Lucy NY

Sheesh thought this would never come......heavy heart.

3 posts in this topic

It has been a while since logging in to VJ! Wow, although it feels good to be back! So I thought this time of my visa journey would never come! However, it does not come in pure happiness.

My ROC is up later this summer and we have enjoyed a happy marriage upto a couple of months ago. Due to turning events, we are going through some struggles and I am very concerned about where this leaves me and my options for the upcoming ROC.

We are trying to work through issues but currently it does not look particualry strong so, i am hoping for some advice on my options for ROC. I understand I can file with a waiver but with that waiver you must have the divorce decree, well in the state of NY, I have to be sepearated for a year before filing for a divorce so if he decides to be uncooperative in terms of signing paperwork and we are not divorced and only seperated by the time of filing, what are my real options?

We have a bonafide marriage, we own property, wills are made out to each other, all life policies are each other as reciepients and I have no issues trying to prove that we entered in good faith but how do I proceed???

I129F Petition Sent: End of June '10
NOA1 - 17th July '10
Touches - 23rd July & 3rd October '10
NOA2 - 30th December '10 - A great new yr gift
NVC Rec'd - 4th January '11
NVC Sent - 5th January '11
Embassy Received - 8th January '11
Embassy Recorded - 11th January '11
Packet 3 Forms sent - 11th January '11
Visa Fee Paid - 18th January '11
Packet 3 Forms Logged - 24th January '11
Medical Exam
- 10th February '11
Embassy Received Medical Results - 15th February '11
London Consulate K1 Visa Interview - 11th March '11
JFK Port of Entry - 24th March '11

Removal Of Conditions.

Petition Signed for - 26th August 2013

Check Cashed - 11th September 2013

NOA1 -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Lucy said: It has been a while since logging in to VJ! Wow, although it feels good to be back! So I thought this time of my visa journey would never come! However, it does not come in pure happiness.  My ROC is up later this summer and we have enjoyed a happy marriage upto a couple of months ago.  Due to turning events, we are going through some struggles and I am very concerned about where this leaves me and my options for the upcoming ROC. We are trying to work through issues but currently it does not look particualry strong so, i am hoping for some advice on my options for ROC.  I understand I can file with a waiver but with that waiver you must have the divorce decree, well in the state of NY, I have to be sepearated for a year before filing for a divorce so if he decides to be uncooperative in terms of signing paperwork and we are not divorced and only seperated by the time of filing, what are my real options? We have a bonafide marriage, we own property, wills are made out to each other, all life policies are each other as reciepients and I have no issues trying to prove that we entered in good faith but how do I proceed???

I for one hope you can work out your differences. Have you gone to counseling? What is your goal here? Does he want you to return to your home country? Does he want to work it out?

event.png

were-getting-married-1.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I have attached a reference to this written by an attorney: http://www.visalawyerblog.com/2010/06/i751_removal_of_conditions_pro.html. Seems like yoiu need to trya nd work it out or still be friendly so he will jointly sign the ROC paperwork. Probably i would see an immigration attorney before you get to your 90 day window, if he wont cooperate. Gather up all your documents needed to show a good faith marriage etc. Good Luck.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.