DarwishAE

Sworn affidavits, their format, and a few questions

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi,

I am going to have my mom and dad do sworn affidavits to send with the i-130 for my husband. I have found a few templates on this site and Google, but I am wondering if they are always supposed to be so simple. I was planning on having my parents write a bit more about their knowledge of the relationship and them seeing my husband and I together over Skype many many times throughout the 3 weeks I was in Egypt. Although my parents have not met my husband in person they love getting to talk with him via Skype.

My best friend of 5 years is who introduced Ahmed and me, would it be smart to include an affidavit from her? I want to get the i-130 sent out pretty soon and she is in Seattle right now and I'm in Utah. If I have her notarize it, it would take a few more days in the mail. Obviously if it is important I will wait for it.

I was looking at the wiki page on affidavits for reference: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Affidavit

I noticed there is also one that I can do. Is this recommended? Would the details of the marriage need to be explained in great detail or fairly simple terms?

Thanks for the help :)

Edited by ElizabethDarwish
0fb4b110-8058-4795-a9f6-fc7490beaf3d.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi,

I am going to have my mom and dad do sworn affidavits to send with the i-130 for my husband. I have found a few templates on this site and Google, but I am wondering if they are always supposed to be so simple. I was planning on having my parents write a bit more about their knowledge of the relationship and them seeing my husband and I together over Skype many many times throughout the 3 weeks I was in Egypt. Although my parents have not met my husband in person they love getting to talk with him via Skype.

My best friend of 5 years is who introduced Ahmed and me, would it be smart to include an affidavit from her? I want to get the i-130 sent out pretty soon and she is in Seattle right now and I'm in Utah. If I have her notarize it, it would take a few more days in the mail. Obviously if it is important I will wait for it.

I was looking at the wiki page on affidavits for reference: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Affidavit

I noticed there is also one that I can do. Is this recommended? Would the details of the marriage need to be explained in great detail or fairly simple terms?

Thanks for the help :)

Hi! It's a not a must to send affidavits, but I have read that is highly reccomended when your application will be sent to a consulate that is considered as not-so easy.

I think is a good idea that your parents sworn affidavits for you! I think it's also nice that they also write a little bit about your love story and their perception of you as a couple :thumbs:

If someone attended your wedding (friends, family) would be great if they can write an affidavit as well, stating that they were present at your marriage ceremony and telling about their knowledge of your relationship.

We have sent notarized affidavits, it's NOT required that they are notarized, but we wanted them to look more professional (in fact they did a great job, they had the notary's stamp, signature and a hologram), and we got no RFE during our process at USCIS.

My best friend wrote a letter for us explaining that she attended our wedding ceremony, that she is a good friend of us, and since when she got to know that we were dating (her perception of us as a couple, etc).

This is a sort of a template of the affidavit my best friend wrote for us.

AFFIDAVIT OF Ms. XXXXXXXXXXX

Full name: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Current address: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Phone: (01)23 456 7891

I am ___________________ I was born in XXXXX City on (DATE xx/xx/xxxx). I am [u.S. citizen, LPR, or if they live in another country he/she can write his/her nationality], [sSN -if any-].

This affidavit is submitted in behalf the following persons: (Wife) and (Husband), in connection to the Immigrant Visa application of (Foreign spouse name)

I am close friend of both (Wife) and (Husband) I have met (Wife/husband)in xxxx at (place) and we have been best friends since then.

I had the pleasure to meet (Husband/wife) on XXXX at (Place). My friend told me that she/he was dating him/her on (year) and I met them as a couple for the very first time on (XXXX year). They looked so happy and so much in love.

I got to know about their engagement on (year) and their plans of getting married. I was very happy for them, they are a lovely couple [here could be an explanation of his/her perception of you both as a couple]

I attended their wedding on (XX/XX/XXXX date), it was a beautiful ceremony [A little description of the ceremony, how happy you looked etc]

[Any other comments here]

The content of this affidavit is to my best knowledge, and the marriage between (Wife and Husband) is true and in good faith, and not entered into for any immigration-related purpose.

If you have any questions regarding this affidavit, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

[Ms. xxxxxxxxxx] _______________________ (Signature)

Place: ___________________________ Date:__________________________________

I hope this info is helpful for you somehow. Sorry if I confused you a bit with the explanation, since English is not my native language. :blush:

GOOD LUCK!!!!

ArXsm6.png

Wedding: April 19th 2012

USCIS (226 days)

NOA1: June 4th 2012

NOA2: January 16th 2013 (226 days after NOA1)

NOA2 hardcopy: January 19th 2013

NVC

Case received 01/21/2013

Case number,IIN and Beneficiary ID 02/05/2013

Case complete 03/20/2013

Medical exam 05/09/2013

Interview 05/13/2013-APPROVED

Received passport with visa 05/16/2013
POE 05/22/2013

ROC

I-751 sent 02/27/2015

NOA 03/03/2015
Biometrics 04/10/2015

Approval: 09/17/2015

GC in mail: 09/26/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.