10 posts in this topic

I got my Green Card few months ago through marriage but unfortunately right now we are separated will this affect my immigration status and i also want to know if this will pose a problem for me when i am ready to adjust my status. Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

is the green card you got is for 2 years not for 10 years? so far as I know it will not be a problem as for now but you cannot adjust your status if you guys are separated. what was the reason why you guy separated right away? why not tell more info about it.

I got my Green Card few months ago through marriage but unfortunately right now we are separated will this affect my immigration status and i also want to know if this will pose a problem for me when i am ready to adjust my status. Thank you

The green card is for 2years, she was very abusive and even threatened to kill me. And she asked me to move out a week ago.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

why not try to do research. where are you from? if you're from Philippines, for sure you got a little guidelines if what are the possible you can do for that kind of situation.I got my own copy too.

The green card is for 2years, she was very abusive and even threatened to kill me. And she asked me to move out a week ago.

You can remove conditions on your status by yourself. When did you get your card?

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Amy if I can do you know the procedures?

First off, you don't adjust status. You remove conditions. Look at the form I-751. You will see In part 2 Basis of Petition. People still married tick "a". You can tick "d" if divorced. Prove you had a marriage. Gather copies of joint things you have to prove it. Look at the Removing Conditions forum for all the ideas of things people send to show they co-mingled their lives and finances.

Read the instructions for Form I-751 http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-751instr.pdf for what USCIS says about evidence of relationship.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.