louchiw

Calling all under Administrative Review US Embassy Manila

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I guess we just have to pray and be patient.

1. July 28, 2006 - Interview (under AR) need to submit copy of previous I-485 (adjustment of status)

2. August 11 - 23, 2006 - Fiancee's visit

3. Sept 5, 2006 - Requested copy of I-485 fr National Record Center

4. September last week - Followed up: takes a year to receive it

5. October 2006 - Asked help from Congressman

6. November 17, 2006 - Received I-485 documents

7. November 20, 2006 - Submitted it to USE Manila

8. December 4, 2006 - Fiancee called USE Manila and they said that they are waiting for documents from Dept of Homeland Security. "Dont know what docs"

9. December 5, 2006 - I called 1-909-101-7878. They said, It is still under review. They cant see any other info but under review. Dang, from Aug to Dec: Still under review - no updates at all!

I suggest that Fiancee should just call the Lorraine instead us calling the 19091017878. It's damn expensive and irritating because they dont have good info!

Well, add our names to the approved "pending routine checks" status. What is particularily disturbing is that they let my girl leave her interview on Dec. 5 with all indications that the visa is approved. She even saw the green sticker on the folder that read "k1 visa approved." But then I call the embassy a week later, and the visa has NOT been released by the embassy because they are awaiting some sort of "checks." Called the Dept. of State number and all I got out of them is that the status on her visa is "pending." You gotta love pending, pending what? Pending the volcano blows? Pending the pope visits the Phil? The state department lady reassures me that there is nothing "wrong" with our application, that its just going through "routine procedures." But I find that answer BS because "routine" is approval the same day as interview. They approve hundreds of 60 year-old grandfathers petitioning their 18 year-old fiancees who have only visited their children (oops I mean fiancees) once, but they hold up our application. It is very frustrating indeed.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Well, another non-update to our status. After I heard from my congressman that the USE had told him that the visa "was NOW approved", I called the embassy to see when it might be released. But the lovely lady at x5184 commences to tell me that it has NOT been approved, and only will be released after the non-routine embassy checks of documents which might take 4-6 weeks. Now, I realize that my mastery of the english language is very limited, but "now approved" and "4-6 weeks" have two very different meanings I think. Is this process just totally retarded, or did the USE just tell a lie to my congressman?

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ's!

Well now I found out that there might be a sight delay with her visa because the interviewing consular wanted to check a hotel receipt I submitted for evidence when I visited her with in the past two years. They wanted me to send them an explanation of the girl name on the receipt. So I sent the US Embassy an email, FAX and also had the Marco Polo Hotel fax them the explanation.

The hotel (Marco Polo Hotel in Davao City) printed the name of the girl who took my reservation right underneath my name. Looks like this:

Eddie blah blah

Name of Girl who took my reservation

My address

I can see that this would look like this girl is with me by the way they printed out the hotel receipt. But that's how they printed out the hotel receipt! mad.gif

Have you heard of any cases where they had to investigate a name on a hotel receipt?

And do you have any idea how long the US Consulate will take to investigate this?

Thanks,

Eddie

Timeline
I am under AR for 3 months and 10 days now since my interview. They required me to submit a copy of my previous Adjustment of Status from previous K1 visa but unfortunately, the copy is being requested and the turn over time is forever so I sumitted a letter of explaination on Aug 28, 2006. I've made numerous call to US Embassy Manila but they said, it is still under review.

Can Anyone help me regarding my case?

Hi

Well now I found out that there might be a sight delay with her visa because the interviewing consular wanted to check a hotel receipt I submitted for evidence when I visited her with in the past two years. They wanted me to send them an explanation of the girl name on the receipt. So I sent the US Embassy an email, FAX and also had the Marco Polo Hotel fax them the explanation.

The hotel (Marco Polo Hotel in Davao City) printed the name of the girl who took my reservation right underneath my name. Looks like this:

Eddie blah blah

My address

I can see that this would look like this girl is with me by the way they printed out the hotel receipt. But that's how they printed out the hotel receipt! mad.gif

Have you heard of any cases where they had to investigate a name on a hotel receipt?

