G+A

Post-Decision Activity

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Hi everyone,

So on USCIS website my status is telling me "Post Decision Activity" for about 2 weeks. I have read and read looking for what the meaning of this is and all i can find is that it's meaning NOA2. Honestly I cant believe this could be true, something must be wrong. So fast? I havent gotten anything new in the mail..haven't heard a peep about any NOA2. I have to believe this is some kind of mistake, if i get my hopes too high that this is NOA2 and its not it will be very upsetting. Everyones thoughts?

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It could happen! You should call them and see what they have to say! Congrats! I hope you are ready for the next step!

HUSBAND'S CASE

9/17/2011 - sent I-13

09/19/2011 - noa1 received

3/16/2012 - case sent to my local USCIS office for additional processing

4/21/2012 - AP. If we haven't heard from them in SIX MONTHS (omg) we can feel free to call them!!! Thanks!

9/20/2012 - Interview scheduled - October 3!!!!

10/3/2012 - Interview went well but she must look at his A-file more before decision.

10/12/2012 - I-130 APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

KIDS' CASES

04/20/2012: NOA107/20/2012: instead of an approval, we got thrown into AP. sigh

11/01/2012: Boys' I-130 interview set for November 28, 2012.

11/28/2012: I-130s APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

NVC

12/14/2012: NVC Received

12/31/2012: Case number/IIN

12/31/2012: DS-3032 sent

01/08/2013: DS-3032 accepted

01/02/2013: AOS bill0

1/03/2013: AOS bill shows PAID

01/04/2013: AOS package sent

01/09/2013: IV bill

01/10/2013: IV bill shows PAID

01/11/2013: IV package sent

01/23/2013: Case complete

02/01/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Lagos

02/22/2013: Embassy received

03/01/2013: Medical

03/20/2013: Interview - was told the boys would have been approved on the spot if they had pics! Errrr :-(

04/15/2013: DNA test

05/15/2013: Emailed embassy BEGGING them to let boys drop off passports for visa insertion. IT WORKED!!!

05/31/2013: Visa in hand

06/02/2013: POE JFK!!!!!!

5spxll0m6aa.png

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

So on USCIS website my status is telling me "Post Decision Activity" for about 2 weeks. I have read and read looking for what the meaning of this is and all i can find is that it's meaning NOA2. Honestly I cant believe this could be true, something must be wrong. So fast? I havent gotten anything new in the mail..haven't heard a peep about any NOA2. I have to believe this is some kind of mistake, if i get my hopes too high that this is NOA2 and its not it will be very upsetting. Everyones thoughts?

It means a decision has been made on your petition or case and you should be getting the hard copy (NO2)in the mail soon.

Post Decision Activity involves several steps,such as USCIS sending your case file to NVC, document production, steps to file an appeal if one's case is denied etc etc. You can read the steps outlined in your post decision activity if you check online with your case number. Scrow down and you will see exactly what your post decision activity says. Also see below for definition of PDA according to USCIS:

Post Decision Activity

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Good luck!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

It could happen! You should call them and see what they have to say! Congrats! I hope you are ready for the next step!

Someone just said their case had been approved in a month time (it was CR-1 though) so yes, it can happen.

Kazulie is right, call the USCIS to check. If it really is a NOA2, and the message has been there for 2 weeks, you should get the hard copy NOA2 in the mail very very soon.

If it has been 2 weeks you had that message, you can even call NVC and give them your receipt number ( the one on your NOA1) to check if they recieved your petition yet. If they did, ask them for your case number and ask them if your case was sent to the embassy.

Once you have the number given by the NVC, you can check your case status online here: https://ceac.state.g...AKjMWCuebHqOw==

If you want more updates about your case, you'll also be able to call DOS as soon as you have the case number given by the NVC: http://www.visajourn...i/index.php/DOS (they give more info than on the online case status thing)

Of course, start preparing everything else! Go on the portal, consulate information and consulate reviews will probably help you a lot. You should also check the regional forums.

It is very possible that you are gonna skip a lot of frustration! good.gifgood.gif

Good luck!!

Edit: please, come back with updates, right? A super speedy approval like this is a nice story to hearsmile.gif

Edited by CaroSL

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.