carolinas

Evidences for Bonafide marriage

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello Freids,

So far we have these much evidences/documents to prove our marriage relationship? My question is are there enough? Would those be fine? Or I still Have to show some more? If more then what other evidences ? Please reply. Your answers will really help us in our journey..

Enclosed proof for bona fides of our marriage:

TD bank statement for joint account ownership.

Affidavits of support from third parties.

Copies of traveling tickets / Copies of e-cards sent to each other.

Verizon wireless phone statements for communication

Photos taken together during celebrations/ vacations / time spent together.

Thank you.!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello Freids,

So far we have these much evidences/documents to prove our marriage relationship? My question is are there enough? Would those be fine? Or I still Have to show some more? If more then what other evidences ? Please reply. Your answers will really help us in our journey..

Enclosed proof for bona fides of our marriage:

TD bank statement for joint account ownership.

Affidavits of support from third parties.

Copies of traveling tickets / Copies of e-cards sent to each other.

Verizon wireless phone statements for communication

Photos taken together during celebrations/ vacations / time spent together.

Thank you.!!

How about

credit cards,insurance ( car, life, health insurance, dental..), lease of some sort or mortgage? beneficiary on 401k IRA /retirement.

those are the few things that come to mine atm.

Day 11/14 Mailed AOS Package

Day 11/16 AOS Package Accepted

Day 11/20 Received Text with receipt numbers

Day 11/21 Checks cashed

Day 11/26 -Letter for Biometrix - its on 12/20

Day 12/20/ went to do biometrics, turn away as wife has a cut on thumb - will try to walk in next week

Day 12/28 - bio metrics done ! - walked in San Diego as we were visiting my in laws.

Day 1/4/2013 - received text/email that case is ready to be scheduled for interview !

Day 1/15/2013 - received hard copy letter to let us know interview is on 2/12 !

Day 1/17/2013 - received text/email that EAD has been approved

Day 1/26/2013 - received EAD card

Day 2/12 - interview done - approved on spot!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do you have joint bank account statements. What about tax returns showing married filing jointly?

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

If you are just married you don't have to include too much evidence in your initial AoS submission. What you have listed is sufficient - in fact, I wouldn't bother with the affidavits from third parties.

Collect more and better evidence to present at the interview, preferably of financial comingling (joint bank accounts and credit cards, utility statements in both names, naming each other as beneficiaries on life insurance and retirement accounts etc).

Edited by hmh33

Spouse-based AOS from out-of-status H-1B, May - Aug 2012

Removal of conditions, Aug - Nov 2014

I would add:

- lease agreement for apartment/house rental (or if you guys have a house, then home ownership on both of your names)

- joint bank account

- joint car insurance

- joint life insurance

- joint health insurance (although I did not have this on as I am a student and my health insurance is tied to my school that does not provide health insurance to spouses)

- joint tax return if married for over a year (again, we did not have this either)

- joint PG&E statements

- joint internet/TV/telephone statements

- maybe emails that you guys have exchanged over the decades (make sure it's the actual email, not a copy-paste into word- that could be made up by anyone)

Good luck!

Thank you so much to all.

But I just recently got married. I am f-1 visa and dont have social. So, how can we add my names as a beneficiary to all of insurances and credit cards.?

We are applying for Initial permanent resident. so I am quite confuse and dont know how it works. Please reply ..

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

But I just recently got married. I am f-1 visa and dont have social. So, how can we add my names as a beneficiary to all of insurances and credit cards.?

We are applying for Initial permanent resident. so I am quite confuse and dont know how it works. Please reply ..

Thank you.

You can be added to your wife's credit card as an authorized user without an SSN. Some credit cards will require to enter a passport nunmber from my own expierience. As far as insurance, i didn't require an SSN for my wife for car insurance or health insurance either. I also added my wife to be beneficiary for my IRA and they only required her name.

Day 11/14 Mailed AOS Package

Day 11/16 AOS Package Accepted

Day 11/20 Received Text with receipt numbers

Day 11/21 Checks cashed

Day 11/26 -Letter for Biometrix - its on 12/20

Day 12/20/ went to do biometrics, turn away as wife has a cut on thumb - will try to walk in next week

Day 12/28 - bio metrics done ! - walked in San Diego as we were visiting my in laws.

Day 1/4/2013 - received text/email that case is ready to be scheduled for interview !

Day 1/15/2013 - received hard copy letter to let us know interview is on 2/12 !

Day 1/17/2013 - received text/email that EAD has been approved

Day 1/26/2013 - received EAD card

Day 2/12 - interview done - approved on spot!

Thank you.

Hmm...how come you are on F1 and don't have a social....I was on F1 and the first thing they require us as F1 students (at least in my university) is to apply for social...you'd better check after this, I am not sure why you never got your social....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you are just married you don't have to include too much evidence in your initial AoS submission. What you have listed is sufficient - in fact, I wouldn't bother with the affidavits from third parties.

Collect more and better evidence to present at the interview, preferably of financial comingling (joint bank accounts and credit cards, utility statements in both names, naming each other as beneficiaries on life insurance and retirement accounts etc).

:thumbs:

Hmm...how come you are on F1 and don't have a social....I was on F1 and the first thing they require us as F1 students (at least in my university) is to apply for social...you'd better check after this, I am not sure why you never got your social....

F-1 students are usually entitled to apply for an SSN, but it isn't mandatory or automatic. Your university's international office may have required you to get one but it's not universally the case.

Spouse-based AOS from out-of-status H-1B, May - Aug 2012

Removal of conditions, Aug - Nov 2014

F-1 students are usually entitled to apply for an SSN, but it isn't mandatory or automatic. Your university's international office may have required you to get one but it's not universally the case.

Hmm....okay. I wasn't sure if this was a "local" idea, or it was sort of well done and accepted all across the US when one is on F1.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.