And do you have any idea how long the US Consulate will take to investigate this?

Did you get approved or received your the visa after all? Can you tell me how long it took for the AR investigation?

Thanks,

Eddie

Timeline
AR is Officially over for me & my Fiance.

Thanks for all the support here. :dance:

Hi Madison Man,

How long did it take for the AR investigation? My fiancee is also on AR for some dumb thing?

Eddie blah blah

My address

Thanks,

Eddie

Eddie,

That's weird that they ask you for a hotel receipt. Anyways, aside from the receipt, what other requirements did they ask you to submit? Just relax and wait for the visa. You can check the case number also at delbros if your fiancee have paid the delbros. www.delbros.com

Timeline
Eddie,

That's weird that they ask you for a hotel receipt. Anyways, aside from the receipt, what other requirements did they ask you to submit? Just relax and wait for the visa. You can check the case number also at delbros if your fiancee have paid the delbros. www.delbros.com

Hi louchiw,

They asked my fiancee to have me submit an explanation about the girl name on my hotel receipt. I sent them the explanation that the girl name on my hotel receipt is the person who works the front desk at the Marco Polo Hotel, so I sent and faxed them the explanation I also had the Marco Polo Hotel fax them the explanation that the girl on the receipt is one of their employees and that she works at the front desk.

She did pay delbros and they also have her passport, I guess we just have to be patient and wait until they release her visa, but it's very frustrating that it would take so long to verify a name check.

Thanks,

Eddie

Eddie,

It's always been frustrating to be put under a situation wherein you dont have control of things and don't even have an idea of what's going on but to tell you, I have the worst case and look Im here in California after 8 long months from interview. Just pray and be patient. Your congressman might help you though speed up your case. They can follow up the status of your case. God bless

Timeline
Eddie,

It's always been frustrating to be put under a situation wherein you dont have control of things and don't even have an idea of what's going on but to tell you, I have the worst case and look Im here in California after 8 long months from interview. Just pray and be patient. Your congressman might help you though speed up your case. They can follow up the status of your case. God bless

Hi louchiw,

Thank you for the encouragement :) I checked the delbros website today and it looks like they released her visa and she should receive her visa sometime next week :dance: Again thanks for the information and encouragement.

Query Results...

MNL2006820XXXXX

INFO DATE INFO DESCRIPTION

2/16/2007 6:47:45 PM SHIPMENT RECEIVED AT DISTRIBUTION CENTER

2/16/2007 3:18:22 PM SHIPMENT IN PROCESS

2/16/2007 10:45:00 AM SHIPMENT RELEASED BY THE EMBASSY

2/7/2007 3:24:36 PM SHIPMENT PROCESS IN THE EMBASSY

Best Regards,

Eddie

Timeline
Cool Ediie. Congratulations! I wish the best! Always pray and thank God for all the blessings you are receiving.

Hi louchiw,

Again Thank You! I took them 12 days to review my letter of explanation of the Name Check. :D

I wanted to post the information of the U.S Embassy (Manila) in case someone VJ's needs to contact the embassy

US Embassy Manila

Fax: 011-632-523-1158

Phone: 011-632-528-6300

dial # 7

ext: 5184 or 5185.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2006-08-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-08-22

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-10-17

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-10-25

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-11-02

NVC Received : 2006-11-14

NVC Left : 2006-11-21

Consulate Received : 2006-11-29

Packet 3 Received : 2006-12-27

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-28

Packet 4 Received : 2007-01-02

Interview Date : 2007-02-07

Visa Received : 2007-02-19

Regards,

Eddie

socal, glad to hear everything got straightened out. the ladies from Davao are the best. :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline
socal, glad to hear everything got straightened out. the ladies from Davao are the best. :thumbs:

Hi Roy and Yazi,

Yes I agree that Davao ladies are great! Roy do you remember when Yazi received her visa from Delbros, did they have instructions for her not to open the package when they delivered the visa?

When was she able to open the package?

Will the package be open during the CFO class?

How did she confirm that the information on the visa is correct?

Please let me know,

Best Regards,

Eddie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.