervous, since i was only with my mom and my baby. but dont worry they are not that scary ***

5 - Pre-screening of your documents. Just arrange them in order.

what i did was just follow the checklist

* TRANSMISSION Physical Presence in US

- US notarized copy of husband passport and US notarized military records (i was so nervous as i though it was not enough. I kept telling my husband that it is not enough.. they are americans, they just need 1-2 form of id, that's it)

*Legitimation

- original and ocopy NSO marriage cert, original and copy of our marriage cert abroad, US notarized divorce decree and US Notarized DS 5507 for the paternity support (we were already married but just incase, my husband will send the documents together thru fedex anyways), DS - 11, and US notarized DS 3053

* Blood Relationship

- Original pre-natal records, US notarized copy of my husband's passport stamps and visa (evidence that we were together at the time of conception)

- Pictures of me and my husband, my husband and my baby, all 3 of us.

Then i was told it seems everything is in order. Pay the fees at the cashier and she will forward it to the US consular officer

6. Then we waited. What happened is that all scheduled for CRBA will be pre-screened first after everyone is done, then they will close their window, literally roll down the blinds then forward the docs to the US consular officer.

it didnt take that long. Our number flash overtaking some of the couples. YEY.

7. Consular officer was friendly. i would never forget what he said verbatim "IT SEEMS EVERYTHING IS IN ORDER. PLEASE RAISE YOUR RIGHT HAND. DO YOU SWEAR EVERYTHING HER IS TRUE? (I SAID YES) PLEASE SIGN (I THINK HE WAS POINTING AT THE DS 11 FORM)"

that was it. but he still went thru the docs. But i was already okay. my baby was fussy, maybe it helped.

He said that for transmission, the father is stayed in US enough time to transmit his citizenship to my daughter (my husband was born and raised in US) I just smiled, no need to be a smart ####.

WHile checking my prenatal records, marriage docs and visa stamps. Just quick glance. HE said seems that she is a honeymoon baby, then smile.

his final words. "I will approve this application. Just go to Air21 and fill up the form for the shipment and drop it in window 1. you should expect the passport and the certificate of CRBA"

I said my thank you. He said "You are most welcome."

**** the consular officer will only take the original US related docs and copies of Marriage cert of the child Birth certficate ****

8 - go to air 21. fill up the form and pay about P100.00 for shipping. then drop it to window 1. Just wait for the guy finish interviewing someone before your drop. At my time there seems to be an argument between the american citizen and the consular officer.

THEN YOU ARE DONE... AFTER WEEKS OF AGONIZING PREPARATION, THOUSANDS OF PESOS SPENT...

your child will have their passport and CRBA and can leave the country with or without you.. just kidding.

hope this helps

here is my crba experience. maybe this can help. during my time. I was not aware of visajourney.

schedule for the interview was july 25, 2012

arrived MNL and check-in in Bayview Hotel July 24

7:00 - we went to the embassy

1 - ENTRANCE. The guards will be so kind since you are with your baby. They will check your appointment letter. Let you in.

2 - Pass thru security. leave all your electronic devices.

3- then You will go to door #1, for AMERICAN CITIZENS door. (oh yeah. she is an american. :thumbs: )

they will give you a number.

4- go to your left, take the lift 1 floor up. take a sit. and wait for your number.

*** i was so nervous, since i was only with my mom and my baby. but dont worry they are not that scary ***

5 - Pre-screening of your documents. Just arrange them in order.

what i did was just follow the checklist

* TRANSMISSION Physical Presence in US

- US notarized copy of husband passport and US notarized military records (i was so nervous as i though it was not enough. I kept telling my husband that it is not enough.. they are americans, they just need 1-2 form of id, that's it)

*Legitimation

- original and ocopy NSO marriage cert, original and copy of our marriage cert abroad, US notarized divorce decree and US Notarized DS 5507 for the paternity support (we were already married but just incase, my husband will send the documents together thru fedex anyways), DS - 11, and US notarized DS 3053

* Blood Relationship

- Original pre-natal records, US notarized copy of my husband's passport stamps and visa (evidence that we were together at the time of conception)

- Pictures of me and my husband, my husband and my baby, all 3 of us.

Then i was told it seems everything is in order. Pay the fees at the cashier and she will forward it to the US consular officer

6. Then we waited. What happened is that all scheduled for CRBA will be pre-screened first after everyone is done, then they will close their window, literally roll down the blinds then forward the docs to the US consular officer.

it didnt take that long. Our number flash overtaking some of the couples. YEY.

7. Consular officer was friendly. i would never forget what he said verbatim "IT SEEMS EVERYTHING IS IN ORDER. PLEASE RAISE YOUR RIGHT HAND. DO YOU SWEAR EVERYTHING HER IS TRUE? (I SAID YES) PLEASE SIGN (I THINK HE WAS POINTING AT THE DS 11 FORM)"

that was it. but he still went thru the docs. But i was already okay. my baby was fussy, maybe it helped.

He said that for transmission, the father is stayed in US enough time to transmit his citizenship to my daughter (my husband was born and raised in US) I just smiled, no need to be a smart ####.

WHile checking my prenatal records, marriage docs and visa stamps. Just quick glance. HE said seems that she is a honeymoon baby, then smile.

his final words. "I will approve this application. Just go to Air21 and fill up the form for the shipment and drop it in window 1. you should expect the passport and the certificate of CRBA"

I said my thank you. He said "You are most welcome."

**** the consular officer will only take the original US related docs and copies of Marriage cert of the child Birth certficate ****

8 - go to air 21. fill up the form and pay about P100.00 for shipping. then drop it to window 1. Just wait for the guy finish interviewing someone before your drop. At my time there seems to be an argument between the american citizen and the consular officer.

THEN YOU ARE DONE... AFTER WEEKS OF AGONIZING PREPARATION, THOUSANDS OF PESOS SPENT...

your child will have their passport and CRBA and can leave the country with or without you.. just kidding.

hope this helps

wow! Thank u so much for sharing sis, its really a big help. :) I hope we'll have smooth interview as yours.. :)

thank u again :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.