The Mean Lady

Negotiating with Rogers

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was just curious if anyone here has negotiated a lower bill with Rogers.

I see as I search online that plenty of people threaten to leave and get lower bills, but I'm locked into a 2yr contract with 1yr left so I don't see why they would care about my threats.

My cable discount is up this month so next month my bill will go from 181 to 237.

I pay less for my car!

I have a huge internet package (rightfully needed) and only their second level of cable.

I don't understand why the damn cable package is over 100 bucks.

It's this stupid (P)VR box.

But I don't want to make that go away =[

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

wow that's a lot

My internet is 73.50 a month... it's one of the better packages but when I got it over a year ago, it was $30/month for 6 months... ugh.. (actually it should be more expensive than it is looking at the website.. guess I'm doing well. Hubs pays a huge amount for cable every month too. I can't wait to move - all the bills will be cut in half except for the cell phone.)

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Seriously! I used to think 100/mo with comcast was bad.

No, this is INSANE.

We have the ultimate internet plan which is on the old price plan at 100/mo plus modem rental

250gb cap per month (which we're about to go over for NO REASON GRRR)

DL speeds over 75mbps, uploads are still around 2mbps

It was half off for the first 6 months which was great.

When we first joined, I was paying like 120/mo, for the past 6mos, been at 181/mo

I have digital plus with the cable which is like 61/mo plus 25/mo for the (p)vr

Was 30% off with free (p)vr for the past year.

Also, figured out i've been paying for the 2nd box for the past year that I told them I DIDNT WANT

I finally gave it back yesterday.

That's $155 dollars i've given them over the past year that I said I didn't want.

oldlady.gif

See if you can get that money back for the box. How much would you have to pay if you left the contract?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I finally got up the courage to call rogers and it was SO much easier than I thought.

I literally just said the bill was going to be REALLY high soon and I wasn't sure I could handle it.

The guy gave me MORE than I was asking for.

I just asked him if he could extend our cable discount (keeping our bill at 180) but he discounted the internet too and now my total bill is just under 150!

:dance:

oldlady.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I negotiate with our Satellite radio account. every few months I call up and say

I want to cancel and they give us a deep discount. The last time I got 5 months for $40 for 2 radios.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I negotiate with our Satellite radio account. every few months I call up and say

I want to cancel and they give us a deep discount. The last time I got 5 months for $40 for 2 radios.

my cousin posted recently on her facebook that she had been meaning to renew her serius account when they suddenly called and offered her a year for 99 bucks lmao

oldlady.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.