shadesandbalcony

interview, medicals etc.

5 posts in this topic

hi everyone! my interview sched is next week and im trying to prepare documents that i will be needing. by the way im still waiting for my culture results on feb 6 but they wanted me to call on feb 11. might call them this week for the results. i just have few inquiries regarding needed requirements for the interview.

first, i was reading posts here about reasons for getting an ap for cr1 visa and most of what i read says coz they havent paid the verification fee to delbros. but the thing is these posts are way back 2008. just wondering if this fee is still applicable until now coz i was trying to find newer post related to this but cant find any.

secondly, i still have my nbi clearance which i got last nov for nvc (got several copies) this is still valid for the interview right? and for married filipina women, may i ask how is your name written there? for example, the maiden name is juana lopez cruz then she got married and it changed to juana cruz moore. so how should it appear in the clearance with the "de" and "y" should it be like "cruz de moore, juana y lopez" ?

third, the photo needed for the interview is 2x2 right? is this the same with what we submitted in nvc stage with in terms of specification? coz an ordinary 2x2 is different from us visa 2x2 right? and can i still use the photos which we submitted in nvc that was taken last november since i got copies? or newer ones are needed?

fourth, my husband owns a business so he is self employed. during nvc, we submitted his last 3 years tax transcript (2009 2010 2011) a local newspaper article about the business and an llc cert of the business. we are over poverty lines so theres no problem with that but do you think we submitted enough? and what else do we need for the interview to support our application? do i still need to bring copies of his tax transcripts with me during the interview? my husband is here in manila now so he will be with me during the interview.

lastly, what documents do i need for the interview?

thank you all and God bless! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

first, i was reading posts here about reasons for getting an ap for cr1 visa and most of what i read says coz they havent paid the verification fee to delbros. but the thing is these posts are way back 2008. just wondering if this fee is still applicable until now coz i was trying to find newer post related to this but cant find any.--- THIS IS WAY BACK 2008, YOU DONT NEED TO PAY FOR VERIFICATION FEE ANYMORE

secondly, i still have my nbi clearance which i got last nov for nvc (got several copies) this is still valid for the interview right? - IT HAS 12 MONTHS VALIDITY, BUT STILL DEPENDS ON THE CONSUL IF HE WANTS A NEWER ONE. I HAD MY INTERVIEW JAN.28,2013 AND MY NBI WAS DATED OCT. 2012.. I DIDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM AT ALL

and for married filipina women, may i ask how is your name written there? for example, the maiden name is juana lopez cruz then she got married and it changed to juana cruz moore. so how should it appear in the clearance with the "de" and "y" should it be like "cruz de moore, juana y lopez" ? - DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA, SORRY

third, the photo needed for the interview is 2x2 right? is this the same with what we submitted in nvc stage with in terms of specification? coz an ordinary 2x2 is different from us visa 2x2 right? and can i still use the photos which we submitted in nvc that was taken last november since i got copies? or newer ones are needed - I AM NOT SURE BUT I GOT MYSELF A NEWER ONE.

fourth, my husband owns a business so he is self employed. during nvc, we submitted his last 3 years tax transcript (2009 2010 2011) a local newspaper article about the business and an llc cert of the business. we are over poverty lines so theres no problem with that but do you think we submitted enough? and what else do we need for the interview to support our application? do i still need to bring copies of his tax transcripts with me during the interview? my husband is here in manila now so he will be with me during the interview. - DONT HAVE ANY IDEA, SORRY

lastly, what documents do i need for the interview? - YOU CAN CHECK THE EMBASSY WEBSITE FOR DOCS NEEDED IN SPOUSAL VISA.

06/25/2008 : Met for the first time

07/25/2011 : Met for the 2nd time, HE PROPOSED!

04/06/2012 : Sent I29-F Package

04/09/2012 : NOA1 received

10/03/2012 : NOA2 (no RFE)

11/15/2012 : Med Exam @ St.Lukes (scar found on xray film)

11/19/2012 : start of my 3-day sputum exam

11/21/2012 : 3 smear result is negative but have to wait 2 months for culture and sensitivity test result

01/21/2013 : PASSED the med exam! smile.png

01/28/2013 : Interview at USEM(7:30AM)-- APPROVED

02/02/2013 : Visa on Hand

02/25/2013 : USA entry

03/12/2013 : Got Married, got SSN after 4 days

04/08/2013 : Filed/sent AOS, EAD, AP

04/22/2013 : NOA1 letter received with biometrics appontment

05/15/2013 : biometrics

06/25/2013 : received the EAD/AP combo card

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone! my interview sched is next week and im trying to prepare documents that i will be needing. by the way im still waiting for my culture results on feb 6 but they wanted me to call on feb 11. might call them this week for the results. i just have few inquiries regarding needed requirements for the interview.

first, i was reading posts here about reasons for getting an ap for cr1 visa and most of what i read says coz they havent paid the verification fee to delbros. but the thing is these posts are way back 2008. just wondering if this fee is still applicable until now coz i was trying to find newer post related to this but cant find any.

secondly, i still have my nbi clearance which i got last nov for nvc (got several copies) this is still valid for the interview right? and for married filipina women, may i ask how is your name written there? for example, the maiden name is juana lopez cruz then she got married and it changed to juana cruz moore. so how should it appear in the clearance with the "de" and "y" should it be like "cruz de moore, juana y lopez" ?

third, the photo needed for the interview is 2x2 right? is this the same with what we submitted in nvc stage with in terms of specification? coz an ordinary 2x2 is different from us visa 2x2 right? and can i still use the photos which we submitted in nvc that was taken last november since i got copies? or newer ones are needed?

fourth, my husband owns a business so he is self employed. during nvc, we submitted his last 3 years tax transcript (2009 2010 2011) a local newspaper article about the business and an llc cert of the business. we are over poverty lines so theres no problem with that but do you think we submitted enough? and what else do we need for the interview to support our application? do i still need to bring copies of his tax transcripts with me during the interview? my husband is here in manila now so he will be with me during the interview.

lastly, what documents do i need for the interview?

No additional fees. Your NBI should be just fine. Do you have the NSO CEMAR? If not you will need one for the interview. Yes the 2X2 you submitted are fine.

I will include some links that should help.

All the best with your interview.

IR/CR-1

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2991.html#9

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Packet%204%20_appointment%20packet_%20English%20rtf%20_revised%20GSS_%20_2_%20rtf2_rtf_april2012_rtf2_002.pdf

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9719#fn11

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

thanks for the replies guys! so basically same photo specifications like in nvc? just want to get suggestions for my husband's aos evidences since he doesnt have pay stubs coz he owns the business. how can he prove his current income (2012) (his business is operational during summer) since he hasnt filed the 2012 tax yet.

and an update, we called st lukes earlier and my sputum culture is negative! yay! just need to go there next week for physical exam (again) and vaccines :)

thank you guys and God bless!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats with St. Luke's.

embassy asks for the most current year tax returns, 2012 are not required to be filed until April, so 2011 are the most current.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.